Congrats To Frankj

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] bmoore

e-row

Post by [old] bmoore » September 20th, 2005, 10:45 am

Frank,<br /><br />I'm interested in a fall racing series. Do you have any thoughts on starting this?<br /><br />I see most of the current sessions are good for GMT folks, but 3AM EDT is a bit harsh. (This weekend is my daughter's 4th birthday, so I'll have to skip the 6k at 11AM). I'm still looking for an individual race to participate in if the timing becomes convenient. Perhaps I'll figure out how to run a race and throw one up on the board and see who comes.<br /><br />Anyway, I'm looking forward to participating in whatever gets put together.<br /><br />I had a thought on the handicapping, which would subtract our HC from the final time, and assigning points for each place. That wouldn't be as fun at the finish, but it would allow for the ranking of times. You could also rotate people on each team, so there wouldn't be a team overall winner, but the individuals would get the points from each weekend based on their temporary team's performance.<br /><br />Regards,

[old] John Rupp

e-row

Post by [old] John Rupp » September 20th, 2005, 11:53 am

<!--QuoteBegin-PaulH+Sep 20 2005, 07:07 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(PaulH @ Sep 20 2005, 07:07 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->It's pretty clear that ranking times need to be rowed on a C2 machine, and yet you persist in rowing on a John Rupp machine (the machine is owned by you.  Therefore it is your machine).[right] </td></tr></table><br />Yes but it didn't automatically issue a "V", as did the program owned by Frank.<br /><br />The issue here is Frank's being able to generate a "V" for himself, with no witness.<br /><br />And other's not being able to obtain the "V", though with a witness, and on a legal machine.<br /><br />Frank rowed his time on slides, which gives up to a 6% or more advantage for heavyweights.

[old] John Rupp

e-row

Post by [old] John Rupp » September 20th, 2005, 11:57 am

Yvette apparently either supports Frank or else is afraid of him.<br /><br />I wonder, as he dared me to come to Boston for a "V" and tell him that to his face, if he dares her to ask him to take out the trash, to his face.<br /><br />And I wonder what that has to do with taking out the trash, getting a "V" in the rankings, or rowing on a legal erg.<br /><br />Anyway, as I said before, I enjoy my rowing... and don't need any special treatment to do it. It would be nice if everyone else could enjoy theirs too, and not have a need to try and take advantage of others, even in the rankings were really it is supposed to be fun and for us to enjoy and support each other with our rowing.

[old] PaulH

e-row

Post by [old] PaulH » September 20th, 2005, 12:05 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-John Rupp+Sep 20 2005, 10:53 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John Rupp @ Sep 20 2005, 10:53 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->And other's not being able to obtain the "V", though with a witness, and on a legal machine. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />But they aren't doing it on legal machines - you're certainly not, as you're using a John Rupp machine, not a C2 machine.<br /><br />Cheers, Paul

[old] bmoore

e-row

Post by [old] bmoore » September 20th, 2005, 12:37 pm

I removed my posting here. Please see my response on the John Rupp thread under training.

[old] Polaco

e-row

Post by [old] Polaco » September 20th, 2005, 2:23 pm

Hi friends!!<br /><br />First of all congrats to Frank !!!<br /><br />And then, pleeeaaaase do not reply John at this thread, bring to his one and only Ruppish thread!!!

[old] John Rupp

e-row

Post by [old] John Rupp » September 20th, 2005, 2:34 pm

Bill,<br /><br />You have things a bit mixed up and bass-ackwards.<br /><br />Earlier in this thread, Frank suggested I come to Boston to look him in the eye and accuse him of cheating, obviously threatening bodily harm to my observing his methods of getting his times in the rankings. It is certainly logical to wonder if he treats his wife the same way.<br /><br />In contrast, where have you seen me make any threats to Frank or anyone else?<br /><br />You haven't -- because I keep my comments primarily on the subject of rowing, and other things as pertain to rowing, training and improvements.<br /><br />Whether you, Frank, Yvette, or anyone else have anger issues then those are your own personal problems, and have nothing to do with me. If you wish to seek counseling then that would probably help but is your concern and not mine. I really have no comment about it as, again, my comments here are about rowing, and things that pertain to rowing.<br /><br />That is why I am here, to talk about rowing, training, and improvements, not to cheat or make threats as some of the others do.

[old] gw1

e-row

Post by [old] gw1 » September 20th, 2005, 3:20 pm

Firstly congrats Frank!<br /><br />If slides are permitted by C2 for other distances than 2000 WR, then it's not cheating to use them. I had a 500m WR time broken this year, if it had been broken with the use of slides so be it, it would have been within the rules.<br />As it is, it was just broken by someone bigger stronger and faster than me!! <br />I personally could not achieve any faster times for any pieces under 6000m using them, before PaulS puchased them.<br /><br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Why don't you come to the 2006 CRASH-Bs and we could row publicly together? You can also look me the eye when you accuse me of cheating. <br /><br />Frank </td></tr></table><br /><br />JR<br /><br />I can not see anything constructive coming from the continuation of this thread as a platform for your disagreement with the rules. This thread was started as a congratulatory expression for Frank and deteriated into a p***ing contest intiated by your distain for the rules set down by C2. <br />In all fairness to Frank why don't you accept his offer or let it go!<br /><br />Best<br />Gary<br /><br />

[old] John Rupp

e-row

Post by [old] John Rupp » September 20th, 2005, 3:59 pm

Gary,<br /><br />Frank's offer to come to Boston for a "V" or whatever is ridiculous.<br /><br />Every rower should be able to have the same "V" for their times as anyone else.<br /><br />Frank's offer to come to Boston for a "V" shows how hypocritical it is, for one person to get a "V" in private with no witness, and most others not being able to get the same "V" for their times, even with witnesses.<br /><br />No -- I do not agree with that.<br /><br />What is available for one or a few, should have the same availability to everyone else.

[old] John Rupp

e-row

Post by [old] John Rupp » September 20th, 2005, 4:15 pm

To be clear on this, I am glad C2 has arranged for the pm3 to output "V"'s in verification of performances.<br /><br />However, most rowers have model C's or B's and do not have access to the "V" capability from the monitor, although rowing times that are just as valid and even more verifiable, i.e. with a witness or witnesses.<br /><br />To include the vast majority of rowers in having the opportunity for a "V" in the rankings, it would be nice if C2 would recognize the validity of times that have been verified by a witness.

[old] DavidA

e-row

Post by [old] DavidA » September 20th, 2005, 5:22 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-John Rupp+Sep 19 2005, 06:11 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John Rupp @ Sep 19 2005, 06:11 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->The program is owned by Frank.  Therefore it is Frank's program.<br /><br />Frank inputed the information to the program.  As a result of Frank's input, his program generated the "V".  No one else generated the "V".  The "V" was not generated by C2.  The "V" was generated by Frank, on his program. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Yes, he input the information via his erg and PM2+ while it recorded his fantastic row.<br /><br />David<br />

[old] PaulS

e-row

Post by [old] PaulS » September 20th, 2005, 5:32 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-John Rupp+Sep 20 2005, 01:15 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John Rupp @ Sep 20 2005, 01:15 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->However, most rowers have model C's or B's and do not have access to the "V" capability from the monitor, although rowing times that are just as valid and even more verifiable, i.e. with a witness or witnesses. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Please be specific about which people have been banned from ownership of a PM3, and also how times rowed on other PM's are "just as valid and even more verifiable", when you have been claiming that my previous times (with witnesses) are somehow less than valid.<br /><br />Once again, you are making no sense at all...

[old] Exrook

e-row

Post by [old] Exrook » September 20th, 2005, 6:06 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-John Rupp+Sep 19 2005, 09:03 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John Rupp @ Sep 19 2005, 09:03 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Exrook+Sep 19 2005, 09:24 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Exrook @ Sep 19 2005, 09:24 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I guess it is safe to assume that you have removed the modifications you have made to your erg.  I don't recall seeing the post where you announced this, but as you are one of the more prolific posters on this forum that is not all that surprising.[right] </td></tr></table><br />Well I had unmodified the erg so the railing was flat but, shortly thereafter, undid the unmodifications.<br /><br />Thus my erg has been back to C2's factory made modications for quite awhile now.<br /><br />I had posted here on the forum when the unmodifications were undone. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I just read every post you have made since the exchange I quoted (Nov 10, 2004) - all 560+ of them. I found no mention by you of your removing the modifications to your erg. I am not surprised. <br /><br />Reading all your posts was an...interesting...experience. I suggest you check out this link:<br /><br /><a href='http://www.psychologynet.org/npd.html' target='_blank'>http://www.psychologynet.org/npd.html</a><br /><br />and seek professional help.<br /><br />

[old] John Rupp

e-row

Post by [old] John Rupp » September 20th, 2005, 6:27 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-DavidA+Sep 20 2005, 02:22 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(DavidA @ Sep 20 2005, 02:22 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Yes, he input the information via his erg and PM2+ while it recorded his fantastic row.<br /><br />David <br /> </td></tr></table><br />David,<br /><br />Apparently it was a pm3, as he was able to generate a "V" for himself for the fantastic row.<br /><br />

[old] John Rupp

e-row

Post by [old] John Rupp » September 20th, 2005, 6:29 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Exrook+Sep 20 2005, 03:06 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Exrook @ Sep 20 2005, 03:06 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I just read every post you have made since the exchange I quoted (Nov 10, 2004) - all 560+ of them.  I found no mention by you of your removing the modifications to your erg.  I am not surprised.  [right] </td></tr></table><br />You need to read them again then, as it's there.<br /><br />Surprise me, and let me know when you find it. <br />