Pm2 Error Codes

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] gajbob

Product

Post by [old] gajbob » March 22nd, 2005, 7:23 am

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of error code 007 on my PM2 Monitor?<br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />Gary

[old] giniajim

Product

Post by [old] giniajim » March 29th, 2005, 11:57 pm

I recently got error code 240 -42; any idea what that means? (there's probably a PM-3 error code index on the web site somewhere

[old] C2Shawn

Product

Post by [old] C2Shawn » March 30th, 2005, 3:08 pm

Usually the 007 error means the PM2 has a problem more serious than the user can fix. You can try a new set of batteries and doing the four finger reset (Hold down the 4 bottom buttons (RECALL, 2 arrows, OK) While holding these, press and release the ON/OFF button). If this doesn't help, another monitor will be needed. Contact C2.

[old] C2Shawn

Product

Post by [old] C2Shawn » March 30th, 2005, 3:21 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-giniajim+Mar 29 2005, 10:57 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(giniajim @ Mar 29 2005, 10:57 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I recently got error code 240 -42; any idea what that means?  (there's probably a PM-3 error code index on the web site somewhere <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Here is my standard response...<br />The 240- error means the PM3 had trouble communicating with the LogCard.<br />This isn't usually a big deal unless it happens frequently. You should remove and insert your LogCard and it should be fine.<br />The results of the most recent workout may or may not be logged to the card. If it isn't, pull the card and check the memory of the PM3 monitor itself. They should be there. You can then transfer the results over to the card.<br /><br />Also, it would be a good idea to run your LogCard through our latest version of the LogCard Transfer Utility. The utility can be found on our web site <a href='http://www.concept2.com/05/rower/servic ... ftware.asp' target='_blank'>http://www.concept2.com/05/rower/servic ... are.asp</a> If the utility finds any problems with the card during the download process, it will fix them.<br /><br />Shawn<br />

[old] John Rupp

Product

Post by [old] John Rupp » May 12th, 2005, 2:06 pm

Regarding the pm2, are corroded contacts a cause of it going out?<br /><br />If so, would regular maintenance of the contacts prolong the life of the monitor.<br /><br />Also, sometimes the splits on my monitor go a second beyond the setting. For example, if I'm doing 2:00 splits, it might all of a sudden go to 2:01, 4:01, 6:01 etc. Is this a malfunction of the monitor? If so, is there anything that can be done to help remedy this.<br /><br />Thanks.

[old] C2Shawn

Product

Post by [old] C2Shawn » May 13th, 2005, 1:24 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-John Rupp+May 12 2005, 01:06 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John Rupp @ May 12 2005, 01:06 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Regarding the pm2, are corroded contacts a cause of it going out?<br /><br />If so, would regular maintenance of the contacts prolong the life of the monitor.<br /><br />Also, sometimes the splits on my monitor go a second beyond the setting.  For example, if I'm doing 2:00 splits, it might all of a sudden go to 2:01, 4:01, 6:01 etc.  Is this a malfunction of the monitor?  If so, is there anything that can be done to help remedy this.<br /><br />Thanks. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Corroded battery contacts could certainly be the cause of a monitor going out. Keeping the contacts clean will help, but usually the cause of the corrosion is the batteries themselves. Don't allow weak or dead batteries to stay in the monitor.<br /><br />I'm not familiar with the splits getting out of sync like you describe. I thought I'd seen everything, but I haven't ever seen or heard of this before. If it happens on a PM2, then I don't think there is anything you can do about it. If it's a PM3 I would love to know more.<br /><br />Shawn<br />

[old] John Rupp

Product

Post by [old] John Rupp » May 13th, 2005, 1:30 pm

Shawn,<br /><br />Thanks for your response.