Join Taff Attack

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Paul B

General

Post by [old] Paul B » January 31st, 2006, 6:02 pm

Chris - Well done on the CTC - you're starting to get hooked again on this rowing lark aren't you Good to see.<br /><br />Wonder whether Boat 1 can hang onto 3rd place in the CTC, or whether the MAD boys are waiting till the last minute to log some extra metres.<br /><br /> 4 x 20 mins for me tonight - Ave 1.50.2 @ 23 spm - total m - 21,777. I hope all this base endurance work is doing some good in the long run, because it's hurting my ass right now <br /><br />With the addition of my 1210m warm up tonight, this takes me over the 2 million metre mark for the season <br /><br />Good luck to everyone for the new 300m CTC challenge.<br /><br />Niall - did you manage to get any advice out of Jono on Sunday with regards to drag and tactics?

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » January 31st, 2006, 6:11 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Paul B+Jan 31 2006, 06:02 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Paul B @ Jan 31 2006, 06:02 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Niall - did you manage to get any advice out of Jono on Sunday with regards to drag and tactics? <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Yes, did you work him over until he spilled the beans and sang like a canary, Niall?

[old] mumbles

General

Post by [old] mumbles » January 31st, 2006, 6:12 pm

Cannot wait for 300m tomorrow, will be at the rowing club so plenty of support <br />One query, is anyone allowed to hold the erg in place while i row?<br />What is a good time for a junior over 300m?<br />Ok, so that was 2 questions but hey, i'm excited!

[old] Niall

General

Post by [old] Niall » January 31st, 2006, 6:23 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Paul B+Jan 31 2006, 05:02 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Paul B @ Jan 31 2006, 05:02 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Niall - did you manage to get any advice out of Jono on Sunday with regards to drag and tactics? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Well, yes, we managed to get onto the subject of the 300m Challenge. What Jon basically said was:<br /><br />- it's not an all-out effort where you reach your low pull within a few strokes. But you're still going to be stroking fast and hard all the same.<br />- he considers it one of the hardest distances as the times he's done it before he's almost been sick (obviously not trying hard enough I say ).<br />- can't remember whether we discussed drag. Seem to recollect it's down to the individual (certainly wouldn't just wack it up to 10 - you listening Daren!!??)<br />- sack of potatoes is purely optional <br /><br />Chris/Chippy,<br /><br />You wanna add anything to the above (your memory may be better than mine!)?<br />

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » January 31st, 2006, 6:35 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mumbles+Jan 31 2006, 06:12 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mumbles @ Jan 31 2006, 06:12 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->One query, is anyone allowed to hold the erg in place while i row? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />That would be acceptable.

[old] Daren C

General

Post by [old] Daren C » January 31st, 2006, 6:36 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 31 2006, 09:59 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 31 2006, 09:59 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I may stay up until midnight just to do the 300M and get in the first boat for a few nanoseconds </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hehe, Mark. It won't change over at midnight, either GMT nor whatever funny time you guys run. I'll leave it until it's at least mid-morning in the US, to give everyone a chance to log those last rows. The Dec/Jan changeover didn't happen until the 2nd of the month.<br />

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » January 31st, 2006, 6:44 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Daren C+Jan 31 2006, 06:36 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Daren C @ Jan 31 2006, 06:36 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 31 2006, 09:59 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 31 2006, 09:59 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I may stay up until midnight just to do the 300M and get in the first boat for a few nanoseconds </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hehe, Mark. It won't change over at midnight, either GMT nor whatever funny time you guys run. I'll leave it until it's at least mid-morning in the US, to give everyone a chance to log those last rows. The Dec/Jan changeover didn't happen until the 2nd of the month. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Rats, the webmaster <b>ALWAYS </b>gets to have the last word! Hate that.<br /><br /> <br /><br />We are able to start doing the 300M tests tomorrow though, yes? Just won't be able to log them?

[old] Daren C

General

Post by [old] Daren C » January 31st, 2006, 6:47 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 31 2006, 10:44 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 31 2006, 10:44 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->We are able to start doing the 300M tests tomorrow though, yes?  Just won't be able to log them?<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Yes, absolutely. Anyone that does a 30'r20 and logs it is a cheating goit. <br />

[old] chippy

General

Post by [old] chippy » January 31st, 2006, 6:55 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Niall+Jan 31 2006, 05:23 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Niall @ Jan 31 2006, 05:23 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Paul B+Jan 31 2006, 05:02 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Paul B @ Jan 31 2006, 05:02 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Niall - did you manage to get any advice out of Jono on Sunday with regards to drag and tactics? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Well, yes, we managed to get onto the subject of the 300m Challenge. What Jon basically said was:<br /><br />- it's not an all-out effort where you reach your low pull within a few strokes. But you're still going to be stroking fast and hard all the same.<br />- he considers it one of the hardest distances as the times he's done it before he's almost been sick (obviously not trying hard enough I say ).<br />- can't remember whether we discussed drag. Seem to recollect it's down to the individual (certainly wouldn't just wack it up to 10 - you listening Daren!!??)<br />- sack of potatoes is purely optional <br /><br />Chris/Chippy,<br /><br />You wanna add anything to the above (your memory may be better than mine!)? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Paul<br />The main thing we learnt from Jon on sunday was about diet, Nail and Chris will<br />back me up on this one.<br />1)First call one hundred yards from the arena MCDonalds ..full monty <br />2) Half way home Burger king ... Chicken nuggets + a big bag of revels +a<br />big bag of M Ms + a bigger bag of pringles all washed down with a sugary drink. <br />Makes the little bit of lard in a Welsh cake look super healthy <br /><br />Great day out and Jon is pure entertainment, Not bad for a MAD team member. <br /><br />Chippy <br /><br />

[old] Citroen

General

Post by [old] Citroen » January 31st, 2006, 7:08 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mumbles+Jan 31 2006, 10:12 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mumbles @ Jan 31 2006, 10:12 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->One query, is anyone allowed to hold the erg in place while i row? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Who owns the erg? Who owns the floor it's on?<br />One tactic is to wrap duct tape/gaffer tape inside-out, that is sticky side out round the feet of the erg and stick it to the floor with that.

[old] rspenger

General

Post by [old] rspenger » January 31st, 2006, 8:09 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 31 2006, 02:59 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 31 2006, 02:59 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I may stay up until midnight just to do the 300M and get in the first boat for a few nanoseconds until the bigs dogs get woken up by the milk delivery person or the newpaper delivery person and rip one off. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Geography already has you beat. The Aussies were over a half a day ahead of you and no one in the eastern hemisphere would have any trouble beating your head start.

[old] dadams

General

Post by [old] dadams » January 31st, 2006, 9:15 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Citroen+Jan 31 2006, 06:08 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Citroen @ Jan 31 2006, 06:08 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-mumbles+Jan 31 2006, 10:12 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mumbles @ Jan 31 2006, 10:12 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->One query, is anyone allowed to hold the erg in place while i row? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Who owns the erg? Who owns the floor it's on?<br />One tactic is to wrap duct tape/gaffer tape inside-out, that is sticky side out round the feet of the erg and stick it to the floor with that. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />You can also place it up against a wall (fan side toward the wall).

[old] AussieTaff

General

Post by [old] AussieTaff » February 1st, 2006, 12:50 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Bore Da!+Jan 31 2006, 03:54 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Bore Da! @ Jan 31 2006, 03:54 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Just pulled 7795 (1:55.5) in CTC challenge.  Pretty pleased.<br />Have to say big thank you to Browny for his silent pushing - Look forward to next month now.  Last 11 mins was the toughest, all that kept me going through the last 9 mins was the thought of writing this post, and what Martin would say if I gave in.<br /><br />Having said that I had enough to compete the last minute at 1:51's, and went into it at 176 bpm (max 186 ish).  Anxious wait now to see if anyone pushes me back out of boat II.<br /><br />Hanging On,<br />Chris. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Great row Chris and a well deserved place in Taff II. You're quite right, I would have given you a monster serve if you had wimped at the 20 min mark - not that I'm in the best position to do so with a 30min20SPM distance of 0 <br /><br />Well done on the 6:52 at EIRC - sub 6:50 before season's end ?<br /><br />And what's happening Niall, is there a devilish connection between weight loss and 2K times ?? <br /><br />Martin

[old] seat5

General

Post by [old] seat5 » February 1st, 2006, 1:44 am

Hey Martin!<br /><br />What's up these days? You are in hot summer now, I guess, and probably lots of humidity--not very good rowing weather. Hope your family is all well. Are you joining us for the CTC this month? we've missed you!

[old] Bore Da!

General

Post by [old] Bore Da! » February 1st, 2006, 5:35 am

<!--QuoteBegin-AussieTaff+Jan 31 2006, 11:50 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(AussieTaff @ Jan 31 2006, 11:50 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Well done on the 6:52 at EIRC - sub 6:50 before season's end ?<br />Martin  <br /> </td></tr></table><br />When the season started I pledged sub 6:40 by the end of it. Then I fell on the slippery slope so thats not going to happen. No I'm back on plan, and times are coming down, the plan is to break one of my original PB's before seasons end.<br /><br />Game On, Glad your still about - important member of the team.