Model D

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] mtnbiker

Product

Post by [old] mtnbiker » October 30th, 2004, 2:35 pm

I have a model c erg with a pm3 monitor. give your take on a model D. Would it be worth updating?

[old] anomad

Product

Post by [old] anomad » October 30th, 2004, 2:50 pm

I had a Model B with an upgraded computer and stuff. Moving up to the Model D was night and day, a huge upgrade. I have used a Model C a lot at a fitness club and I don't feel it would be a huge upgrade, its is quieter and I like the new handle. It also comes in half easily, which could be a big deal depending on your needs. <br><br>I gave my Model B to a good home which was more valuable to me than selling it. But if you could sell your C to recover most of the cost of a D, or if you have buckets of extra cash....

[old] michaelb

Product

Post by [old] michaelb » October 30th, 2004, 3:08 pm

I have a C upgraded with a PM3 and the D handle. Since you have the PM3 already, honestly I don't think it is worth upgrading to the D, unless the reduced noise is really important to you. Otherwise, the functioning is essentially the same, so what are you really getting with the upgrade? Obviously you can sell your C for a good amount, but that won't recoup the cost of upgrading to the PM3 and you will still have to sell out a couple hundred more.<br><br>If you are looking to spend some money, and upgrade your rowing experience, I would look at getting a rowing computer and rowpro, over switching from a C to a D.<br><br><a href='http://www.digitalrowing.com/default.aspx?ItemId=7' target='_blank'>Rowpro</a>