Fast Fall Races

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Polaco

e-row

Post by [old] Polaco » December 11th, 2005, 12:17 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Dec 10 2005, 03:04 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Dec 10 2005, 03:04 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Jaime, sorry to hear about the flight problems causing your absence today in Amsterdam. It was a fantastic atmosphere over there, with lots of spectators. Hennie, Pieter and myself all rowed faster than last week, so you would have gone sub 6:30 for sure <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />HI Jaap:<br /><br />Yes it was quite disappointing for Ancho and for me, but shit happens ..... Next competition I will go sub- 6:30 Promised!!<br /><br />And congratulations for that extraordinary time!!!! I told you that the adrenaline of the competitin will lead you to PR!!!<br /><br />See you

[old] JaapR

e-row

Post by [old] JaapR » December 11th, 2005, 6:00 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Sir Pirate+Dec 11 2005, 07:12 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Sir Pirate @ Dec 11 2005, 07:12 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Nice 2K Jaap  <br /><br />Mr Flack had a good row yesterday 6:28.8. I think that is his best 2K in 2 years. I did pace him for the first 1K though  <br /><br />Sir Pirate <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Thanks Phil, looking forward to the HM next week. It will be my first long race since a very long time. Target will be last year PB 1:15.57. <br /><br />Congratulations Paul, what is your 2k PB?<br /><br />Jaap

[old] Roland Baltutis

e-row

Post by [old] Roland Baltutis » December 11th, 2005, 10:59 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Dec 11 2005, 07:09 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Dec 11 2005, 07:09 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br /><br />Andreas and Roland, did you race the 2k today? I can't find the results on the DR server. If you did row, please post the results here, so that I can e-mail these and Pieter, Hennie's and mine to Frank.<br /><br />Jaap <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Congratulations Jaap and Paul for your superb 2K times. Good to see Paul go sub 6:30 again. Your 6:17 presents a good immediate challenge for me but with my current on water rowing training I should be able to crack it soon.<br /><br />That brings me onto the reason why Andreas and myself didn't race as planned. As my on water rowing season is starting to build up, my coach just put me through some serious training in the single scull. Sunday morning was my 3rd day in a row of 3 X 2K all out sessions. The pieces were against other scullers, some of which I had never beaten before, so I had no opportunity to ease off and save myself for the erg race.<br /><br />Rowing on water must use more muscles than the erg because I never get the aches and pains from erging like I do after a hard on water session. I was totally wrecked after that and it would have been stupid to do a 2K race on the same day with someone like Andreas. So I had to pull out but hope to meet you guys again soon on line on the erg.<br /><br />My coach says that real rowing in a boat takes priority over artificial rowing on the erg. But I'm sure I can sneak some enjoyable online erg sessions in somewhere.<br /><br />Rockin Roland<br />

[old] Andreas

e-row

Post by [old] Andreas » December 12th, 2005, 12:59 am

Hi Jaap and All<br /><br />Congrats on all the PR this weekend, it is realy awsome that you guys can manage to do so many 2k races.<br /><br />As Roland said, we didnt race together. I just rowed with Frank last night but since all the fast guys were some else, I lost interest(no offense Frank) and just wanted to finnish the series.Thanx to Frank who rowed with me to make my race "legal"<br />(maybe you can use my BIRC time rather )<br />I'm leaving for my summer holiday on We. and will only be back in the new year.I'm looking foreward to do same training at sealevel and hope to do same good distance pieces while I'm there.<br />I dont have internet connection where I'm going but will try and use my cellfone to see what is happening online.Cellfone connection cant last longer than 1h so maybe I will do some shorter pieces with you guys.<br /><br />Hope everybody a Merry Christmas and a happy new year...... erging

[old] hennmart

e-row

Post by [old] hennmart » December 12th, 2005, 9:06 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Andreas+Dec 12 2005, 06:59 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Andreas @ Dec 12 2005, 06:59 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br />I'm leaving for my summer holiday on We. and will only be back in the new year.I'm looking foreward to do same training at sealevel and hope to do same good distance pieces while I'm there.<br /><br />Hope everybody a Merry Christmas and a happy new year...... erging <br /> </td></tr></table><br />The same for you Andreas and have a good summer holiday!<br /><br />Hennie

[old] H_2O

e-row

Post by [old] H_2O » December 13th, 2005, 7:47 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Dec 11 2005, 07:23 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Dec 11 2005, 07:23 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Also, if you are not in very good shape at the moment you are very welcome in the online sessions. How about next week in Pirates HM? Still 3 slots open. How are the back problems? Did you recover well from all the injuries?<br /><br />Jaap<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I am fully recovered and seem to be getting into 2K shape.<br />I'll focus on the 2K now exclusively.<br />I think I am much slower now on the longer distances.<br /><br />I have my own erg in Carinthia (province of Austria) in a house where I have no internet connection. In Vienna I do all my rowing at the fitness center but only PM2 monitors. At the end of January I am moving from Vienna to Carinthia permanently. <br /><br />Looks like I won't be able to internet race for a while.<br />I'll produce rowpro files though. The problem is only how will I submit these.<br /><br />I'll miss the internet races. I am mentally too weak to push myself hard enough alone.<br />