Dwyane Adams - Fake Or Real?

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Polaco

General

Post by [old] Polaco » January 22nd, 2006, 5:50 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 22 2006, 04:45 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 22 2006, 04:45 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'll repeat myself, there are plenty of people here who should be ashamed of themselves for not backing Dwayne, regardless of what he does or does not do today.  Poor sportspeople, worldwide.  And just plain poor form.<br /><br />-- Mark <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Who are you talking about Mark? And why sportspeople has to back one position or the opposite?

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » January 22nd, 2006, 5:52 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 22 2006, 05:47 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 22 2006, 05:47 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->mpukita, for your information, I am able to contact Mr Brody. When he confirms to me that I have his authority to pass the information onto you then I will do so. I will not pass on personal information of anybody without them saying that it is acceptable to do so.<br /><br />I will ask him if I can pass it on to you as you wish to talk to him, if he says yes it is ok, then I will do so. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />But you haven't already contacted him, as you claimed, right? That was a lie. You're a liar, because that was a lie ... simple. I couldn't care less about the rest ... we already saw the note about verification of the row. Nothing's changed.

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 22nd, 2006, 5:54 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 22 2006, 04:52 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 22 2006, 04:52 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 22 2006, 05:47 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 22 2006, 05:47 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->mpukita, for your information, I am able to contact Mr Brody. When he confirms to me that I have his authority to pass the information onto you then I will do so. I will not pass on personal information of anybody without them saying that it is acceptable to do so.<br /><br />I will ask him if I can pass it on to you as you wish to talk to him, if he says yes it is ok, then I will do so. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />But you haven't already contacted him, as you claimed, right? That was a lie. You're a liar, because that was a lie ... simple. I couldn't care less about the rest ... we already saw the note about verification of the row. Nothing's changed. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I think it is time you took your medication and went for a little sleep. Does your head hurt!<br /><br />

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » January 22nd, 2006, 5:56 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Polaco+Jan 22 2006, 05:50 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Polaco @ Jan 22 2006, 05:50 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 22 2006, 04:45 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 22 2006, 04:45 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'll repeat myself, there are plenty of people here who should be ashamed of themselves for not backing Dwayne, regardless of what he does or does not do today.  Poor sportspeople, worldwide.  And just plain poor form.<br /><br />-- Mark <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Who are you talking about Mark? And why sportspeople has to back one position or the opposite? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I'm speaking of everyone here who backed Chad's specious accusations, and forced Dwayne to row this row, because they questioned his integrity. They're everywhere in the world, and they're poor sportspeople. Good sportspeople don't question the integrity of one another. They just don't. Especially without evidence. They had none. It has nothing to do with backing a position, it has everything to do with questioning Dwayne's integrity.

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » January 22nd, 2006, 5:59 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 22 2006, 05:54 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 22 2006, 05:54 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 22 2006, 04:52 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 22 2006, 04:52 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 22 2006, 05:47 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 22 2006, 05:47 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->mpukita, for your information, I am able to contact Mr Brody. When he confirms to me that I have his authority to pass the information onto you then I will do so. I will not pass on personal information of anybody without them saying that it is acceptable to do so.<br /><br />I will ask him if I can pass it on to you as you wish to talk to him, if he says yes it is ok, then I will do so. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />But you haven't already contacted him, as you claimed, right? That was a lie. You're a liar, because that was a lie ... simple. I couldn't care less about the rest ... we already saw the note about verification of the row. Nothing's changed. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I think it is time you took your medication and went for a little sleep. Does your head hurt! <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />My head's fine Chad ... been doing 3K pieces in between visits here and while watching the football semi-finals here on the telly. Liitle recovery rows from my best 8 x 500M interval workout ever yesterday. Legs are a little heavy and arms are a little sore. I'm confident I'm in shape to hit my target next weekend in Cincinnati.<br /><br />Thanks for asking. <br /><br />You still haven't answered my question. You haven't had contact with Mr. Brody yet, have you? And certainly not before you posted and said you did.<br /><br />Now who's cornered, Chad?

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » January 22nd, 2006, 6:01 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Polaco+Jan 22 2006, 05:50 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Polaco @ Jan 22 2006, 05:50 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 22 2006, 04:45 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 22 2006, 04:45 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'll repeat myself, there are plenty of people here who should be ashamed of themselves for not backing Dwayne, regardless of what he does or does not do today.  Poor sportspeople, worldwide.  And just plain poor form.<br /><br />-- Mark <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Who are you talking about Mark? And why sportspeople has to back one position or the opposite? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Palaco:<br /><br />I was not talking about the vote, if that was what concerned you. One has the right to answer that as they please.<br /><br />-- Mark

[old] Polaco

General

Post by [old] Polaco » January 22nd, 2006, 6:02 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 22 2006, 04:56 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 22 2006, 04:56 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Polaco+Jan 22 2006, 05:50 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Polaco @ Jan 22 2006, 05:50 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 22 2006, 04:45 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 22 2006, 04:45 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'll repeat myself, there are plenty of people here who should be ashamed of themselves for not backing Dwayne, regardless of what he does or does not do today.  Poor sportspeople, worldwide.  And just plain poor form.<br /><br />-- Mark <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Who are you talking about Mark? And why sportspeople has to back one position or the opposite? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I'm speaking of everyone here who backed Chad's specious accusations, and forced Dwayne to row this row, because they questioned his integrity. They're everywhere in the world, and they're poor sportspeople. Good sportspeople don't question the integrity of one another. They just don't. Especially without evidence. They had none. It has nothing to do with backing a position, it has everything to do with questioning Dwayne's integrity. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Like Graham Benton? <br /><br />Mark:<br /><br />Don't take it so personal, if someone claims that has the world record it's completely understandabe that people asks for evidence. I agree that maybe this hasn't been the best way, but once the Pandora box is opened it's normal that people asked for evidence, not a world record, just a 5:55 ( extraordinary time anyway !!!) will be enough<br /><br />Kind Regards

[old] John Rupp

General

Post by [old] John Rupp » January 22nd, 2006, 6:05 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 22 2006, 01:56 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 22 2006, 01:56 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'm speaking of everyone here who backed Chad's specious accusations, and forced Dwayne to row this row, because they questioned his integrity.  They're everywhere in the world, and they're poor sportspeople. </td></tr></table><br />Yeah, so Dwayne did his row to please Chad.<br /><br />So what.<br /><br />If it wasn't for Chad then the 2k wouldn't have been rowed.<br /><br />Thus you and Dwayne should thank Chad and take him out to dinner.<br /><br />Show your gratitude!<br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Good sportspeople don't question the integrity of one another.  They just don't.  Especially without evidence.  They had none.  It has nothing to do with backing a position, it has everything to do with questioning Dwayne's integrity. </td></tr></table><br />Why do you keep doing it then?<br /><br />There is plenty of evidence against Dwayne, none of which has been answered with the exception of some in regards to the 2k.

[old] Delilah

General

Post by [old] Delilah » January 22nd, 2006, 6:13 pm

<!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'm speaking of everyone here who backed Chad's specious accusations, and forced Dwayne to row this row, because they questioned his integrity. They're everywhere in the world, and they're poor sportspeople. Good sportspeople don't question the integrity of one another. They just don't. Especially without evidence. They had none. It has nothing to do with backing a position, it has everything to do with questioning Dwayne's integrity. </td></tr></table><br /><br />Mark, <br />Now you are going too far.<br />I doubt that this forum has the gigabytes necessary to list my faults and character flaws but I am not doubting Dwayne's time because I am jealous or a poor sport.<br />I am out of his age category and my rowing speed is only slightly faster than continental drift.<br />I doubt the information because I believe there are too many unexplained coincidences and because there is not a single person who has yet to come forward and tell us about how he rows. I have seen first hand the rowing of a sub 6:00 rower and you can tell you are in the presence of something very special. <br />Where are his USIRT team mates telling us about his training sessions? Where are the first hand accounts of his training? How can anybody be so unlucky as to have a 100% failure record in competition?. Why on earth would someone not use the PM3 given free by C2 despite being expressly asked to do so. Am I the only person that thinks the cumulative meter total is ludicrous given that much of this must be done at decent intensity for the World #1. Given that he has a job and a wife when does he find time to consume the 7-8,000 calories of balanced diet that must be needed at this level of energy output. These and other questions remain unanswered and perhaps we will find that they are answered in Dwaynes favour. In the meantime I have the right to doubt without being accused of jealousy or poor sportmanship.<br />D

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 22nd, 2006, 6:14 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 22 2006, 04:59 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 22 2006, 04:59 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->You still haven't answered my question.  You haven't had contact with Mr. Brody yet, have you?  And certainly not before you posted and said you did.<br /><br />Now who's cornered, Chad? <br /> </td></tr></table><br />No I have not answered have I, That is for me to know and for you to find out. Just look how many times you have been wrong todate, this is just another one of these times. <br /><br />

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 22nd, 2006, 6:21 pm

<b>A quote from Dwayne Adam when asked about his training</b>-<br /><br /><i>Lots of pain!! Depends on the time of year really. If I'm training for a 2k, then I use a modified version of the Australian Surfboat Training Plan that I got from Gary Wise. <b>Otherwise, I mostly wing it</b>. It depends on how I'm feeling that day.</i><br /><br />Dwayne was not even training for a todays 2000m, so what will he do when he stops winging it <br /><br />Maybe we should all “wing it”<br />

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » January 22nd, 2006, 6:22 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Polaco+Jan 22 2006, 06:02 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Polaco @ Jan 22 2006, 06:02 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 22 2006, 04:56 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 22 2006, 04:56 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Polaco+Jan 22 2006, 05:50 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Polaco @ Jan 22 2006, 05:50 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 22 2006, 04:45 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 22 2006, 04:45 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'll repeat myself, there are plenty of people here who should be ashamed of themselves for not backing Dwayne, regardless of what he does or does not do today.  Poor sportspeople, worldwide.  And just plain poor form.<br /><br />-- Mark <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Who are you talking about Mark? And why sportspeople has to back one position or the opposite? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I'm speaking of everyone here who backed Chad's specious accusations, and forced Dwayne to row this row, because they questioned his integrity. They're everywhere in the world, and they're poor sportspeople. Good sportspeople don't question the integrity of one another. They just don't. Especially without evidence. They had none. It has nothing to do with backing a position, it has everything to do with questioning Dwayne's integrity. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Like Graham Benton? <br /><br />Mark:<br /><br />Don't take it so personal, if someone claims that has the world record it's completely understandabe that people asks for evidence. I agree that maybe this hasn't been the best way, but once the Pandora box is opened it's normal that people asked for evidence, not a world record, just a 5:55 ( extraordinary time anyway !!!) will be enough<br /><br />Kind Regards <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Polaco:<br /><br />I'll not name names, because I'm speaking at a macro level, not pointing a finger at any one person or people.<br /><br />I believe you missed my point, which I will admit is a fine distinction, but important.<br /><br />Chad took his concern about the verification process, and his doubt about Dwayne's times, and then took the leap to ask a question, with two answers that he wrote. Both used Dwayne as an example, clearly questioning his integrity through inference. That's clear. Anyone who says it's not is RATIONALIZING to let Chad off the hook. He didn't say, "Do you have confidence in the integrity of the current verification system?" He also did not say, "Do you believe the IND time that Andreas has currently posted as #2 is true?" <br /><br />Hmmm ... sure sounds like he picked an example to execute a personal attack. Then, when a number of people called him on it, he made excuses ... and a whole bunch of people backed him ... hating the player (Dwayne), as I said, instead of the game (the verification process).<br /><br />If I had done this inadvertently, I would have <b>IMMEDIATELY </b>and <b>PUBLICLY </b>made the apology. Most people would. If Chad had done this, most everyone here would have accepted it, probably kidded him about it, and moved on ... <b>even Dwayne</b>. Instead, he dug in his heels, and still has them dug, and that's where we're at.<br /><br />Because of this situation, it appears that there are many people -- worldwide -- who would like to see their feeling that Dwayne is a cheater verified (in their mind) by his not pulling this off. They've made that clear with their postings.<br /><br />They're hoping he <b>FAILS</b>. They're hoping another competitor <b>FAILS</b>. Not that they themselves <b>SUCCEED</b>, or not that they <b>BEAT </b>Dwayne fair and square, but that he <b>FAILS</b>. That is not sportmanship.<br /><br />I'm not upset, or heated, or emotional about this, because this is pretty clear to me. Really. It's almost an intellectual exercise at this point ... a debate about values. A scholarly discussion on right and wrong. I'm hoping others take it this way. If not, that's their choice.<br /><br />I do feel strongly about making my point, because I believe its being made, and being seen by many people, will help us get better here. That's what I care about ... fairness, sportsmanship, mutual assistance, sharing, improvement. Others may not care about this. That's OK, but it doesn't mean I'm going to change my mind and ignore an injustice. I'm not built that way.<br /><br />Regards -- Mark

[old] John &#39;SugarBoy&#39; Foy

General

Post by [old] John &#39;SugarBoy&#39; Foy » January 22nd, 2006, 6:26 pm

As I can't really afford the time to wade through 47 pages, can someone offer a summary of the recent development? Did DA do a witnessed 2k, or not?

[old] John Rupp

General

Post by [old] John Rupp » January 22nd, 2006, 6:26 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-John 'SugarBoy' Foy+Jan 22 2006, 02:26 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John 'SugarBoy' Foy @ Jan 22 2006, 02:26 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->As I can't really afford the time to wade through 47 pages, can someone offer a summary of the recent development? Did DA do a witnessed 2k, or not? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />We don't know yet... the intrique continues. <br />

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » January 22nd, 2006, 6:27 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Delilah+Jan 22 2006, 06:13 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Delilah @ Jan 22 2006, 06:13 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'm speaking of everyone here who backed Chad's specious accusations, and forced Dwayne to row this row, because they questioned his integrity. They're everywhere in the world, and they're poor sportspeople. Good sportspeople don't question the integrity of one another. They just don't. Especially without evidence. They had none. It has nothing to do with backing a position, it has everything to do with questioning Dwayne's integrity. </td></tr></table><br /><br />Mark, <br />Now you are going too far.<br />I doubt that this forum has the gigabytes necessary to list my faults and character flaws but I am not doubting Dwayne's time because I am jealous or a poor sport.<br />I am out of his age category and my rowing speed is only slightly faster than continental drift.<br />I doubt the information because I believe there are too many unexplained coincidences and because there is not a single person who has yet to come forward and tell us about how he rows. I have seen first hand the rowing of a sub 6:00 rower and you can tell you are in the presence of something very special. <br />Where are his USIRT team mates telling us about his training sessions? Where are the first hand accounts of his training? How can anybody be so unlucky as to have a 100% failure record in competition?. Why on earth would someone not use the PM3 given free by C2 despite being expressly asked to do so. Am I the only person that thinks the cumulative meter total is ludicrous given that much of this must be done at decent intensity for the World #1. Given that he has a job and a wife when does he find time to consume the 7-8,000 calories of balanced diet that must be needed at this level of energy output. These and other questions remain unanswered and perhaps we will find that they are answered in Dwaynes favour. In the meantime I have the right to doubt without being accused of jealousy or poor sportmanship.<br />D <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Delilah:<br /><br />You have the right to feel doubt, and I have the right to feel that all that questioned another competitor's integrity, with no evidence, are poor sportspeople. I'm telling you how I feel, you're telling me how you feel. I'm not telling you how to feel, and I'd expect you to do likewise for me.<br /><br />It's not that hard.<br /><br />-- Mark