welcome

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] concept2

Forum use, comments and suggestions

Post by [old] concept2 » May 19th, 2004, 2:11 pm

i've just turned on the new forum site - and have started to flesh out the forum. please poste questions etc here.<br><br>cheers<br>-bp

[old] c2bill

Post by [old] c2bill » May 20th, 2004, 9:57 am

Paul - thanks for all your help - i'm looking forward to seeing where this new forum takes us all... Now that we have a more 'topical' forum, i'm considering putting the link to the forum in a more publically accessible location - ie directly from www.concept2.com<br><br>stay tuned!<br><br>-bp

[old] Bayko

Post by [old] Bayko » May 20th, 2004, 10:29 am

Hi. Nothing productive to add at this time. Just "HI." <br><br>Rick

[old] seat5

Post by [old] seat5 » May 20th, 2004, 10:44 am

Hi Paul,<br><br>Will this new format prevent people from posting under psuedynoms? I hope so!<br><br>The only drawback I see to this format is that people are most likely to look at the posts under topics they are interested in learning about, so posts asking questions about topics like machine maintenance, etc., may end up languishing un-answered. With the old format, you automatically saw every new post and would be more apt to respond to something if you had answers, even if the topic wasn't high on your list of interests.<br><br><br>Thanks for setting it up! It's cool!<br><br>Carla

[old] PaulH

Post by [old] PaulH » May 20th, 2004, 11:09 am

Carla,<br><br>It won't stop people posting under any name they want, but it will give us more facilities to work out who the people with multiple IDs are, and if Bill chooses we can take steps (But Bill is very keen to do as little intervention as possible to avoid putting a damper on free conversation).<br><br>The other point you make is an excellent one. If you go to <a href='http://concept2.ipbhost.com/index.php?act=home' target='_blank'>the Portal page</a> you'll be able to see a list of the most recent posts from all topics. I'm not sure it's working 100% yet, and we're still working on putting a link to it on the main page, but once that's sorted out I'd expect most people to use it as their default page. It's not exactly the same as the old format, but it does much the same job.<br><br>Cheers, Paul

[old] PaulS

Post by [old] PaulS » May 20th, 2004, 11:26 am

Yikes, If I liked the UK forum format, I'd visit there more often! <br><br>- Paul Smith

[old] Cran

Post by [old] Cran » May 20th, 2004, 11:38 am

<br><br>yAy it's got smiley face things!!!

[old] Steve G

Post by [old] Steve G » May 20th, 2004, 12:05 pm

Hi All<br>Thought I would look in and get my log in name before somebody else <br>Will reserve judgement if I like it better or not, I did prefer the US to the UK Format, but always open to change !! How abowt a spell chequer pleez <br>Cheers<br><br>Steve

[old] PaulH

Post by [old] PaulH » May 20th, 2004, 12:18 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-PaulS+May 20 2004, 10:26 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> (PaulS @ May 20 2004, 10:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Yikes, If I liked the UK forum format, I'd visit there more often! <br><br>- Paul Smith <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br>Paul,<br><br>We're still working out the 'best' way to do things, but if you go to <a href='http://concept2.ipbhost.com/index.php?a ... =getactive' target='_blank'>this</a> page you can get pretty similar information to the old format (you can also click the 'Today's Active Post' link from the main page). All the active posts for the time period you select will show up there, together with a little blue icon next to them if there is a response you haven't yet read.<br><br>Cheers, Paul

[old] timbyrd

Post by [old] timbyrd » May 20th, 2004, 1:20 pm

Will the archive of the old forum be available for searching?<br><br>-- Tim

[old] Sir Pirate

Post by [old] Sir Pirate » May 20th, 2004, 2:23 pm

Hey, this is a lot better than the old one IMO <br><br>Sir Pirate

[old] CAROLE MAC

Post by [old] CAROLE MAC » May 20th, 2004, 2:39 pm

Ahhhh so much like our Brit site.... and so much more friendlier \0/ waves at everyone .......

[old] Rogus

Post by [old] Rogus » May 20th, 2004, 3:13 pm

Is this a test forum until the "real" one is switched on? If so, will everything we do here like register or set up a signature transfer to the real forum?

[old] Janice

Post by [old] Janice » May 20th, 2004, 3:16 pm

I think this is pretty cool, perhaps the romance can spread over here too J/K

[old] PaulH

Post by [old] PaulH » May 20th, 2004, 3:37 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Rogus+May 20 2004, 02:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> (Rogus @ May 20 2004, 02:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Is this a test forum until the "real" one is switched on? If so, will everything we do here like register or set up a signature transfer to the real forum? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br> Don't worry, this is the real site! We're still learning some of the admin side of the forum, so we don't guarantee we won't delete you, but it's very unlikely!