Week 3 Results

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] simon crawley

Weight Loss/ Weight Control

Post by [old] simon crawley » August 9th, 2005, 7:15 am

well it's been 3 weeks and i lost 3lbs to bring my total to 25.5lbs during this time. i am slightly disappointed as i have exceeded 60k on the rower and 2 hours on my bike, i even had a small op which put me out of action for for 2 days. i have eat regularly and stayed well within my weight watchers points. <br />start 24 stone 8.5lbs<br />week 1 23 stone 4lbs<br />week 2 23 st 0 lbs<br />week 3 22 st 11 lbs<br /><br />am i doing too much exercise? any advice greatly appreciated<br /><br />thanks <br /><br />simon

LindaM

Post by LindaM » August 9th, 2005, 11:27 am

I know that weight watchers doesn't differentiate between types of calories. But where are you getting yours? Fruits, vegetables, whole grain and lean protein or sugary, fatty stuff? It does matter. If you are eating well, staying within your points, and exercising as you are, you will lose weight. It might take a little while to get beyond a set point. Have faith. Persistence is what is called for. You can't exercise too much for weight loss. The more you exercise, the more calories you burn. Stay with it. We're rooting for you!

[old] John Rupp

Post by [old] John Rupp » August 9th, 2005, 11:36 am

What are you disappointed about?<br />It appears you are doing quite well.<br /><br />You're not doing too much exercise. <br />You could go too hard, but not do too much.<br /><br />Eat small meals. <br />Make sure to drink plenty of water, before, during, and after you eat.<br /><br />

[old] R S T

Post by [old] R S T » August 9th, 2005, 12:56 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-simon crawley+Aug 9 2005, 11:15 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(simon crawley @ Aug 9 2005, 11:15 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> well it's been 3 weeks and i lost 3lbs to bring my total to 25.5lbs during this time. i am slightly disappointed as i have exceeded 60k on the rower and 2 hours on my bike, i even had a small op which put me out of action for for 2 days. i have eat regularly and stayed well within my weight watchers points. <br />start    24 stone 8.5lbs<br />week 1 23 stone 4lbs<br />week 2 23 st 0 lbs<br />week 3 22 st 11 lbs<br /><br />am i doing too much exercise? any advice greatly appreciated<br /><br />thanks <br /><br />simon <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Simon<br /><br />Do not despair - the body takes time to adapt to new regimes. You have already lost a lot of weight - do not expect significant drops in weight each week. Nice and slow 2 pounds a week average is best.<br /><br />Also, do remember that as you work out on the erg you are utilisiing muscles that you might not have used in a while. Therefore, you will gain muscle, which weighs more than fat. So, it is possible that your fat loss for any week can be offset to an extent by mucle gain. As you lose more and more weight you will actually notice achnage in your body composition from erging (bigger lats, stronger core, firmer legs etc.)<br /><br />Take the longer term view and realise that if you stick with the healthier eating and erging lifestlye you will get there healthily.<br /><br />Keep posting your progress and good luck.<br />Cheers<br />RichardT

[old] simon crawley

Post by [old] simon crawley » August 10th, 2005, 6:19 am

<!--QuoteBegin-R S T+Aug 9 2005, 12:56 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(R S T @ Aug 9 2005, 12:56 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-simon crawley+Aug 9 2005, 11:15 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(simon crawley @ Aug 9 2005, 11:15 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> well it's been 3 weeks and i lost 3lbs to bring my total to 25.5lbs during this time. i am slightly disappointed as i have exceeded 60k on the rower and 2 hours on my bike, i even had a small op which put me out of action for for 2 days. i have eat regularly and stayed well within my weight watchers points. <br />start     24 stone 8.5lbs<br />week 1 23 stone 4lbs<br />week 2 23 st 0 lbs<br />week 3 22 st 11 lbs<br /><br />am i doing too much exercise? any advice greatly appreciated<br /><br />thanks <br /><br />simon <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Simon<br /><br />Do not despair - the body takes time to adapt to new regimes. You have already lost a lot of weight - do not expect significant drops in weight each week. Nice and slow 2 pounds a week average is best.<br /><br />Also, do remember that as you work out on the erg you are utilisiing muscles that you might not have used in a while. Therefore, you will gain muscle, which weighs more than fat. So, it is possible that your fat loss for any week can be offset to an extent by mucle gain. As you lose more and more weight you will actually notice achnage in your body composition from erging (bigger lats, stronger core, firmer legs etc.)<br /><br />Take the longer term view and realise that if you stick with the healthier eating and erging lifestlye you will get there healthily.<br /><br />Keep posting your progress and good luck.<br />Cheers<br />RichardT <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />thanks everyone<br /><br />i have decided to mix up my training for a week and eat a little more<br /><br />