Virtual Team Rowing Challenge – January 2006

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] efg

Women's Forum

Post by [old] efg » December 21st, 2005, 3:24 am

NOTICE ABOUT JANUARY VIRTUAL TEAM - FOWL PLAY<br /><br />Hello,<br /><br />I am trying to set up our team, but whenever I click the "create team" button I get an error message. I will keep trying, however, and if I am not successful, I will email Dena for help. In the meantime, please start sending me your email addresses, and your first and last names as they are entered in your online profiles. You can send me the information by clicking the "PM" message at the bottom of this post.<br /><br />Thanks and happy erging!<br /><br />Emilia

[old] Jemima

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Jemima » December 21st, 2005, 11:59 am

Count me in.<br /><br />Tina

[old] efg

Women's Forum

Post by [old] efg » December 21st, 2005, 1:22 pm

Hello Everyone,<br /><br />Technical Difficulties have been all sorted out, and our team is growing. So far we have 7 people signed up. If you want to join, I will need:<br /><br />Your email address<br />Your first and last names, EXACTLY as they are entered in your online profile.<br /><br />This will let me add you to our team roster in a way that will add your meters rowed AUTOMATICALLY to our team total (once you enter them into your personal logs).<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Emilia<br />Captain of FOWL PLAY

[old] rhorva@hotmail.com

Women's Forum

Post by [old] rhorva@hotmail.com » December 24th, 2005, 5:28 pm

Rubber Ducky wants to participate in the Ducks in a Row Virtual Team Challenge! I'm so pumped up from just having completed my first Holiday Challenge that I couldn't possibly stop now.<br /><br />Incidentally, saw a Chiropracter today and she complimented me on being such a "fine physical specimen" and when I told her that I row, she said "That explains why you are so strong."<br /><br />Keep pulling, Duckies!!! Please include me in team email.s Rubber Ducky.

[old] rhorva@hotmail.com

Women's Forum

Post by [old] rhorva@hotmail.com » December 24th, 2005, 5:29 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-efg+Dec 21 2005, 01:22 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(efg @ Dec 21 2005, 01:22 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hello Everyone,<br /><br />Technical Difficulties have been all sorted out, and our team is growing.  So far we have 7 people signed up.  If you want to join, I will need:<br /><br />Your email address<br />Your first and last names, EXACTLY as they are entered in your online profile.<br /><br />This will let me add you to our team roster in a way that will add your meters rowed AUTOMATICALLY to our team total (once you enter them into your personal logs).<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Emilia<br />Captain of FOWL PLAY <br /> </td></tr></table><br />

[old] rhorva@hotmail.com

Women's Forum

Post by [old] rhorva@hotmail.com » December 24th, 2005, 5:34 pm

Sorry, Emila, I don't quite know what happened, and how your note got inside my profile.. I am still new at this posting forum and I must say, it is a bit inscrutible.<br /><br />I apologize, please don't kick me off the team!<br /><br />Rubber Ducky

[old] Jemima

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Jemima » December 24th, 2005, 7:20 pm

Where can I see a list of other members of this team? When does the team row start and finish?<br /><br />Tina

[old] Kelebek

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Kelebek » December 25th, 2005, 1:28 am

I'm happy to do join too, as long as someone emails me and tells me who to apply to and join. I try and do 10K a day at the moment and it may as well go to a virtual team challenge as well as the DIAR team standings. Cheers Marian

[old] holladay

Women's Forum

Post by [old] holladay » December 25th, 2005, 5:11 pm

Click on the PM button at the bottom left of any message (PM=Personal Message)<br />Type EFG in the box where it says "enter member's name here" (you might have to remove someone elses name)<br /><br /><span style='color:green'>Send her:<br />1) Your email address<br />2) Your first and last names</span><br /><span style='color:red'>EXACTLY</span> as they are entered in your online profile in your<span style='color:red'><b> C2 Logbook </b> </span><br /><br />Welcome everyone to the January row. All Duck, Drakes and Ducklings. Let's see how far we can row together!<br /><br />Susan aka Wood Duck

[old] Finduck

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Finduck » December 26th, 2005, 5:51 am

Whow,<br /><br />I'm so stuffed with all of this holiday eating that I gladly join in for the challenge! Let's beat it!<br /><br />Salla

[old] woolsmith

Women's Forum

Post by [old] woolsmith » December 26th, 2005, 11:49 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Finduck+Dec 26 2005, 05:51 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Finduck @ Dec 26 2005, 05:51 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Whow,<br /><br />I'm so stuffed with all of this holiday eating that I gladly join in for the challenge! Let's beat it!<br /><br />Salla <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />I'm right with you, Finduck! <br /><br />Devilled eggs, spinach dip with crackers and veggies, wide selection of high-fat appetizers, cranberry-orange relish, homemade bread, candy, cookies, mashed potatoes, turkey, ham, scalloped pineapple, taco dip and chips, eggnog, a shot of Bailey's Irish Cream, green bean casserole, rice krispie treats, homemade chocolate candies and fudge, sweet potatoes with butter and brown sugar, breakfast casseroles, homemade cinnamon-orange rolls, three kinds of pies, and I know I'm forgetting some stuff. I had the nerve to bring a veggie tray and a low-fat dip. Our family tries to "love" each other to death with food! <br /><br />This duck is plopped right in the middle of the floor on the carpet. By January 1st, I'll be just about able to move again and waddle to the erg and do that challenge!<br /><br />--Jen

[old] sirrobin

Women's Forum

Post by [old] sirrobin » December 26th, 2005, 5:12 pm

I just signed up for Fowl Play. Thanks to everyone who plowed through the rules and technical difficulties to get this team off the ground! <br /><br />I really need the motivation after the Holiday Challenge. I got sick on Thanksgiving Day and I've still got the cough. So, I had to lower my expectations for the challenge from 200k to 100k -- and I did make that. But I have not been able to really push myself, "just row" the meters. That gets a little boring for me. I like to break it up with my thirty-minute Thursdays, 500 on the 5th, 2000 meters on the 20th, etc. The thought of continuing to "just row" to keep my upper respiratory system from going from bad to worse isn't very compelling. <br /><br />This virtual team challenge is just the thing I need.<br /><br />Thanks!<br />Robin<br /><br />P.S. After taking 2 days off I was able to do my personal best for an hour today!

[old] efg

Women's Forum

Post by [old] efg » December 26th, 2005, 5:19 pm

Hello Fowl Play Team & All,<br /><br />I guess it's time for an update. <br /><br /><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>We have 30 people on our team right now!</span></span><br /><br /><br />If you go to the First Virtual Team Challenge topic in the forum, it seems that these teams, at least, have signed up (I'm not sure how up-to-date this list is):<br /><br />Fowl Play<br />Nate<br />The Eh! Team<br />Taff Attack Virtual Team<br />Team Oz<br />Dave Drabic Crew Chiefs<br />Brobekk dusj & badstu<br />ROLOs<br />Doon the watter<br />McDowell Tribe<br />GEORGETOWN<br />damd<br />Mendota Rowing Club<br />TRC - Tallahassee Rowing Club<br />Churchmen<br />Ladies of the Lake (OAR) <br />Team RIC<br />Dead Otter Rowing Club<br />Western Cape<br />Greenbank<br />NFRS <br />Supercanoa Team<br /><br /><br />As far as I know, there isn't a place to see a list of teams and who's on what team. Once January starts, I think we will have access to more information.<br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br />Once the challenge starts you'll be able to see all the current participating teams from the 'team standings' page - i'll publish the link here so everyone can go directly to the team page to view the event without having to go through the ranking first. For now though, there is no page that gives a 'preview' option...<br /><br />-bill </td></tr></table><br /><br />Start getting ready!<br /><br />Emilia<br /><span style='color:red'>Captain - Fowl Play</span>

[old] Rhody

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Rhody » December 26th, 2005, 5:23 pm

Hi Everyone!<br />I, too, signed up for Fowl Play. What a great way to keep from "falling off the boat!"<br />Lets go Ducks!<br /><br />Martha

[old] rhorva@hotmail.com

Women's Forum

Post by [old] rhorva@hotmail.com » December 26th, 2005, 6:55 pm

Gettin' ready, Ducks. Increased my distance by 500 Meters today, to bring me up to 4500 daily, and started working on my power DRIVe, which shaved 2 minutes off my overall time.<br /><br />Still slow, and still a heavyweight, but I'm looking forward to this January challenge to help me get closer to light! Rainyh