Join Taff Attack

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Tulky

General

Post by [old] Tulky » February 7th, 2006, 3:39 pm

Hi all<br /><br />just wanted to introduce myself and ask if there was any room for another member of the Taff Attack crew?<br /><br />I 'qualify' by way of a Cardiff mum and dad and a peverse desire to get hold of a Taff Attack all-in-one suit.<br /><br />cheers<br /><br />Paul Tulk<br />Lightwater Surrey UK

[old] Bore Da!

General

Post by [old] Bore Da! » February 7th, 2006, 3:41 pm

No Problem, Dude.<br />Stick Taff Attack in your log book and ROW ON

[old] Tulky

General

Post by [old] Tulky » February 7th, 2006, 3:52 pm

Excellent mate <br /><br />tops off a good day.<br /><br />I just pb'd for 60mins with 15,081m (previous 14725 in Nov '05)<br /><br />Well chuffed with that thanks<br /><br />paul

[old] dadams

General

Post by [old] dadams » February 7th, 2006, 3:56 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Tulky+Feb 7 2006, 02:52 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Tulky @ Feb 7 2006, 02:52 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Excellent mate <br /><br />tops off a good day.<br /><br />I just pb'd for 60mins with 15,081m (previous 14725 in Nov '05)<br /><br />Well chuffed with that thanks<br /><br />paul <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />You may also want to be aware of the Concept 2 cross-team challenge (CTC). This months current challenge is a 300m piece. We could always use another team member.<br /><br />Speedy

[old] Tulky

General

Post by [old] Tulky » February 7th, 2006, 4:05 pm

Whatever I can do for the cause!!<br /><br />I'm still newish to the online log book and so on, so might need some advice on how to get started.<br /><br />paul

[old] chippy

General

Post by [old] chippy » February 7th, 2006, 4:07 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Tulky+Feb 7 2006, 02:39 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Tulky @ Feb 7 2006, 02:39 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi all<br /><br />just wanted to introduce myself and ask if there was any room for another member of the Taff Attack crew?<br /><br />I 'qualify' by way of a Cardiff mum and dad and a peverse desire to get hold of a Taff Attack all-in-one suit.<br /><br />cheers<br /><br />Paul Tulk<br />Lightwater Surrey UK <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Paul<br />Good choice fella,the Taff Attack AIO certainly gets us noticed on race days. <br />We might not win many medals but we always look the part <br /><br />Chris<br />Just looked on E BAY and there are plenty of stablizers for sale for your bike ,<br />when have learned to ride it with out crashing you can take them of. <br /><br />Gone down with a cold so taking a few days rest,just waiting for Paul to shove me out the 1st boat in the c2ctc ILL be back.<br /><br />Chippy

[old] Tulky

General

Post by [old] Tulky » February 7th, 2006, 4:27 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-chippy+Feb 7 2006, 12:07 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(chippy @ Feb 7 2006, 12:07 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Tulky+Feb 7 2006, 02:39 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Tulky @ Feb 7 2006, 02:39 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi all<br /><br />just wanted to introduce myself and ask if there was any room for another member of the Taff Attack crew?<br /><br />I 'qualify' by way of a Cardiff mum and dad and a peverse desire to get hold of a Taff Attack all-in-one suit.<br /><br />cheers<br /><br />Paul Tulk<br />Lightwater Surrey UK <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Paul<br />Good choice fella,the Taff Attack AIO certainly gets us noticed on race days. <br />We might not win many medals but we always look the part <br /><br />Gone down with a cold so taking a few days rest,just waiting for Paul to shove me out the 1st boat in the c2ctc ILL be back.<br /><br />Chippy <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hope you improve quickly Chippy and I'm sure your berth is safe for now!<br /><br />Now about that 300m... Can't be that hard surely!!??!!

[old] dadams

General

Post by [old] dadams » February 7th, 2006, 4:31 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Tulky+Feb 7 2006, 03:27 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Tulky @ Feb 7 2006, 03:27 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Now about that 300m... Can't be that hard surely!!??!! <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />It's sounds alot easier than it is....trust me.

[old] Bore Da!

General

Post by [old] Bore Da! » February 7th, 2006, 5:10 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-chippy+Feb 7 2006, 03:07 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(chippy @ Feb 7 2006, 03:07 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Chris<br />Just looked on E BAY and there are plenty of stablizers for sale for your bike ,<br />when have learned to ride it with out crashing you can take them of. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Just to explain, I rode my push bike in to work today - sneaking some extra training in! Chippy (ex carpenter) is now responsible for all the roads where I work. He laid some new Tarmac on a corner - I came piling into it, and thought "Man that Tarmac looks nice and new", I wanted a close up view of it, but forgot to slow down - so ended up sliding cross the road at 30kph in LYCRA.<br /><br />Just glad my good friend came over to help me pick the gravel out of my leg.<br /><br />All Day - "Whats blue and full of holes?" - "Chris's new cycling kit"<br /><br />Tidy Like

[old] Spectre

General

Post by [old] Spectre » February 7th, 2006, 5:34 pm

Good work everybody on the 300m! <br /><br />Tulky: welcome aboard! have fun with the CTC challange. the 300m is easy!!! <br /><br />Chris: the h*** with your leg, how is your bike!!? <br /><br />I am racing my first 2k (since my first retirement from rowing in 1990) so I will be saving myself for the big day. If I still want to ever get on an ergo again I will take a crack at the 300m after sunday. <br /><br />Whats a push bike anyway?

[old] Citroen

General

Post by [old] Citroen » February 7th, 2006, 5:43 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Bore Da!+Feb 7 2006, 09:10 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Bore Da! @ Feb 7 2006, 09:10 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Just glad my good friend came over to help me pick the gravel out of my leg. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Must have been expensive gravel.<br /><br />You need to shave your legs if you're serious about cycling. It's easier to get the tarry gravel out when it's not sticking to the hairs. Shaving your legs, also, makes you go faster (although it doesn't have that effect on the erg).

[old] Godfried

General

Post by [old] Godfried » February 7th, 2006, 6:26 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Tulky+Feb 7 2006, 10:05 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Tulky @ Feb 7 2006, 10:05 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Whatever I can do for the cause!!<br /><br />I'm still newish to the online log book and so on, so might need some advice on how to get started.<br /><br />paul <br /> </td></tr></table><br />see <a href='http://www.c2ctc.com/' target='_blank'>c2ctc</a> , just be sure to do a good warmup.

[old] Bore Da!

General

Post by [old] Bore Da! » February 7th, 2006, 6:27 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Spectre+Feb 7 2006, 04:34 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Spectre @ Feb 7 2006, 04:34 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Whats a push bike anyway?<br /> </td></tr></table><br />Doesn't have an engine (Unlike the other 4 I own)<br />Chippy always calls it a <span style='color:red'>Racer</span>, doesn't seem right though, since I come from a motorcycle racing backround - My <span style='color:red'>Racer</span> does 190mph, and has big sticky Dunlop tyres - Pukka.

[old] Spectre

General

Post by [old] Spectre » February 7th, 2006, 6:42 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Bore Da!+Feb 7 2006, 05:27 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Bore Da! @ Feb 7 2006, 05:27 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Spectre+Feb 7 2006, 04:34 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Spectre @ Feb 7 2006, 04:34 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Whats a push bike anyway?<br /> </td></tr></table><br />Doesn't have an engine (Unlike the other 4 I own)<br />Chippy always calls it a <span style='color:red'>Racer</span>, doesn't seem right though, since I come from a motorcycle racing backround - My <span style='color:red'>Racer</span> does 190mph, and has big sticky Dunlop tyres - Pukka. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Ah! I get it...I almost got a motorcycle a few years ago, Norton Comando 850. but the wife made it very clear that it was the bike or her. Since she is a divorce lawyer I figgered it was safer to forget about the bike...

[old] rspenger

General

Post by [old] rspenger » February 7th, 2006, 8:45 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Bore Da!+Feb 7 2006, 02:10 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Bore Da! @ Feb 7 2006, 02:10 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I wanted a close up view of it, but forgot to slow down - so ended up sliding cross the road at 30kph in LYCRA. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Well, that's one way to get a good close up view of it - maybe a little too close up.<br /><br />B.S.