Retrofitting A Model C With A Pm3

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Thomas

Product

Post by [old] Thomas » October 28th, 2005, 5:24 am

Has anyone retrofitted their Model C with a PM3? If so, are you happy that you did or is it something you wish you had not done?

[old] John Hendrie

Product

Post by [old] John Hendrie » October 28th, 2005, 8:42 am

I did just that last week and am still sorting out how I feel about it. There is much to learn and it will take a while. I like the pace boat feature very much and expect to use it a lot. There were some features of the PM2 which are either missing from the PM3 or I haven't found them yet (e.g. split recall during intervals??) So far there are two negatives that I have identified - the instructions are lacking and the dispaly is more difficult to read in dim light.<br /><br />All that said, I am pleased that I made the investment and expect to learn more as time goes by<br /><br />john hendrie

[old] c2jonw

Product

Post by [old] c2jonw » October 28th, 2005, 8:57 am

John, Here's the manual, in case you hadn't found it.....http://www.concept2.com/05/rower/servic ... 703.pdf<br /><br />JonW

[old] bmoore

Product

Post by [old] bmoore » October 29th, 2005, 11:10 pm

I'm very happy with the upgrade. I took my log card with me when I travelled and used it to record my workouts in Arizona. I also am now using RowPro, so I needed to upgrade from the PM2.

[old] michaelb

Product

Post by [old] michaelb » October 29th, 2005, 11:31 pm

Like Bill I had a PM2, so I had to upgrade to hook up to a computer (I did the upgrade before rowpro was really up and running). I am happy with the PM3. But if you have a PM2+ and the possibility of hooking up a computer, I think the money is much better spent on rowpro. Rowing against downloaded rows is so superior to the pace boat function, there really is no comparison. I do like the force curve on the PM3 so I usually view that.

[old] Don Seymour

Product

Post by [old] Don Seymour » October 30th, 2005, 10:21 pm

I have a C and PM2. I'd like to get RowPro and get online. Would you recommend going to PM2+ or PM3? Can you still get a PM2+?<br /><br />Thanks, Don

[old] Roland Baltutis

Product

Post by [old] Roland Baltutis » November 6th, 2005, 2:57 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Don Seymour+Oct 30 2005, 09:21 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Don Seymour @ Oct 30 2005, 09:21 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I have a C and PM2. I'd like to get RowPro and get online. Would you recommend going to PM2+ or PM3? Can you still get a PM2+?<br /><br />Thanks,  Don <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I use a Model C with a PM2+ and use Rowpro all the time including internet racing. In practical terms there really is nothing that the PM3 can offer over a PM2+ with Rowpro set up. Reason is because your computer monitor becomes your main monitor and your erg monitor is there just to transfer the signal.<br /><br />It all depends on if you can still buy PM2+ monitors in your neck of the woods.<br /><br />I'm happy to keep my money in my pocket until the day the Model E comes out. I'm hoping that C2 change to a moving flywheel like the Rowperfect rowing machine. I'm an on water rower and like others believe fixed flywheel machines are just gym equipment where as moving flywheel machines such as Rowperfect can class themselves are true rowing simulators.<br /><br />If anyone ever gets the opportunity to spend 15 minutes on a moving flywheel Rowperfect machine. Then be able to get off and jump straight onto a C2 fixed flywheel erg. I guarantee they wouldn't spend much time on the C2 erg.<br /><br />Keep it smooth, keep it relaxed<br />Roland Baltutis

[old] chudwell

Product

Post by [old] chudwell » November 22nd, 2005, 12:43 am

I would like to buy a good used PM2 if you have one to sell.<br /><br />I now have a model B and a C, both have PM1's.<br /><br />Please contact me through my Profile if you have any leads. Thanks.<br /><br />