Packed Gym!

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] gisborne

Training

Post by [old] gisborne » December 4th, 2004, 4:27 pm

Rowing is hard and ridiculously hard if you do it on damper 10. I can get on the exercise bike or stairmaster etc. for over an hour easily but it's a different story on the rowing machine. I remember back in college I used to row on 10, with proper technique, and 30 minutes would kill me and give me a headache for the rest of the day I was so exhausted. It's not just the physical aspect but rowing requires some amount of mental concentration in order to maintain proper form. On a bike or stairmaster or treadmill you can zone out and let your legs do the work.

[old] remador

Training

Post by [old] remador » December 4th, 2004, 5:42 pm

Well seen, mate!<br><br>While when you're working out on any kind of machine but an ergometer, think about whatever you want, and your body will do the rest. On a CII, sometimes you cannot even think about what's going on around!

[old] jus gray

Training

Post by [old] jus gray » December 4th, 2004, 5:59 pm

Thanks for your replies everyone.<br><br>I`m glad I`m not the only one who has noticed this in gyms, as it does make you feel as though your the odd one out when your the only one on the rower and the gym is packed.<br><br>I`m a rowing fan now so it does not matter what anyone thinks as I know I`m doing the right exercise for a proper workout.

[old] DIESEL

Training

Post by [old] DIESEL » December 4th, 2004, 11:16 pm

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> </td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Rowing is hard and ridiculously hard if you do it on damper 10.<!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br><br>I think it's exactly the opposite. Low drag rowing (under 110 DF ) is much harder than high drag (try keeping the splits at spm at Drag 10 and Drag 2)... or at least I think it is...