Error In The Trainingprogram Of Concept2?

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] jfo

Training

Post by [old] jfo » December 9th, 2005, 12:30 pm

I got a trainingprogram from here:<br /><a href='http://www.concept2.co.uk/birc/training.php' target='_blank'>http://www.concept2.co.uk/birc/training.php</a><br /><br />It looks fine with descriptions and everything but I think there is an error. If not then i might have misunderstood it. What do you think?<br /><br />Page 2 in top of the table it says that SPM is <br />20-22 for UT2<br />22-24 for UT1 etc.<br /><br />But on page 3 it says<br />18-20 for UT2<br />20-24 for Ut1 etc.<br /><br />

[old] Ray79

Training

Post by [old] Ray79 » December 9th, 2005, 12:38 pm

My belief is that they are guidelines rather than an exact science. They are generalisations probably on research that has been done in the past. And everyones will probably be different. I think the descriptions about the way you feel during the workout are a good guideline to find your own level.

[old] MarcusLL

Training

Post by [old] MarcusLL » December 9th, 2005, 12:50 pm

He he - I've always liked the last sentence in the description of how you should feel during UT1:<br /><br />'May sweat.'

[old] jfo

Training

Post by [old] jfo » December 9th, 2005, 2:23 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-MarcusLL+Dec 9 2005, 06:50 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(MarcusLL @ Dec 9 2005, 06:50 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->He he - I've always liked the last sentence in the description of how you should feel during UT1:<br /><br />'May sweat.' <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Yeah I agree on that one.<br /><br />But seriously...the important thing in this is to stick to your hartrate during these sessions right? I mean if I row at the speed, pace and strokes/minute as mentioned in the level 3 athlete my hart rate will be much higher then it should.<br /><br />That must be because my shape is not good enough yet. So I should go at a lower pace or speed to make sure the hartrate is as specified in the program.<br /><br />Do you agree?