New Marathon World Record

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Sir Pirate

Competitions

Post by [old] Sir Pirate » February 2nd, 2006, 2:33 pm

Maybe Dwayne rowed it for her <br /><br />I thought I would say that before Chad did <br /><br />Well? Did you Lord Speedy <br /><br />Sir Pirate

[old] John Rupp

Competitions

Post by [old] John Rupp » February 2nd, 2006, 2:37 pm

Maybe Miriam rowed Dwayne's 2k for him!

[old] Sir Pirate

Competitions

Post by [old] Sir Pirate » February 2nd, 2006, 2:41 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-John Rupp+Feb 2 2006, 06:37 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John Rupp @ Feb 2 2006, 06:37 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Maybe Miriam rowed Dwayne's 2k for him!          <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /> Maybe Dwayne is Miriam.......at weekends <br /><br />Sir Pirate<br />xx

[old] Andreas

Competitions

Post by [old] Andreas » February 2nd, 2006, 2:53 pm

Has she ever rowed in public? I think that would clear up all the uncertainties!!!!

[old] dadams

Competitions

Post by [old] dadams » February 2nd, 2006, 3:36 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Sir Pirate+Feb 2 2006, 01:41 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Sir Pirate @ Feb 2 2006, 01:41 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-John Rupp+Feb 2 2006, 06:37 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John Rupp @ Feb 2 2006, 06:37 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Maybe Miriam rowed Dwayne's 2k for him!           <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /> Maybe Dwayne is Miriam.......at weekends <br /><br />Sir Pirate<br />xx <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Dwayne is Miriam...Miriam is Dwayne. Cats sleeping with dogs. Pure anarchy I tell you!!

[old] cbrock

Competitions

Post by [old] cbrock » February 2nd, 2006, 7:50 pm

Unfortunately there is a tragic love story which originated from a Gymnasium in Barcelona about a certain Manuel who was desperately in love with a beautiful rower called Miriam.<br /><br />Manuel did everything he could to impress Miriam rowing huge quantities of metres each day just to be there when she arrived for her workout.<br /><br />Miriam was still not impressed.<br /><br />He had an brilliant idea.<br /><br />If he could break the existing marathon world record this would surely be enough to gain the admiration of his loved one.<br /><br />Now for someone who hadn't yet broken 8 minutes for 2k this was a huge task.<br /><br />His heart rate at bursting point for some 2 hours and 25 mins he toiled and accomplished his task. Unfortunately he collapsed and died soon after, but not before shouting out "This time is for Miriam".<br /><br />Unfortunately this was misunderstood by the gym owner who had just arrived at work who thought he said "This is Miriam's Time".<br /><br />The Gym owner subsequently entered this time in good faith.<br /><br />A very very sad love story I am sure you will all agree.<br /><br />Hope this clears it up.<br /><br />

[old] John Rupp

Competitions

Post by [old] John Rupp » February 2nd, 2006, 9:38 pm

Let's not tarnish Miriam's good name any farther.<br /><br />Of course she did this time, it is quite legitimate and a new world record for the marathon! <br /><br />Where is Mark Pukita when you need him??

[old] Sirrowsalot

Competitions

Post by [old] Sirrowsalot » February 2nd, 2006, 10:40 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-sjmotzny+Feb 2 2006, 11:51 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(sjmotzny @ Feb 2 2006, 11:51 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Another possibility occurred to me...<br /><br />Perhaps this wasn't a rowing marathon.  Maybe the time was for a running<br />marathon.  A 23 year old, 55kg, woman marathon runner seems about<br />right.  The 2:25:03 time would be an excellent time as well (but I don't<br />believe a world record).<br /><br />Perhaps her result was just entered in the wrong log?  I don't see<br />her in any of the other rowing rankings. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />That would be a pretty hilarious display of incompetence, i.e. either finishing a running marathon then turning on your pm3 and somehow logging a fraudulent time (rowed by someone else) or finishing a running marathon then calling up Concept2 (apparently with a witness as well) and reporting your running time to a company that specializes in indoor rowing exercise equipment.

[old] Sirrowsalot

Competitions

Post by [old] Sirrowsalot » February 2nd, 2006, 10:43 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-John Rupp+Feb 2 2006, 08:38 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John Rupp @ Feb 2 2006, 08:38 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Let's not tarnish Miriam's good name any farther.<br /><br />Of course she did this time, it is quite legitimate and a new world record for the marathon! <br /><br />Where is Mark Pukita when you need him?? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Excellent satire. I think this time vitiates the claim that Ind_v times are incontrovertible and may open the door up to some more Dwayne Adams controversy (still no photographs or splits, right Chad?). Good times.

[old] cbrock

Competitions

Post by [old] cbrock » February 3rd, 2006, 3:19 am

And perhaps it would now be appropriate to add our congratualtions to Barbara Graf the "Real holder" of the record, on a magnificent performance in becoming the first woman to break 2:50.<br /><br />Barbara's time was also faster than the existing half marathon record for her age!<br /><br />Hopefully a Gold Medal at the WIRC is now within her grasp (5th last year I think)<br /><br />Also to Thorsten Jonischkeit in breaking the men's Marathon record at the same event on 5/7/05.<br /><br />Both these performances were done in bona-fide race conditions...awesome!<br /><br />.....Chris

[old] Birkyboy

Competitions

Post by [old] Birkyboy » February 6th, 2006, 6:51 pm

Anyone sent her a 'pm' or email?<br /><br />What did she say?<br /><br />

[old] ehagberg

Competitions

Post by [old] ehagberg » February 6th, 2006, 8:43 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Sirrowsalot+Feb 2 2006, 09:43 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Sirrowsalot @ Feb 2 2006, 09:43 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Excellent satire.  I think this time vitiates the claim that Ind_v times are incontrovertible and may open the door up to some more Dwayne Adams controversy (still no photographs or splits, right Chad?).  Good times. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />IND_V isn't just for PM3 verified times - they are also for ones that weren't done at a race, but C2 verified based on witnesses.<br /><br />Still, someone screwed up when allowing the bogus time in as IND_V... but not the PM3, I'll bet.