New Personal Best

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] johnnybike

Training

Post by [old] johnnybike » November 4th, 2005, 3:49 am

Well done Kimchitom, a heart-warming story <br /><br />Why not work on small steps rather than a big leap from sub 9 to sub 8. Sub 8:50 and then onwards.<br />Whatever you do, it is working for you so long may it continue<br /><br />Bob Spenger wrote 'I seem to be getting pumphead moments'. Don't know what it menas but it sounds good.

[old] TheHagueDragon

Training

Post by [old] TheHagueDragon » November 4th, 2005, 8:55 am

Today i tried a 60 minutes row for the first time so it's a PB!<br />15.610 meters.<br /><br />The first halve hour i hade a pace of 1:53. After the first halve hour i slowed down to 1:55.<br />Now i feel much, much pain in my bottom!

[old] hennmart

Training

Post by [old] hennmart » November 4th, 2005, 9:06 am

<!--QuoteBegin-TheHagueDragon+Nov 4 2005, 02:55 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(TheHagueDragon @ Nov 4 2005, 02:55 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Today i tried a 60 minutes row for the first time so it's a PB!<br />15.610 meters.<br /><br />The first halve hour i hade a pace of 1:53. After the first halve hour i slowed down to 1:55.<br />Now i feel much, much pain in my bottom! <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Hi Maarten,<br /><br />Good row! But do not slow down but go faster <br /><br />Hennie

[old] TheHagueDragon

Training

Post by [old] TheHagueDragon » November 4th, 2005, 10:23 am

<!--QuoteBegin-hennmart+Nov 4 2005, 03:06 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(hennmart @ Nov 4 2005, 03:06 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-TheHagueDragon+Nov 4 2005, 02:55 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(TheHagueDragon @ Nov 4 2005, 02:55 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Today i tried a 60 minutes row for the first time so it's a PB!<br />15.610 meters.<br /><br />The first halve hour i hade a pace of 1:53. After the first halve hour i slowed down to 1:55.<br />Now i feel much, much pain in my bottom! <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Hi Maarten,<br /><br />Good row! But do not slow down but go faster <br /><br />Hennie <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Yeah! I know! First halve hour was with two fingers in my nose (like we say in Holland) but after that i got punished. The man with the hammer stood behind me! <br />Still my 10k split was a few seconds faster then the 10k i did last week.

[old] mpukita

Training

Post by [old] mpukita » November 4th, 2005, 11:46 am

<!--QuoteBegin-bmoore+Nov 4 2005, 12:29 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(bmoore @ Nov 4 2005, 12:29 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->A PB is a PB...<br /><br />500m 1:31.7<br /><br />Started at 1:34 for the first 100, and then kept going faster.  Just a tune up for the weekend 1k. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Bill:<br /><br />Way to go!!!<br /><br />Those unexpected PBs during training ... the ones where you just feel good and let 'er rip ... are often just as rewarding as those that are planned.<br /><br />You should also be able to post a new 1K PB after tommorow's race at 8 am! I know I will! Now thinking I'll shoot for 3:30 or lower, a huge improvement for me from 3:42.2, but I'm confident I can do it if I get a good rest tonight.<br /><br />(How's that for positive thinking?)<br /><br />Regards -- Mark

[old] ancho

Training

Post by [old] ancho » November 4th, 2005, 11:52 am

<!--QuoteBegin-TheHagueDragon+Nov 4 2005, 03:23 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(TheHagueDragon @ Nov 4 2005, 03:23 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Yeah! I know! First halve hour was with two fingers in my nose (like we say in Holland) but after that i got punished. The man with the hammer stood behind me! <br />Still my 10k split was a few seconds faster then the 10k i did last week. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Great 60 min-time!<br />I have seen your pics on your web: you frighten me! <br />Keep it on and have fun!<br />Tot zieks!

[old] michaelb

Training

Post by [old] michaelb » November 4th, 2005, 12:39 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Nov 4 2005, 10:46 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Nov 4 2005, 10:46 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->You should also be able to post a new 1K PB after tommorow's race at 8 am!  I know I will!  Now thinking I'll shoot for 3:30 or lower, a huge improvement for me from 3:42.2, but I'm confident I can do it if I get a good rest tonight. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Mark, you may want to consider changing your handicap and leaving at 3:30 then. If you start at 3:42, you will be over 100m ahead of the "pack" including me when we start; if you row a 3:30, you will finish 50m ahead of the pack. Not sure how much faster Krysta will be in her race, so she will be out there in front and you can race with her; or you can leave later and run from us coming from behind.<br /><br />Of course if we all mess with our handicaps we are messing with Frank's careful scoring system, but at this rate we are all mostly tied more or less, and he is leading anyway, so not sure that matters that much to me.<br />

[old] TheHagueDragon

Training

Post by [old] TheHagueDragon » November 4th, 2005, 12:59 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-ancho+Nov 4 2005, 05:52 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(ancho @ Nov 4 2005, 05:52 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-TheHagueDragon+Nov 4 2005, 03:23 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(TheHagueDragon @ Nov 4 2005, 03:23 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Yeah! I know! First halve hour was with two fingers in my nose (like we say in Holland) but after that i got punished. The man with the hammer stood behind me! <br />Still my 10k split was a few seconds faster then the 10k i did last week. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Great 60 min-time!<br />I have seen your pics on your web: you frighten me! <br />Keep it on and have fun!<br />Tot zieks! <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Thanx Ancho!<br />Your avatar, are you in a kind of rescueboat? Not a skiff but what we (in Holland) call a "sloep"?<br />When you click on this link <a href='http://home.planet.nl/~berk0023/sport.htm' target='_blank'>sport</a> you see me in a boat like yours!<br />I did this for several years long time ago.

[old] ancho

Training

Post by [old] ancho » November 4th, 2005, 6:37 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-TheHagueDragon+Nov 4 2005, 05:59 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(TheHagueDragon @ Nov 4 2005, 05:59 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Thanx Ancho!<br />Your avatar, are you in a kind of rescueboat? Not a skiff but what we (in Holland) call a "sloep"?<br />When you click on this link <a href='http://home.planet.nl/~berk0023/sport.htm' target='_blank'>sport</a> you see me in a boat like yours!<br />I did this for several years long time ago. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Nice pics, looks very much the same as our traditional "llaguts" (pronounce it "jaguts"). Some more explanations <a href='http://concept2.ipbhost.com/index.php?s ... entry36374' target='_blank'>here</a><br /><br />Meanwhile I've also tried surf-rowing (this is really in a "rescue-boat"), which is GREAT!!<br /><br />Tot ziens (think I've got it right this time! )!

[old] mpukita

Training

Post by [old] mpukita » November 4th, 2005, 6:45 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-michaelb+Nov 4 2005, 12:39 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(michaelb @ Nov 4 2005, 12:39 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Nov 4 2005, 10:46 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Nov 4 2005, 10:46 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->You should also be able to post a new 1K PB after tommorow's race at 8 am!  I know I will!  Now thinking I'll shoot for 3:30 or lower, a huge improvement for me from 3:42.2, but I'm confident I can do it if I get a good rest tonight. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Mark, you may want to consider changing your handicap and leaving at 3:30 then. If you start at 3:42, you will be over 100m ahead of the "pack" including me when we start; if you row a 3:30, you will finish 50m ahead of the pack. Not sure how much faster Krysta will be in her race, so she will be out there in front and you can race with her; or you can leave later and run from us coming from behind.<br /><br />Of course if we all mess with our handicaps we are messing with Frank's careful scoring system, but at this rate we are all mostly tied more or less, and he is leading anyway, so not sure that matters that much to me. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Michael:<br /><br />Good point ... I'll go with whatever delay Bill is OK with. I'm glad to row at the 3:30 delay because I'm serious about going for it tomorrow.<br /><br />I'll post on the race topic as well.<br /><br />Thanks for the recommendation!<br /><br />Regards -- Mark<br />

[old] ancho

Training

Post by [old] ancho » November 4th, 2005, 6:49 pm

New PB for the 10k: <span style='color:red'><b>38:11,8</b></span> (from 38:44,5) <br />2k warmup, DF 120, 23 spm, and with a considerable negative split (starting as a "normal" workout at 1:58)<br />I feel specially happy, as I have been struggling with the erg for the last few months, and it is the first time since july tha I've felt "the flow" on the erg!<br />Probably has something to do with a new, "easier" technique we are testing on the water...<br />This makes me confident to go for the 60 min one of these days (don't know exactly when to fit it in my actual trainig schedule...)<br />

[old] mpukita

Training

Post by [old] mpukita » November 4th, 2005, 7:26 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-ancho+Nov 4 2005, 06:49 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(ancho @ Nov 4 2005, 06:49 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->New PB for the 10k: <span style='color:red'><b>38:11,8</b></span> (from 38:44,5) <br />2k warmup, DF 120, 23 spm, and with a considerable negative split (starting as a "normal" workout at 1:58)<br />I feel specially happy, as I have been struggling with the erg for the last few months, and it is the first time since july tha I've felt "the flow" on the erg!<br />Probably has something to do with a new, "easier" technique we are testing on the water...<br />This makes me confident to go for the 60 min one of these days (don't know exactly when to fit it in my actual trainig schedule...) <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Ancho:<br /><br />Congratulations! That's a huge improvement. Nice work!<br /><br />Cheers -- Mark

[old] Citroen

Training

Post by [old] Citroen » November 4th, 2005, 7:39 pm

Rowed 20' warm up<br />Rowed 30' unrestricted<br /> <br /><span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>New PB 7820m (+114m)</span></span><br /><br />Rowed 10' R20 cool down<br /><br />10 mins rest between each.

[old] mpukita

Training

Post by [old] mpukita » November 4th, 2005, 7:42 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Citroen+Nov 4 2005, 07:39 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Citroen @ Nov 4 2005, 07:39 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Rowed 20' warm up<br />Rowed 30' unrestricted<br /> <br /><span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>New PB 7820m (+114m)</span></span><br /><br />Rowed 10' R20 cool down<br /><br />10 mins rest between each. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Holy Christmas Dougie, is that not 4 PBs in ONE week? The Pete Plan is certainy paying off. Don't peak too early before BIRC.<br /><br /> <br /><br />Regards -- Mark

[old] hennmart

Training

Post by [old] hennmart » November 5th, 2005, 3:59 am

<!--QuoteBegin-ancho+Nov 5 2005, 12:49 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(ancho @ Nov 5 2005, 12:49 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->New PB for the 10k: <span style='color:red'><b>38:11,8</b></span> (from 38:44,5) <br />2k warmup, DF 120, 23 spm, and with a considerable negative split (starting as a "normal" workout at 1:58)<br />I feel specially happy, as I have been struggling with the erg for the last few months, and it is the first time since july tha I've felt "the flow" on the erg!<br />Probably has something to do with a new, "easier" technique we are testing on the water...<br />This makes me confident to go for the 60 min one of these days (don't know exactly when to fit it in my actual trainig schedule...) <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Great!! That's a lot of improvement Nacho <br /><br />Hennie<br /><br />Today a new PB for me on the 1k.: <span style='color:red'>3:15.8 (- 4 sec )</span><br /><br />