Generate Wolverine Workouts, New Software

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] bmoore

Training

Post by [old] bmoore » August 30th, 2005, 9:12 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-julieofarc+Aug 30 2005, 07:32 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(julieofarc @ Aug 30 2005, 07:32 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-bmoore+Aug 30 2005, 03:26 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(bmoore @ Aug 30 2005, 03:26 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->L4's easy???  No way.  It's hard to keep the pace/rate combo going and pay attention to all the switches.  I've got yellow sticky notes with the paces for 16/18/20/22 rates, and then I put the breakdown on the sets.  (i.e. 2/16, 2/18, 2/20, 2/28, 2/16 for a 176 and 4/16, 3/18, 2/20, 1/22 for a 180).  Eventually you get used to the sets, and then it's time to mix it up.  My 2x40' the other day alternated between 180 & 184.  I think I'll stick with my 70' 176/180 tonight.<br /><br />These workouts should feel like you're having to pull really hard to keep the pace.  It definitely adds to your ability to pull long for longer periods.  The heart rate still can get up there toward the end, and the last 20 minutes will start to fatigue the glutes and hammys.  Fun, fun stuff.<br /><br />Regards, <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Well, I guess it all depends on your perspective.... I like having the variety of the stroke ratings/pace to pay attention to. It makes the work-out go quicker. I like lower stroke ratings at higher power. Give me that over race pace any day of the week! I must admit I was pretty glad during the final 1 min @22 because it's easier to keep the pace up there at higher ratings. <br /><br />I use the printout from the Wolverine Generator, staple all the pages together, and then fold it in half lengthwise. Then I can set it on the erg resting between the handle hook and chain guide. I circle or highlight the piece I'm doing. It hasn't been too much of a problem to do that because I was updating the sheet every two weeks and then I'd have a fresh copy to scribble on.<br /><br />Then again, I've only been doing 40' too. I'm also just returning to rowing, so my current 2k time really stinks (8:58), and I think it could actually be lots better since I was really poorly motivated on my last 2k test. However, I'm going to stick with the current times until Sept. 20th and retest then. We'll see what this evening brings for the 2nd L4 today. (I get to finish Sense & Sensibility! Glad they have subtitles since I haven't bought a wireless transmitter yet for the tv!) <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Ok, so they not really that bad, especially in light of any test or even a hard 4x1k.