Just Ordered My Rower!

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Karen

Weight Loss/ Weight Control

Post by [old] Karen » January 30th, 2006, 12:30 am

Hello All.<br /><br />I am very excited...I just ordered a rowing machine, and expect to see it early to mid week.<br /><br />My dh wants me to ask about hooking the machine to a computer monitor. I remember using the rowing machine in college, and they had it hooked to a screen that had a little guy that you were racing against. The graphics were cute...he made faces and stuff. Can you do that with these? If so , what software/hookups do I need?<br /><br />Thanks.<br /><br />

[old] Xeno

Post by [old] Xeno » January 30th, 2006, 1:20 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Karen+Jan 29 2006, 09:30 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Karen @ Jan 29 2006, 09:30 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hello All.<br /><br />I am very excited...I just ordered a rowing machine, and expect to see it early to mid week.<br /><br />My dh wants me to ask about hooking the machine to a computer monitor.  I remember using the rowing machine in college, and they had it hooked to a screen that had a little guy that you were racing against.  The graphics were cute...he made faces and stuff.  Can you do that with these?  If so , what software/hookups do I need?<br /><br />Thanks. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Cool that you are getting back into rowing.<br />Concept2 has a software that you can download and there is www.digitalrowing.com. There is a ROWPRO group on the C2 world ranking. Of course, if I could recruit you to join IRON OARSMAN that would great.<br />All the very best,<br />XENO

[old] mpukita

Post by [old] mpukita » January 30th, 2006, 8:05 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Karen+Jan 30 2006, 12:30 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Karen @ Jan 30 2006, 12:30 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hello All.<br /><br />I am very excited...I just ordered a rowing machine, and expect to see it early to mid week.<br /><br />My dh wants me to ask about hooking the machine to a computer monitor.  I remember using the rowing machine in college, and they had it hooked to a screen that had a little guy that you were racing against.  The graphics were cute...he made faces and stuff.  Can you do that with these?  If so , what software/hookups do I need?<br /><br />Thanks. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Row Pro software is what you're looking for ... it is an awesome package, and is reasonably priced at under $100. See:<br /><br /><a href='http://www.digitalrowing.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.digitalrowing.com/</a><br /><br />It's great for both online (connected to the Internet), and offline use. A good training and motivation tool. Support is also very good for such a thinly used software product.

[old] Karen

Post by [old] Karen » February 1st, 2006, 11:08 pm

Thanks everybody!<br /><br />We got it today, and it did come with a free trial of the software mentioned. We'll definitely check it out!<br /><br />Thanks.<br /><br />

[old] dmhayden

Post by [old] dmhayden » February 2nd, 2006, 4:22 pm

Karen,<br /><br />You gotta love this sport. Where else can a new owner of the equipment post a question and get a reponse from an Olympic gold medalist within the hour?<br /><br />Xeno, you're the best!<br /><br />Dave<br />

[old] bjlesm

Post by [old] bjlesm » February 4th, 2006, 6:49 pm

Just wanted to introduce myself as well, just put together my C2 and rowed for the first time. Wow, am I in bad shape ) That will come with time as well as the pounds coming off. Going back to school has not been as good to my body as it has to my mind. All for now, hope to post my progress here in the near future. Bill

[old] cwazo

Post by [old] cwazo » February 16th, 2006, 1:46 pm

I just ordered mine - haven't even got it yet!!! So excited though..........

[old] Ben Rea

Post by [old] Ben Rea » February 16th, 2006, 4:07 pm

ya, the anticipation is sooo intense............... :wink:

[old] bergst01

Post by [old] bergst01 » March 2nd, 2006, 1:29 am

I tried a c2 out at the local YMCA last Friday and ordered one that night. I am expecting it in by this Friday and can hardly wait. Great web site and support. I cant wait to start logging some time.<br /><br />MB

[old] akit110

Post by [old] akit110 » March 2nd, 2006, 9:36 am

<!--quoteo(post=54495:date=Feb 2 2006, 03:22 PM:name=dmhayden)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(dmhayden @ Feb 2 2006, 03:22 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Karen,<br /><br />You gotta love this sport. Where else can a new owner of the equipment post a question and get a reponse from an Olympic gold medalist within the hour?<br /><br />Xeno, you're the best!<br /><br />Dave<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I always thought that was more of a reflection on Xeno rather than the sport itself.<br />Unless there are other Olympic gold medalists posting regularly on this forum of which I am unaware! :wink: