Team Row Pain, Row Gain

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] artmom5

Weight Loss/ Weight Control

Post by [old] artmom5 » June 13th, 2005, 10:22 am

<!--QuoteBegin-izrbluer+Jun 8 2005, 05:32 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(izrbluer @ Jun 8 2005, 05:32 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='color:blue'>I submitted a picture to C2, but I haven't seen or heard anything yet. <br /><br />Kris</span></span><br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin-SpaCityBulldog+Jun 8 2005, 04:54 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(SpaCityBulldog @ Jun 8 2005, 04:54 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-NurseBobbi+Jun 8 2005, 02:59 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(NurseBobbi @ Jun 8 2005, 02:59 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><span style='color:green'>I notice only two of us have pictures posted. How about the rest of you e-mailing pics in? Hmm?</span> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I sent one ni several days ago but I haven't seen it postedyet.<br /><br />Welcome William!!<br /><br />An an atta-girl to Bobbi - I've noticed you're racking up some meters lately. <br /> </td></tr></table> <br />Maybe I'll send my wedding picture I looked a lot better 25 years ago!<br />Mary<br /> </td></tr></table><br />

[old] SpaCityBulldog

Post by [old] SpaCityBulldog » June 13th, 2005, 4:48 pm

That's quite a picture of you Scott . Just exactly where do you need to lose the weight?<br /><br />Kevin<br />

[old] amandacobb

Post by [old] amandacobb » June 13th, 2005, 5:32 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-SpaCityBulldog+Jun 13 2005, 01:48 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(SpaCityBulldog @ Jun 13 2005, 01:48 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->That's quite a picture of you Scott  .  Just exactly where do you need to lose the weight?<br /><br />Kevin <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Sheesh Kevin, don't you see. There's at LEAST .0000012% fat left. <br /><br />-A

[old] artmom5

Post by [old] artmom5 » June 14th, 2005, 4:13 pm

Let's row, we got bumped again from 12 to 13th. I may have to row more-that means daily. I have a fellow teammate chasing me and she is right next to me!<br />Way to push Robin!<br />Mary<br />IL

[old] NurseBobbi

Post by [old] NurseBobbi » June 14th, 2005, 4:36 pm

<span style='color:green'>Yep. I noticed we didn't stay in 12th place for long. I'd planned to do 6000 meters today and did 7088. I'm hoping that I get cancelled or put on call for work tomorrow so I can row more. My average is almost up to 4000 meters/day for the season. <br /><br />I'm currently rowing six days per week and I do 5K three times, 6K twice, and 10K once. I hope to work up to about an hour a day, five to six days per week. The 10K still takes me just over an hour.<br /><br />Those of us who are just starting out need to remember to work up slowly and not overdo it just because we could use more meters. We do the team more good by being consistent. If we overdo it, we won't have any meters at all while we recover! <br /><br />I see our newest member, Corgimom, is rowing a bit each day. Keep up the good work! </span>

[old] NurseBobbi

Post by [old] NurseBobbi » June 14th, 2005, 4:39 pm

<span style='color:green'>I am sooooo jealous! My sister is going to buy a new Model D. On the bright side, I'm already working on recruiting her for our team. </span>

[old] artmom5

Post by [old] artmom5 » June 14th, 2005, 4:56 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-NurseBobbi+Jun 14 2005, 04:36 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(NurseBobbi @ Jun 14 2005, 04:36 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><span style='color:green'>Yep. I noticed we didn't stay in 12th place for long.    I'd planned to do 6000 meters today and did 7088. I'm hoping that I get cancelled or put on call for work tomorrow so I can row more. My average is almost up to 4000 meters/day for the season. <br /><br />I'm currently rowing six days per week and I do 5K three times, 6K twice, and 10K once. I hope to work up to about an hour a day, five to six days per week. The 10K still takes me just over an hour.<br /><br />Those of us who are just starting out need to remember to work up slowly and not overdo it just because we could use more meters. We do the team more good by being consistent. If we overdo it, we won't have any meters at all while we recover!  <br /><br />I see our newest member, Corgimom, is rowing a bit each day. Keep up the good work! </span> <br /> </td></tr></table><br />You're so right Bobbi,<br />Just my excitement of joining a team versus the boring meters alone when I tried this a couple of years ago. I actually so wanted to row yesterday but held back because I knew my joints would ache, so I waited and got a PB today and it felt good and muscles were relaxed.<br />Thanks for the common sense!! <br />Mary <br />IL<br />

[old] NurseBobbi

Post by [old] NurseBobbi » June 14th, 2005, 6:03 pm

<span style='color:green'>Congrats on the PB, Mary! Yes, the team and the rankings are inspiring, but sometimes it's difficult not to push too hard because of them. I no longer have a problem getting on the erg and rowing; my problem is keeping myself from pushing every day for a new PB or more meters. Early on, I had trouble making myself take a day off. My latest tactic is to take my glasses off so I can't watch the PM3 too closely. Today I did "Just Row" rather than a set time or distance so that I couldn't push for a PB. It worked. I had a nice workout, kept my HR in training range, and was able to go farther than planned.</span>

[old] SpaCityBulldog

Post by [old] SpaCityBulldog » June 14th, 2005, 6:21 pm

<!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Those of us who are just starting out need to remember to work up slowly and not overdo it just because we could use more meters. We do the team more good by being consistent. If we overdo it, we won't have any meters at all while we recover! </td></tr></table><br /><br />Important advice to heed. Thx Bobbi.<br /><br /><br />

[old] RockinRobin

Post by [old] RockinRobin » June 14th, 2005, 10:53 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-SpaCityBulldog+Jun 13 2005, 03:48 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(SpaCityBulldog @ Jun 13 2005, 03:48 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->That's quite a picture of you Scott  .  Just exactly where do you need to lose the weight?<br /><br />Kevin <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />ROFL....I was chasing Mary's meters, but then I saw Scotts pic and thought now that is a good example for motivation! Maybe if I row those kind of meters, my BMI will get that good <br /><br />All in good fun!

[old] chipman

Post by [old] chipman » June 15th, 2005, 12:08 am

<!--QuoteBegin-artmom5+Jun 13 2005, 07:20 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(artmom5 @ Jun 13 2005, 07:20 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-chipman+Jun 12 2005, 08:43 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(chipman @ Jun 12 2005, 08:43 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-katbois+Jun 12 2005, 04:35 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(katbois @ Jun 12 2005, 04:35 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hey!<br /><br />Anyone up for the Summer Solstice Challenge? Do a half marathon on the longest day of the year, June 21!<br /><br />I'm game! <br /><br />This team is a real challenge to put in some meters every day! 'Course it helps when monsoon season hits (in S. Florida). Y'all pray the hurricanes steer clear this year! <br /><br />Go RPRG! We're adding up the meters!<br /><br />Mark <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I'm there!!. Everyone lets do it!! Just go slow and steady, put the old I-pod on shuffle turn on the SF Giants baseball game(that will piss you off so much, it'll make you row faster) Ok, forget about the Giants, they just might make you throw-up all over your self.<br /><br />Seriously though I did my first half-marathon last week and with the exception of my butt hurting a little, it was not that much harder than an hour row. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />chipman<br />Out of curiosity what is your pace and how long did it take you? Did you do it in one sitting?<br />Mary<br />TP, IL <br /><br /> </td></tr></table> <br /><br />Hi Mary, Yes I did it in one sitting. My time was 1: 44 which I think is about a 2;20 pace. Besides my butt being sore, I actually think I felt as strong at the end as I did at the beginning. If you attempt a hal-marathon take a minute or so break in the middle or just row very lightly for a minute or so. Drink some water and I'm sure you can do it. <br /><br />Steve

[old] Xeno

Post by [old] Xeno » June 15th, 2005, 12:54 am

Hi Row Pain Row Gain<br /><br />My name is Xeno Muller, I am 32 years old, weigh 250 pounds and 6 foot 3 inches tall. My racing weight is/was 220 to 225. My major achiements were gold and silver at the Olympics in the men's single scull.<br /><br />I wish you all a great row this year.<br /><br />Indoor rowing is the PERFECT exercise to loose weight and only VERY few people know about it.<br /><br />I spoke to several gastric bypass support groups, here in Orange County, and we have a few rowing with us now.<br /><br />I am lucky to be active and rowing a lot. My metabolism is ultra slow and what I eat I put around the waist. I love to eat and I eat when I am stressed. Does this sound familiar?<br /><br />250 pounds seems to be my "happy" status quo weight. I row roughly twenty thousand meters a day. <br /><br />I look forward to feel the pressure of your group the MORE THE BETTER in this case.<br /><br />All the best!<br />XENO MULLER<br />www.GOROW.com<br />9494007630<br /><br /><br /><br /> [attachmentid=42]

[old] amandacobb

Post by [old] amandacobb » June 15th, 2005, 1:17 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Xeno+Jun 14 2005, 09:54 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Xeno @ Jun 14 2005, 09:54 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi Row Pain Row Gain<br /><br />...here in Orange County, and we have a few rowing with us now.<br /> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Just thought I'd wave (WAVE!) since I'm in Orange County too. <br /><br />Hi. And welcome. Nice to have you.<br /><br />-A

[old] copywriter

Post by [old] copywriter » June 16th, 2005, 3:16 am

Having (fingers x'd) finally relegated the Arizonians to 13th place, it's time to look at our next target - the 11th placed team.<br /><br />Aaargh - it seems to be the Croatian junior olympic hopefuls club. Not many of them, but they're racking up serious kilometrage. <br /><br />Still we've WEIGHT of numbers on our side, so let's leave them rocking in our wake, smelling the burning blubber.<br /><br />C'mon the Chain Gang!!!

[old] NurseBobbi

Post by [old] NurseBobbi » June 16th, 2005, 6:12 am

<!--QuoteBegin-copywriter+Jun 16 2005, 03:16 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(copywriter @ Jun 16 2005, 03:16 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Having (fingers x'd) finally relegated the Arizonians to 13th place, it's time to look at our next target - the 11th placed team.<br /><br />Aaargh - it seems to be the Croatian junior olympic hopefuls club. Not many of them, but they're racking up serious kilometrage. <br /><br />Still we've WEIGHT of numbers on our side, so let's leave them rocking in our wake, smelling the burning blubber.<br /><br />C'mon the Chain Gang!!! <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><span style='color:green'>They'll never know what hit them! <br /><br />In addition to rowing like mad, I think we need to recruit more members. I'm working on my sister (who doesn't even have her erg yet, but plans to order one) and one of the docs I work with. I found out yesterday that he has a used Model B and logs his meters here. He only rows sporadically, but I told him that every meter counts and perhaps we'd inspire him to row more regularly.</span>