Highschool Rowers?

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] gorow9

General

Post by [old] gorow9 » March 3rd, 2005, 7:02 pm

I know what ya'll are saying with wether and ice and whatnot. Once a month I go swimming at the beach with my school... I'm surprised the bay isn't frozen, last year it was. We also have about a foot of snow and are expecting more... a lot of snow its hard to think about rowing now.<br /><br />Oh well enough procrastinating gotta write an essay <br /><br />~Sara~~

[old] fergie

General

Post by [old] fergie » March 9th, 2005, 5:38 am

Hey.<br />Yea, i'm at high school (last year).<br />17yrs from New Zealand also.<br /><br />Have been rowing/competiting on the machines for a year now - and done pretty good last year so i started outdoor rowing half way thro the season, but my crew all split up now (uni, work etc) so i'm finished with that, and its bak onto the erg!

[old] CrewGal07

General

Post by [old] CrewGal07 » March 9th, 2005, 12:01 pm

looks like we have lots of hot n' sexy accents on our hands....<br /><br />Honestly girls....what is better than a rower with a hot accent? Come now.... <br /><br />ANYWAYS!!!! <br /><br />I find out if I made the team tomorrow....freaking out a little bit...we have some serious BEASTS trying out this year. There's a girl trying out for varsity who weighs 235 lbs!!! I KID YOU NOT!!!!! Freaking insane, is what it is.<br /><br />Well guys and gals and rowers and coxes, i leave you with this question....<br /><br />Would you stroke MY boat? <br /><br />(just kidding!) <br /><br />Luv<br />Lyd

[old] gorow9

General

Post by [old] gorow9 » March 9th, 2005, 10:35 pm

Good luck Lyd!!<br /><br />I just got an email from coach about a rowing meeting this week... with the snow on the ground and ice on the water and temperature in the -ves (ferenhite) *spelling* it's hard to thin k about crew next month.. In april... we'lll have to have ice breakers on the boats and wear dry suits for unis... Ha should be fun.<br /><br />~Sara`

[old] nfeht

General

Post by [old] nfeht » March 12th, 2005, 11:57 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-gorow9+Mar 9 2005, 10:35 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(gorow9 @ Mar 9 2005, 10:35 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Good luck Lyd!!<br /><br />I just got an email from coach about a rowing meeting this week... with the snow on the ground and ice on the water and temperature in the -ves (ferenhite) *spelling* it's hard to thin k about crew next month.. In april... we'lll have to have ice breakers on the boats and wear dry suits for unis...  Ha should be fun.<br /><br />~Sara` <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />i dealt with that a few weeks ago. our coaches went out in the launches and broke up the ice and pushed it over the dam just so we could row

[old] allapologies916

General

Post by [old] allapologies916 » March 13th, 2005, 10:43 am

Ive never had that problem... we have year round rowing water... There are tons of teams at our boathouse for their spring breaks though to row

[old] EChang

General

Post by [old] EChang » March 20th, 2005, 2:49 am

oh oh me me!! i'm a freshman rower in Norther Virgina<br /><br />14 yo<br />115 lb

[old] CrewGal07

General

Post by [old] CrewGal07 » March 20th, 2005, 10:04 am

Hey yall <br /><br />I have no idea how we're supposed to row! The ice is ridiculously thick (yeah new england!) and there are ice houses on our river. I kid you not.<br /><br />But, on the bright side, they dredged our river (I know....we have a tidal course....it suuuuccckkkksssssssss), so only a couple 4 AM practices this year! w00t <~~with zeros <br /><br />Anyways, I hope allllllll is well in the world of rowers....I have to go pretend I have a life now....I LOVE SPRING BREAK.....<br /><br />What are all you guys doing for break? I'm in florida, visiting the grandparents. All this nice weather is spoiling me! I won't be able to handle going back to the negative bizillion degree weather and trying not to kill myself on the ice when we do stadiums. *sigh*<br /><br />Anyways, go get your PR and stop slacking online! <br /><br />Heart Lyd

[old] xcountryrower

General

Post by [old] xcountryrower » March 20th, 2005, 10:32 am

Sup my fellow high schoolers. I'm a 17 yo senior in northern virginia, and the sun has finally come out. Pullin round a 7:17 on a 2k, hopefully sub-7 by the end o' the season. Like the username implies, I run cross-country in the fall and row in the spring. But since i was "enlisted" sophomore year, i would rather row than run. This sport is so much fun. Unfortunately the growth spurt hit and i had to stop coxing, DAMNIT! Good idear bout this thread.<br /><br />P.S.-CrewGal07, stop up in virginia, ask for oxford boathouse, and look for the dude wearing a camelbak, and i might stroke YOUR boat.

[old] CrewGal07

General

Post by [old] CrewGal07 » March 22nd, 2005, 9:29 am

Phew....it's quite a scorcher today....a full 19 degrees! I might go sunbathing....not....<br /><br />xcountryrower...sorry about you growing, that happened to one of our coxies, but we loved her anyway (and NEEDED her! we have sooooo few coxies), so we kept her as a coxie. Everyone was fine with it, except for the fact that she'd have imprints in her butt after every practice. good times.... <br /><br />I have to do some serious training this week. In between basting and roasting next to a pool, i didn't really do a WHOLE LOT of erging. But now that I'm back in farty ol' new england...Anyone know some good erg pieces? I'm doing a 300,400,500,600,700,700,600,500,400,300 (what a mouthful/handful to type) with a 3 min rest in between each piece. It's my fave, but I can't do it every day.<br /><br />P.S. xcountryrower....I'd like to see you try <br /><br />Luv Lyd

[old] xcountryrower

General

Post by [old] xcountryrower » March 22nd, 2005, 11:15 am

Yeah, the sun is finally startin to come out. Bout damn time. As for erg piece, just do a 2k. Did one for fun the other day and pulled a 7:55, which is nice if it didn't beat some of my fellow lghtwght times . As for the growing, hey, if it cuts 40 seconds of my 2k, oh well. And I think we'll find some way round it. <br /><br />CrewGal07, who do u row for and what school? And how can i try if u never give me a shot?

[old] CrewGal07

General

Post by [old] CrewGal07 » March 22nd, 2005, 1:45 pm

Much as I love 2ks *cough*, I don't really do them for training I could do with testing myself though. I haven't PR'd in FOREVER....like.....3 weeks <br />I didn't know virginia was a cloudy state, you seem so happy about the sun coming out. Winter is soooo loooong in new england. honestly, it's so paaaaiiiinnnful. My friend got frostbite. From going for a walk. (!!!) I mean, really! Come now....<i>frostbite</i>!!!!!!! I ask you..... *sigh*<br /><br />xcountryrower....who said I wouldn't give you a shot Email me, and we'll see what we can do...what's your name by the way?<br /><br />luv lyd<br /><br />P.S.<br /><br />What does mean? I feel so stupid....but to me, it looks like a ninja who's just wet his pants or something. But if that's the look you're going for....each to his own, I always say <br /><br />P.P.S.<br />What's with all the marine pride? <br />I'm a navy fan, my whole family went to the naval academy. I might be next...

[old] gorow9

General

Post by [old] gorow9 » March 28th, 2005, 8:54 pm

Well I just got back from Florida today and it's raining that's a good thing because it's above freezing now... for now. <br /><br />I start plowing through the ice in about a week <br /><br />lyd, have you heard of the NAVY rowing camp? I'm going there this summer (1st session) or anyone has anybody heard of it?<br /><br />Gotta go<br />~Sara~

[old] CrewGal07

General

Post by [old] CrewGal07 » March 31st, 2005, 11:00 am

<br /><br />OMG!!!!<br /><br />Sara, I'm GOING to that camp! But I'm going 3rd session! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....<br /><br />Oh well. But it looks like SUCH a blast! I LOVE Annapolis, so it should be just about the fabbest thing ever. <br /><br />Btw, for anyone who cares, our dock's being put in tomorrow, JUST in time for the biggest rain storm Mass has seen for like 10 YEARS. W00t. <br /><br />luv & hugs<br />Lyd

[old] allapologies916

General

Post by [old] allapologies916 » April 1st, 2005, 11:18 pm

2ks suck... Wow, our coach decided to have us do our 2k's in a tiny room that looks like something out of Fight Club where their beating the shit out of each other in the basement, only were beating ourselves up on the ergs