Lactate Acid Burn..

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] P10Mike

Training

Post by [old] P10Mike » February 6th, 2006, 11:44 pm

i recently just competed in the Atlantic Indoor Rowing Champ. this past weekend and i blew my piece due to a burn in my left leg..it was almost as if I was pushing harder with my left leg..the weird thing is is taht my right leg is my dominant leg.. anyway, it does not feel like i am applying any pressure more to one side.. so its hard to figure what it is and how to fix it.. has anyone else had the same problem ? <br />thanks

[old] Xeno

Training

Post by [old] Xeno » February 6th, 2006, 11:51 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-P10Mike+Feb 6 2006, 08:44 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(P10Mike @ Feb 6 2006, 08:44 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->i recently just competed in the Atlantic Indoor Rowing Champ. this past weekend and i blew my piece due to a burn in my left leg..it was almost as if I was pushing harder with my left leg..the weird thing is is taht my right leg is my dominant leg.. anyway, it does not feel like i am applying any pressure more to one side.. so its hard to figure what it is and how to fix it.. has anyone else had the same problem ? <br />thanks <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Hi<br />If you use the slide by concept2 you can row one leg at a time while one rests on the floor. <br />You can do it without the slide but it becomes not as smooth of an exercise.<br />You will notice whether you are pushing more with one leg than the other.<br />I hope this helps.<br />XENO

[old] P10Mike

Training

Post by [old] P10Mike » February 6th, 2006, 11:57 pm

<br />Hi<br />If you use the slide by concept2 you can row one leg at a time while one rests on the floor. <br />You can do it without the slide but it becomes not as smooth of an exercise.<br />You will notice whether you are pushing more with one leg than the other.<br />I hope this helps.<br />XENO <br />[/quote]<br /><br />thanks xeno , now the only problem is...i am 17 years old and i dont have the $$$ for the c2 slides... towards the end of my race is was like..a dead block

[old] hjs

Training

Post by [old] hjs » February 7th, 2006, 9:52 am

<!--QuoteBegin-P10Mike+Feb 7 2006, 04:44 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(P10Mike @ Feb 7 2006, 04:44 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->i recently just competed in the Atlantic Indoor Rowing Champ. this past weekend and i blew my piece due to a burn in my left leg..it was almost as if I was pushing harder with my left leg..the weird thing is is taht my right leg is my dominant leg.. anyway, it does not feel like i am applying any pressure more to one side.. so its hard to figure what it is and how to fix it.. has anyone else had the same problem ? <br />thanks <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />I haven't had it myself but have hurt of it before. A possible cause can be, I don't say it is, a vein in your leg isn't working wright anymore, it can be bend so the bloodflow isn't quit 100 % anymore. Have you had it before? If so then I would advice to see a docter. Hope it aint it

[old] John Rupp

Training

Post by [old] John Rupp » February 7th, 2006, 12:35 pm

How far along were you in the race when this happened?<br /><br />You don't need slides to practice one leg at a time.<br /><br />There are no slides in the races.

[old] lintonwilson

Training

Post by [old] lintonwilson » February 7th, 2006, 2:15 pm

[quote=P10Mike,Feb 6 2006, 10:57 PM]<br />Hi<br />If you use the slide by concept2 you can row one leg at a time while one rests on the floor. <br />You can do it without the slide but it becomes not as smooth of an exercise.<br />You will notice whether you are pushing more with one leg than the other.<br />I hope this helps.<br />XENO <br />[/quote]<br /><br />thanks xeno , now the only problem is...i am 17 years old and i dont have the $$$ for the c2 slides... towards the end of my race is was like..a dead block <br />[/quote]<br /><br /><br />try using a skateboard for your idle foot!

[old] PaulS

Training

Post by [old] PaulS » February 7th, 2006, 3:22 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-P10Mike+Feb 6 2006, 07:44 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(P10Mike @ Feb 6 2006, 07:44 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->i recently just competed in the Atlantic Indoor Rowing Champ. this past weekend and i blew my piece due to a burn in my left leg..it was almost as if I was pushing harder with my left leg..the weird thing is is taht my right leg is my dominant leg.. anyway, it does not feel like i am applying any pressure more to one side.. so its hard to figure what it is and how to fix it.. has anyone else had the same problem ? <br />thanks <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />A couple good suggestions have been made, you could also have a leg length difference. If you are right handed, most assume the right leg is dominant, but generally the opposite is true since you spend more time balancing on your left leg (exercising it).<br /><br />Using the legs together to produce near the total power of the sum of each leg individually is a stand out characteristic in rowers and volleyball players, many other athletes reach only about 80% of that capacity.<br /><br />Reaching the point of muscle failure during a 2k is not unusual, but you should recover from that within a few minutes after the race is over, at least being able to walk normally. Try pacing the next one a bit more conservatively, even 1 second in pace may keep you from the same problem.

[old] P10Mike

Training

Post by [old] P10Mike » February 7th, 2006, 8:28 pm

well thanks for all your advice. i saw a athletic therapist today..and it turns out that i havea a rotated hip...( caused my lack of stretching and muscles being way to tight, also some one from flat feet ) <br />so i need to stretch!!!