Weight Training For Erging

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] gw1

Training

Post by [old] gw1 » January 19th, 2005, 10:38 am

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> </td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I wasn't being a smart ass about not remembering.<!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br><br>No worries mate i never interperated it that way.<br><br><br><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> </td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I do remember going to one of the Nautilus Only Gyms many years ago and they were training their clients utilizing Super Sets. In other words, the machines were set up to perform 2 exercises, working the same body part, without leaving that peice of equipment. I can remember doing leg press then immediately doing leg extension. This kinda went againest everything that he was saying, though. Because the idea was to go to failure on one exercise so that there wasn't a need to do a second exercise. And the were teaching this with his blessing.<!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br><br>That dual leg piece was designed to utilize the pre-exhaust principle, by doing leg extension first then leg press. If they were showing the exercises in the other way around then it was not as Arthur Jones had intended. I worked for Nautilus for a few years in the early '80's they were very adamant about following their protocol.<br><br><br>Gary <br>

[old] Yoda1

Training

Post by [old] Yoda1 » January 19th, 2005, 5:36 pm

Gary,<br><br>Have you ever wondered what happened to all that weight equipment? I sometimes wonder what it would be like to have some of that equipment in my gym, now. Unfortunately, it's probably in some junk yard rusting away.<br><br>Yoda

[old] gw1

Training

Post by [old] gw1 » January 21st, 2005, 12:27 am

Yoda, <br><br>IMO the best piece that Nautilus ever put out was the pullover, i still see a few around. The others i don't think i would use today!<br><br>GW