Ca Mens Rowing Teams

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] NJhsRower

General

Post by [old] NJhsRower » February 1st, 2006, 9:45 pm

so what are to california college rowing teams that are in southern california and near the ocean?<br /><br />i also want to know which of them would be the easiest squad to get a scholarship from with 7:30 erg as of sophomore now (without much training) 6'0 150lb 3.2 gpa with mostly a couple of honors courses<br /><br />thanks for any help

[old] ljwagner

General

Post by [old] ljwagner » February 26th, 2006, 4:29 pm

Some of the SoCal universities with rowing teams are:<br /><br />UC's Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Irvine and San Diego<br />USC<br />Loyola Marymount<br />Cal State U's: Long Beach, San Diego<br /><br />Just do an internet search on a city and rowing. Then try a schedule to see if you missed any.<br /><br />UC Davis, CSU Sacramento, Stanford, and Santa Clara University are others less close to the ocean.<br /><br />I'm sure I missed a few.<br /><br />Rowing scholarships are more an East Coast thing, I suspect, since there is far more rowing back there than in Califronia.

[old] arakawa

General

Post by [old] arakawa » February 26th, 2006, 6:10 pm

<!--quoteo(post=54363:date=Feb 1 2006, 08:45 PM:name=NJhsRower)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(NJhsRower @ Feb 1 2006, 08:45 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quotec-->so what are to california college rowing teams that are in southern california and near the ocean?<br /><br />i also want to know which of them would be the easiest squad to get a scholarship from with 7:30 erg as of sophomore now (without much training) 6'0 150lb 3.2 gpa with mostly a couple of honors courses </td></tr></table><br />I think this is exactly the <a href="http://gorow.com/get_conditioning_program.htm" target="_blank">kind of information</a> <a href="http://gorow.com/" target="_blank">Xeno Muller</a> would have.