Logcard Reader Question.

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Ikabob

Product

Post by [old] Ikabob » January 12th, 2006, 11:23 pm

I workout at a gym and when I erg I use my logcard on the PM3s there. When I get home I have to go down in my workout room and go to the erg and upload my stats from the logcard. This is very inconvenient....so I ordered the logcard reader. By having this I thought I could use my office computer (with a chair,etc) which is nearby and read and upload my stats to my Concept11 log directly from the reader....sort of a substitute PM3 in a more convenient location. I am having trouble reading my log card off of the reader in the same way I read it off of the PM3. When I go to my Concept 2 Log and click on the "read logcard" nothing shows. This is not what I expected. What am I doing wrong? <b>Can you actually look at your logcard stats with the logcard reader and actually import from it into your Concept 2 Log or in my case also to my RowPro Log?</b> Thank you.

[old] haboustak

Product

Post by [old] haboustak » January 13th, 2006, 2:32 pm

From the <a href='http://www.concept2.com/05/rower/servic ... tility.asp' target='_blank'>Concept2 LogCard Utility</a> page:<br /><!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->At this time, the OmniKey card reader that Concept2 sells is compatible with PCs only. Mac users can use the Athena ASEDrive IIIe card reader available through <a href='http://www.athena-scs.com' target='_blank'>http://www.athena-scs.com</a>. <b>Additionally, the card readers are compatible only with Concept2's LogCard Utility and not RowPro or the Concept2 LogBook program.</b> </td></tr></table><br />As far as I know, this means there's no automatic way of getting the data to the online log, LogBook, or RowPro directly from the card.<br /><br />Mike

[old] Ikabob

Product

Post by [old] Ikabob » January 13th, 2006, 3:16 pm

Thank you very much. If this is still true, it does not serve the purpose for which I bought it. Maybe in the future they will accomodate this feature.....anyone know? Untill then, I will hang on to it. Thanks again!

[old] Godfried

Product

Post by [old] Godfried » January 13th, 2006, 5:53 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Ikabob+Jan 13 2006, 05:23 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Ikabob @ Jan 13 2006, 05:23 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->...so I ordered the logcard reader... </td></tr></table>Which logcard reader ?<br />

[old] Ikabob

Product

Post by [old] Ikabob » January 13th, 2006, 10:25 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Godfried+Jan 13 2006, 04:53 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Godfried @ Jan 13 2006, 04:53 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Ikabob+Jan 13 2006, 05:23 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Ikabob @ Jan 13 2006, 05:23 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->...so I ordered the logcard reader... </td></tr></table>Which logcard reader ? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Omnikey....from Concept 2....for 40 bucks. The only one I know of...are there others??? I think this one is the only one supported by C2. I did find out this from haboustak (above) : that RowPro and the Concept2 Logbook do not yet support the reader. They are working on it though and should be out in a few "weeks".<br /><br /> Weeks usually equals months. What do you think????

[old] Godfried

Product

Post by [old] Godfried » January 14th, 2006, 4:42 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Ikabob+Jan 14 2006, 04:25 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Ikabob @ Jan 14 2006, 04:25 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Weeks usually equals months.  What do you think????[right] </td></tr></table><br />When I plan my programming they won't let me get away with it if I finish the work weeks -> months. <br /><br />I am afraid you will have to wait for RowPro V2.<br /><br />Am I correct to understand that you <b>can</b> use the Concept2 LogCard Utility ?<br /><br /><br />BTW<br /><br />I think there are two ways to get the data of the logcard with a PM3 :<br />1 - read the logcard (image) , like the LogCard Utility does<br />2 - use the PM3 to read individual rows , like the PM3 does<br /><br />To me it looks like RowPro uses method 1 ; for this you need to<br />A - talk to the USB device that is the PM3<br />B - know the format of the data in the logcard<br /><br />If what I say is correct "all" DigitalRowing has to do is to solve point A : make RowPro talk to the Omnikey.<br /><br />To solve point B you have to <br />I - ask Concept2 ( I don't think they will tell you or me, but they did tell DigitalRowing )<br />II - reverse engineer it ( make a copy of the image , do a row , make a new copy and compare the data )<br /><br />

[old] Ikabob

Product

Post by [old] Ikabob » January 14th, 2006, 9:35 am

""Am I correct to understand that you can use the Concept2 LogCard Utility ?""<br /><br /><br />yes, I can use the C2Logcard Utility at my remote computer. I just want the read out to be as similar and concise as the PM3 monitor and the ability to upload to my RP log and/or the C2 log at a remote computer using the Logcard Reader. Yes...all they have to do is have RP or C2 talk to the Omnikey. I have no idea how difficult that is....I think that may (I hope) be a feature in V2. I just wish V2 was available now....as they had said it would be available in "a few weeks" about 2 months ago. Oh well...I have no complaints...RowPro and Concept 2 are GREAT! The programs are amazing to me and really are cool. Pete from RP is VERY responsive and obviously he is in it for the long term! I can wait...I just am eager to see V2. Anything else Godfried? Thanks for your responses. Ron

[old] BobD

Product

Post by [old] BobD » January 14th, 2006, 11:16 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Ikabob+Jan 14 2006, 08:35 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Ikabob @ Jan 14 2006, 08:35 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->""Am I correct to understand that you can use the Concept2 LogCard Utility ?""<br /><br /><br />yes, I can use the C2Logcard Utility at my remote computer. I just want the read out to be as similar and concise as the PM3 monitor and the ability to upload to my RP log and/or the C2 log at a remote computer using the Logcard Reader. Yes...all they have to do is have RP or C2 talk to the Omnikey. I have no idea how difficult that is....I think that may (I hope) be a feature in V2. I just wish V2 was available now....as they had said it would be available in "a few weeks" about 2 months ago. Oh well...I have no complaints...RowPro and Concept 2 are GREAT! The programs are amazing to me and really are cool. Pete from RP is VERY responsive and obviously he is in it for the long term! I can wait...I just am eager to see V2. Anything else Godfried? Thanks for your responses.    Ron <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I subscribe to the C2 UK Newsletter and they had a software writing contest; take a look at this guys :http://homepages.isunet.net/smichael/rowit/

[old] Godfried

Product

Post by [old] Godfried » January 14th, 2006, 4:04 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-BobD+Jan 14 2006, 05:16 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(BobD @ Jan 14 2006, 05:16 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I subscribe to the C2 UK Newsletter and they had a software writing contest;<br />take a look at this guys :http://homepages.isunet.net/smichael/rowit/  </td></tr></table><br />The contest was done by Concept2 US : <a href='http://www.concept2.com/05/reference/co ... LC-contest' target='_blank'>see this</a>

[old] Godfried

Product

Post by [old] Godfried » January 14th, 2006, 4:16 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Ikabob+Jan 14 2006, 03:35 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Ikabob @ Jan 14 2006, 03:35 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->...I just am eager to see V2...[right] </td></tr></table><br />More news : <a href='http://www.digitalrowing.com/forum/b.asp?m=5462' target='_blank'>see this</a>

[old] BobD

Product

Post by [old] BobD » January 15th, 2006, 3:01 am

<!--QuoteBegin-BobD+Jan 14 2006, 10:16 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(BobD @ Jan 14 2006, 10:16 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Ikabob+Jan 14 2006, 08:35 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Ikabob @ Jan 14 2006, 08:35 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->""Am I correct to understand that you can use the Concept2 LogCard Utility ?""<br /><br /><br />yes, I can use the C2Logcard Utility at my remote computer. I just want the read out to be as similar and concise as the PM3 monitor and the ability to upload to my RP log and/or the C2 log at a remote computer using the Logcard Reader. Yes...all they have to do is have RP or C2 talk to the Omnikey. I have no idea how difficult that is....I think that may (I hope) be a feature in V2. I just wish V2 was available now....as they had said it would be available in "a few weeks" about 2 months ago. Oh well...I have no complaints...RowPro and Concept 2 are GREAT! The programs are amazing to me and really are cool. Pete from RP is VERY responsive and obviously he is in it for the long term! I can wait...I just am eager to see V2. Anything else Godfried? Thanks for your responses.    Ron <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I subscribe to the C2 UK Newsletter and they had a software writing contest; take a look at this guys :http://homepages.isunet.net/smichael/rowit/ <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />So sorry I mis-read. Godfried is correct.

[old] c2scott

Product

Post by [old] c2scott » January 16th, 2006, 3:59 pm

Hey folks...<br /><br />I know DigitalRowing does plan to add OmniKey support to their product. I shipped them a few readers for development work and have released code to them to use it, but these things take time. Give DigitalRowing a few months. When they get it added to RowPro, it will be available in the Logbook program as well.<br /><br />I hope that Concept2 has been clear when we've sold the readers that they currently only work with PC, and currently only work with the LogCard Utility. If we were not clear or you are not satisfied with the external reader, feel free to contact Concept2 and we will offer you the opportunity to return it. <br /><br />-- Scott<br />

[old] Ikabob

Product

Post by [old] Ikabob » January 16th, 2006, 9:59 pm

I am very happy with the logcard reader. I will not use it much yet, but when it does become compatible with RP and the logbook program, I will have great use for it! I really think Concept 2 and RowPro have so much integrity that I was certain that eventually the reader would be more useful to everyone. It seems to be made well and $40 does seem to be a fair price. I hope RP can accomplish this soon. I was hopeful it would be ready in Version 2. Anyhow, THANK YOU! Concept2 and RowPro are GREAT products! I love my model C and the motivational programs C2 provides (logbook,teams, challenges, ranked workouts, the PM3, etc.) !