Week 4 Results

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] simon crawley

Weight Loss/ Weight Control

Post by [old] simon crawley » August 16th, 2005, 6:48 am

pretty much says it all, it's going a bit slower than i would like but i admit to 14 pints strongbow and a bag of chips last week even though it was within my points limit. exercising lots and definately fitter than 28 days ago. i lost 2.5 lbs this week and have taken up cycling as an extra activity to break the monotony of the rower.<br />

[old] R S T

Post by [old] R S T » August 16th, 2005, 7:31 am

<!--QuoteBegin-simon crawley+Aug 16 2005, 10:48 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(simon crawley @ Aug 16 2005, 10:48 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->pretty much says it all, it's going a bit slower than i would like but i admit to 14 pints strongbow and a bag of chips last week even though it was within my points limit. exercising lots and definately fitter than 28 days ago. i lost 2.5 lbs this week and have taken up cycling as an extra activity to break the monotony of the rower. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Simon<br /><br />Well done on the weightloss - 2 stone in 4 weeks is good going, of course be prepared for the loss to plateau in a few weeks.<br /><br />I agree that when trying to lose weight one should not deny themselves of luxuries every now and then. However, 14 pints in one week is an incredible amount of alchohol and calories while you are trying to lose weight. I would guess that you are sacrificing eating 'points' with alchohol ones. Regardless of you being within your points allowance, I would suggest that 14 pints of the cider is a bad idea.<br /><br />For you to maintain your weightloss (even if you make your target goal) you need to eat sensibly - fast forward to your ideal weight.......you will NOT be able to maintain 14 pints a week at that point without gaining weight (or having to exercise a lot more or amend eating habits)<br /><br />I am not suggesting you will turn alchoholic or anything, far from it (I used to be able to handle 14 pints over 2 nights at the weekend easy....which partly explains why I am overweight now). Just suggesting that the sooner you get your body into an ''eating, exercising and drinking sensibly'' routine, the easier it will be to maintain weightloss.<br /><br />By the way, are you drinking your 14 pints as 2 pints a night or 7 pints on a Fri and Sat? Not an expert but I would guess that your liver would handle 2 pints a night better than a weekend binge. <br /><br />I wanted my post to be mostly about congratulating you on your weight loss and I do not want to sound like preaching.....have your pints as rewards, but just think how much faster you can lose the weight if you drank even less. <br /><br />Best of luck, and keep us posted.<br />Cheers<br />RichardT<br /><br />P.S. A good friend of mine was once in a similar position to yourself - he cut down his alcohol significantly, dropped gulping down the pints, found his taste buds and opted for wine in moderate doses. He lost over 9 stone - took him over a year but he got there. What REALLY annoyed me though was that he did not take my advice and use the erg as well....

[old] simon crawley

Post by [old] simon crawley » August 16th, 2005, 4:00 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-R S T+Aug 16 2005, 07:31 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(R S T @ Aug 16 2005, 07:31 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-simon crawley+Aug 16 2005, 10:48 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(simon crawley @ Aug 16 2005, 10:48 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->pretty much says it all, it's going a bit slower than i would like but i admit to 14 pints strongbow and a bag of chips last week even though it was within my points limit. exercising lots and definately fitter than 28 days ago. i lost 2.5 lbs this week and have taken up cycling as an extra activity to break the monotony of the rower. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Simon<br /><br />Well done on the weightloss - 2 stone in 4 weeks is good going, of course be prepared for the loss to plateau in a few weeks.<br /><br />I agree that when trying to lose weight one should not deny themselves of luxuries every now and then. However, 14 pints in one week is an incredible amount of alchohol and calories while you are trying to lose weight. I would guess that you are sacrificing eating 'points' with alchohol ones. Regardless of you being within your points allowance, I would suggest that 14 pints of the cider is a bad idea.<br /><br />For you to maintain your weightloss (even if you make your target goal) you need to eat sensibly - fast forward to your ideal weight.......you will NOT be able to maintain 14 pints a week at that point without gaining weight (or having to exercise a lot more or amend eating habits)<br /><br />I am not suggesting you will turn alchoholic or anything, far from it (I used to be able to handle 14 pints over 2 nights at the weekend easy....which partly explains why I am overweight now). Just suggesting that the sooner you get your body into an ''eating, exercising and drinking sensibly'' routine, the easier it will be to maintain weightloss.<br /><br />By the way, are you drinking your 14 pints as 2 pints a night or 7 pints on a Fri and Sat? Not an expert but I would guess that your liver would handle 2 pints a night better than a weekend binge. <br /><br />I wanted my post to be mostly about congratulating you on your weight loss and I do not want to sound like preaching.....have your pints as rewards, but just think how much faster you can lose the weight if you drank even less. <br /><br />Best of luck, and keep us posted.<br />Cheers<br />RichardT<br /><br />P.S. A good friend of mine was once in a similar position to yourself - he cut down his alcohol significantly, dropped gulping down the pints, found his taste buds and opted for wine in moderate doses. He lost over 9 stone - took him over a year but he got there. What REALLY annoyed me though was that he did not take my advice and use the erg as well.... <br /> </td></tr></table><br />thanks for the reply, i normally only have 6/7 pints on a saturday night, but went out wednesday as well. i'm probably getting a few nights out before my gorgeous wife gives birth in the next week or so when it'll be nappies every night