Pm3 Beta Software

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] c2scott

Product

Post by [old] c2scott » May 28th, 2004, 3:23 pm

<b>Greetings from Concept2.</b><br> <br>There have been a number of issues discovered and corrected in the PM3 firmware. Concept2 is in the process of testing a release candidate (Version 81) which appears to fix most of the known items. There are no new features offered in this version. If you would like to beta-test, you may get a copy from Concept2's web site. By downloading and using it, Concept2 asks that you read and understand the terms and conditions on the download page. <br><br>Concept2 prefers feedback to be sent via email or via the "PM" (Personal Message) button below or post under this thread.<br><br>Please note that <b>RowPro</b> Version 1.6 <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>(and below)</span> is <b><u><span style='color:red'>not</span></u></b> compatible with this release. Please contact DigitalRowing for more information. There are also some reported issues with some older versions of the LogCard Transfer Utility, you may need to update to the newest version on Concept2's web site.<br> <br>To try the new software, please go to:<br><a href='http://www.concept2.com/products/pm3/betaupdate.asp' target='_blank'>http://www.concept2.com/products/pm3/be ... /a><br><br>-- Scott

[old] Gonz

Product

Post by [old] Gonz » May 29th, 2004, 1:26 am

PM3 error message: After a 500m tme trail the PM3 threw up this error message<br><br>240-42. Can someone please shed some light (the PM3's running version 61)<br>

[old] c2scott

Product

Post by [old] c2scott » May 29th, 2004, 8:32 am

Gonz:<br><br>Check out the "Known Issues" item #2. <br><a href='http://www.concept2.com/products/pm3/pm3issues.asp' target='_blank'>http://www.concept2.com/products/pm3/pm ... /a><br><br>-- Scott<br><br><br>

[old] c2scott

Product

Post by [old] c2scott » June 30th, 2004, 10:35 pm

Folks, 82 is no longer considered beta anymore. Units with 82 will start shipping from Concept2 very soon unless some significant bug is found in the next few days.<br><br>-- Scott<br>

[old] ehagberg

Product

Post by [old] ehagberg » July 1st, 2004, 4:26 am

This is now going to be the default? Isn't it still not compatibile w/ RowPro 1.6 (which is still the only RowPro version available today)?

[old] Cran

Product

Post by [old] Cran » July 1st, 2004, 6:07 am

Scott,<br><br>Will you be publishing the interface for the pm3?

[old] c2scott

Product

Post by [old] c2scott » July 2nd, 2004, 3:34 pm

As stated on our web site when you download Version 82, the PM3 Firmware Version 82 software is not compatible with RowPro version 1.6. You will have to stick with 61 or 67 until RowPro 1.7 comes out, or use 82 and not use RowPro. <br><br>Sorry.<br><br>-- Scott<br>

[old] c2scott

Product

Post by [old] c2scott » July 2nd, 2004, 3:36 pm

Re Software Developers kit -- see:<br><a href='http://concept2.ipbhost.com/index.php?c=4' target='_blank'>http://concept2.ipbhost.com/index.php?c=4</a>

[old] ehagberg

Product

Post by [old] ehagberg » July 2nd, 2004, 7:30 pm

I assume that versions 61 and 67 will be available for those who need it - ie anyone who gets a new Model D and wants to use RowPro until 1.7 is released, as their machine won't work w/ the firmware shipping anymore.

[old] c2scott

Product

Post by [old] c2scott » July 2nd, 2004, 8:44 pm

Yes, until RowPro 1.7 comes out, I will keep Ver 61 and 67 available.

[old] grams

Product

Post by [old] grams » July 9th, 2004, 12:56 pm

OK, where do I find the version # of my PM3 software? I just took delivery of a new D, and want to set up on of my my computers with the software. There doesn't seem to be a version number anywhere on the disk label, or in the computer display or in the little 'help' file. <br><br>I haven't hooked up the erg to the computer yet because I wanted to install the newest version before I start downloading data.<br><br>The C2 Rowing Log file s on the cd are dated 4/2003 and 12/2003. It did come with RowPro. <br><br>If this is the old version then is it compatible with RowPro? If I buy RowPro now will I have to purchase an upgrade if I install version 8.2?<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>grams

[old] c2scott

Product

Post by [old] c2scott » July 9th, 2004, 1:10 pm

Hi Grams:<br><br>If you just took delivery, it is most probably Rev 61. You don't need to hook to a PC to get the version #. Turn on the PM3 by pressing a button, then select "More Options", Utilities, Product ID. At the bottom it will say "Ver xx" where XX is the version # - either 61 or 82.<br><br>PM3 Ver 61 firmware is compatible with the RowPro 1.6 included on the CD.<br><br>PM3 Ver 82 firmware is NOT compatible with RowPro 1.6 included on the CD, however I highly recommend the update if you are not going to use RowPro.<br><br>RowPro 1.7 will be compatible with PM3 Ver 82. If you purchase RowPro 1.6, I believe that DigitalRowing will give you a free upgrade to 1.7 when it is available, but this is out of my control as it is DigitalRowing's product. I understand that Ver 1.7 should be available within the next 90 days (again, check with them). <br><br>You can downgrade from 82 to 61 anytime if you need to -- after downloading the file, it takes about 6-7 minutes to reprogram your PM3.<br><br>-- Scott<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

[old] grams

Product

Post by [old] grams » July 10th, 2004, 1:15 pm

Thanks Scott. I wasn't sure whether I would be able to go back to the previous PM3 version. I will play with all of my options and see how I like RowPro. <br><br>Grams

[old] Canoeist

Product

Post by [old] Canoeist » July 25th, 2004, 12:02 am

I was using RowPro 1.6 and a message came up that I should upgrade the software. Now I have version 82 installed and it doesn't work at all with RowPro 1.6. I read above that I should be using version 61 or 67. But, I can't find either of these on the Concept site. Concept only has version 82 available over the internet. Is there some way to allow us a choice in which version to download?<br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Paul Flack

[old] c2scott

Product

Post by [old] c2scott » July 25th, 2004, 9:04 pm

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> </td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I was using RowPro 1.6 and a message came up that I should upgrade the software. Now I have version 82 installed and it doesn't work at all with RowPro 1.6. I read above that I should be using version 61 or 67. But, I can't find either of these on the Concept site. Concept only has version 82 available over the internet. Is there some way to allow us a choice in which version to download?<!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br><br>Rev 61 is still on the web site, but not obvious.<br><br>Use this link until RowPro 1.7 comes out.<br><a href='http://www.concept2.com/products/pm3/setup061a.exe' target='_blank'>Rev 61 Firmware</a><br><br>-- Scott<br>