Fowl Play

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] woolsmith

First Virtual Team Challenge

Post by [old] woolsmith » January 9th, 2006, 11:58 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-tjod+Jan 9 2006, 09:22 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(tjod @ Jan 9 2006, 09:22 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-woolsmith+Jan 9 2006, 05:16 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(woolsmith @ Jan 9 2006, 05:16 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br />Yeah, the hubba wants ME to wear a helmet--and HE was the one who fell off a two-foot stepladder, broke his arm in 4 places, broke his heel, and was off work for 6 months!    My accidents were due to youthful stupidity and the usual mistaken belief of youth that I was immortal.  He's just a klutz!  I *do* have training wheels on my erg, however...jes' kidding!  <br /><br />--Jen in WI <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Ya gotta to learn how to fall before ya learn to fly. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hee!Hee! Yup, that, or just wrap me up in bubblewrap before sending me out the door!

[old] LandLocked

Post by [old] LandLocked » January 10th, 2006, 1:41 am

You guys are quacking me up!<br /><br />I’ve been following the weight loss plan/booklet on the UK site since xmas with good regularity. Then Thursday AM I woke up with a wicked Charlie horse. I’ve tried rowing the day after a Charlie horse night and it went badly so I skipped Thursday’s workout. Then Fri & Sat were overbooked lost causes. I had planed on rowing Thur for that reason. Sunday I worked an extra shift to cover a co-worker and since I woke up w/ a migraine didn’t get any rowing done then either.<br /><br />Today I was getting my act together before work, I’m running a little late. There isn’t enough time to do the workout scheduled in the plan, but I got on the rower anyway and got a shorter workout in. I was thinking I *had* to get some meters in for the challenge (and my expanding middle). <br />

[old] MomofJBN

Post by [old] MomofJBN » January 10th, 2006, 12:44 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-woolsmith+Jan 9 2006, 05:33 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(woolsmith @ Jan 9 2006, 05:33 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->And I like rowing better than housework, anyway.  </td></tr></table><br /><br />Count me in, too. My house is about to get messier, too, because I signed up for a course (ASL) since I have nothing else to do with 3 boys in the house. <br /><br />Now a quick trip to the supermarket, and then I have an appt w/my erg.<br /><br />Schenley<br />

[old] Tyn

Post by [old] Tyn » January 10th, 2006, 12:50 pm

Did the Supermarketthing!<br />Then the HM S10mps!<br /><br />Go Team!<br /><br />Tyn

[old] MomofJBN

Post by [old] MomofJBN » January 10th, 2006, 2:09 pm

Hmm Did the supermarket thing, got home and found my husband on the erg... and my littlest son who had thrown up at school.<br /><br />But I'm not going to have lunch until I get on that erg.<br /><br />Schenley

[old] efg

Post by [old] efg » January 10th, 2006, 2:33 pm

Hello Ducks and other Fowl Players,<br /><br />Hopefully I'm really back now...after posting on the forum that I intended to row 2 days ago, I did row (it always works), but yesterday I was achy and feverish and could barely stand, so I crawled into bed. I'm feeling better this morning, so hopefully that's the end of it. My son was similarly ill a few days ago - so he must have passed it on to me. Qwacky, you are zooming towards 300 K! Awesome! I'm hoping to get to 200 K in the next couple of days. I still feel kind of washed out, so I'm not going to push myself too much today, but I will try to get in at least one session on the rower.<br /><br />Row! Row! Row!<br /><br />Emilia

[old] QWACKY

Post by [old] QWACKY » January 10th, 2006, 3:23 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-efg+Jan 10 2006, 02:33 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(efg @ Jan 10 2006, 02:33 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hello Ducks and other Fowl Players,<br /><br />Hopefully I'm really back now...after posting on the forum that I intended to row 2 days ago, I did row (it always works), but yesterday I was achy and feverish and could barely stand, so I crawled into bed.  I'm feeling better this morning, so hopefully that's the end of it.  My son was similarly ill a few days ago -  so he must have passed it on to me.  Qwacky, you are zooming towards 300 K!  Awesome!  I'm hoping to get to 200 K in the next couple of days.  I still feel kind of washed out, so I'm not going to push myself too much today, but  I will try to get in at least one session on the rower.<br /><br />Row!  Row!  Row!<br /><br />Emilia <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br /><br />Hi there Emilia!!<br />Hope you are feeling much better.You can't row when you don't feel well.It is counterproductive and not worth it.You are our captain and we need you..so just take care and we will do the rowing.Afterall it IS for the team..GO TEAM!!!<br />And take care Emilia!!<br />I will row an extra few today for ya..I might need your help before all this month is over..LOL...<br /><br />Pat<br />

[old] woolsmith

Post by [old] woolsmith » January 10th, 2006, 10:28 pm

Hey Emilia!<br /><br />Yuppers, take it easy, girl! You've done plenty enough to deserve a tad bit of a break. Instead of rowing, use your energy to heal for now. Qwacky's right--teams have a way of making up for another member who's on the D.L. <br /><br />I'll try to do another 12k tomorrow to help pick up some extra meters. I'm so impressed with how many Fowl Players are really cranking the meters for the JVTC! Way to go, all of ya's! <br /><br />Every row counts, big or small. And remember, <i>it's better than housework</i>! Right Schenley, Landlocked and Tyn?? <br /><br />And for you Emilia, our fearless, feathered captain, I'll pledge to do my best and try to do those extra five minute add-ons! I get to what I think is the end of a workout and say, "What the heck, I can go for another 5 minutes." Those add up, too.<br /><br />So snuggle in, sip some fluids, and take a peaceful nap, Emilia. You've earned it! I hope you feel better soon. I hate being sick!<br /><br />GO FOWL PLAY!!<br /><br />--Jen in WI

[old] LittleBit

Post by [old] LittleBit » January 11th, 2006, 12:07 pm

Hi all fellow Fowl Play members!<br />The "lurking" Little Bit finally had to add her 2 cents in today! I have a friend that says "dust after 5 years gets no worse"!! Don't know that I want to prove her theory. but I believe it! Somehow housework always comes behind a lot of other things such as rowing, motorcycle riding, sewing and quilting, as well as quality time with the Dearly Beloved. <br /><br />And after a slight misunderstanding with my Harley on 9-15-2004, I will not ride without a helmet - I got a slightly seperated shoulder & a mean case of sidewalk rash out of the deal, but no head injury as I did have my helmet on. Had to get a new helmet after the fall, as I cracked that one pretty good. I'm not so sure I need one for my erg though! <br /><br />I've been sticking pretty close to my goals for the January Weight Loss Challendge, and JVTC too. The day after I row I reward myself by reading the Forum - might not seem like much, but January is so busy here at work I rarely take any time for myself the whole month! <br /><br />So row on Quackers!! <br /><br />Catherine

[old] mimitap

Post by [old] mimitap » January 11th, 2006, 12:11 pm

We now have a mini challenge going on in my house between my daughter and me thanks to the JVTC. I try to get to the YMCA each lunch hour and do 25 minutes. That usually puts me ahead of her until she gets on at home in the evening. Well yesterday at lunch she went to the Y by her high school. Why? Because she wanted to get ahead of me! <br /><br />We are having great fun with this. I am amazed how motivating this challenge is, working with people I don't even know (but you do exist, don't you?) Look at all the metres we have racked up in only 11 days!<br /><br />Yeah team! <br /><br />Marie

[old] QWACKY

Post by [old] QWACKY » January 11th, 2006, 5:27 pm

GO TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br />GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br /><br /> <br /><br />Pat M

[old] woolsmith

Post by [old] woolsmith » January 11th, 2006, 5:59 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mimitap+Jan 11 2006, 12:11 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mimitap @ Jan 11 2006, 12:11 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->We now have a mini challenge going on in my house between my daughter and me thanks to the JVTC. I try to get to the YMCA each lunch hour and do 25 minutes. That usually puts me ahead of her until she gets on at home in the evening. Well yesterday at lunch she went to the Y by her high school. Why? Because she wanted to get ahead of me!  <br /><br />We are having great fun with this. I am amazed how motivating this challenge is, working with people I don't even know (but you do exist, don't you?) Look at all the metres we have racked up in only 11 days!<br /><br />Yeah team!  <br /><br />Marie <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hey Marie!<br /><br />Isn't great how folks can work together for something positive and have fun while they're doing it? <br /><br />But it seems a tad weird doesn't it? When I try to explain to some folks at work about C2 rowing, this website and forum, I get one of those "What planet are you from, really?" looks. I've never seen any of ya's in real life, but I feel like I know everyone, and I like y'all! <br /><br />And we're doing a chunk of WORK with all this rowing, but it doesn't feel that way. The really best part, is everyone's a winner. <br /><br />GO DUCKS! GO FOWL PLAY!<br /><br />--Jen in WI

[old] Tyn

Post by [old] Tyn » January 13th, 2006, 5:51 am

Hi Ducks!<br /><br />Should we row today??<br />Look at the date, <br />Think about what can happen........<br /><br />What do you Think?<br /><br />To row or not to row??<br /><br />It's 11.00 am over here and nothing bad has happend..... Yet!!<br /><br />Go Team!!<br /><br /><br />Tyn

[old] holladay

Post by [old] holladay » January 13th, 2006, 11:01 am

I say ROW. People who have Paraskavedekatriaphobia should wear helmets, elbow pads, etc.<br /><br />On the other hand some have a three day weekend! So Sat & Sun & Mon we can really rack up the meters and take the day off on Friday if needed.<br /><br />Susan

[old] Tyn

Post by [old] Tyn » January 13th, 2006, 12:12 pm

Hi Susan,<br /><br />I've rowed!!<br />went well!!<br /><br />No damage Here!<br /><br />So I say:<br /><br />ROW!<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />BUT!<br /><br />.... Be Carefull!!!<br /><br />Tyn