Dwyane Adams - Fake Or Real?

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] John Rupp

General

Post by [old] John Rupp » January 22nd, 2006, 2:19 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 22 2006, 10:14 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 22 2006, 10:14 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I just find it amazing that so few people are willing to call him on it ... that's all. </td></tr></table><br /><br />He made the poll.<br /><br />You've made polls.<br /><br />I've made polls.<br /><br />Lots of people have made polls.<br /><br />Chad, you naughty boy! <br /><br />Ok there you are, Mark, I called him on it. <br />

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 22nd, 2006, 2:19 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 22 2006, 01:16 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 22 2006, 01:16 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 22 2006, 02:07 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 22 2006, 02:07 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 22 2006, 07:29 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 22 2006, 07:29 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->All I have to do is drop Robert an e-mail and he can confirm if it really exists, or not, this is what we want to know. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />As it says above, all I had to do was to contact Robert Brody, I did not need to as before I could locate his e-mail address, I had found out that he had left C2, as stated above in Italics in my post a few up this page. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />What? Then where in the world did you get the quote you put in italics in your message? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />From doing some "homework" <br /><br />

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » January 22nd, 2006, 2:20 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 22 2006, 02:16 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 22 2006, 02:16 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 22 2006, 02:07 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 22 2006, 02:07 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 22 2006, 07:29 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 22 2006, 07:29 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->All I have to do is drop Robert an e-mail and he can confirm if it really exists, or not, this is what we want to know. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />As it says above, all I had to do was to contact Robert Brody, I did not need to as before I could locate his e-mail address, I had found out that he had left C2, as stated above in Italics in my post a few up this page. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />What? Then where in the world did you get the quote you put in italics in your message? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><b>You mean you posted something as if it was in response to your request for him to verify that he had seen Dwayne's paperwork, but it was just some unrelated response about his sadness or anger over being terminated at C2, and you used the computer line in there to intimate that he was suggesting he could not get to the records? Or had never seen them? </b><br /><br />Please tell me this isn't true. <br /><br />If it is, you are one of the the biggest liars, cheaters and scoundrels I've ever had the opportunity to "meet" ... and that's saying quite a bit as I've met some winners.<br />

[old] John Rupp

General

Post by [old] John Rupp » January 22nd, 2006, 2:21 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 22 2006, 10:14 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 22 2006, 10:14 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Chad's been on here all day ... what does that tell you? </td></tr></table><br /><br />I don't know that you can go by that.<br /><br />If the computer is left on when away, does that still show the person as being here?<br /><br />Anyway, if Chad is here or not, I don't know what that proves about Dwayne and his times.

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 22nd, 2006, 2:23 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 22 2006, 01:20 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 22 2006, 01:20 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 22 2006, 02:16 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 22 2006, 02:16 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 22 2006, 02:07 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 22 2006, 02:07 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 22 2006, 07:29 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 22 2006, 07:29 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->All I have to do is drop Robert an e-mail and he can confirm if it really exists, or not, this is what we want to know. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />As it says above, all I had to do was to contact Robert Brody, I did not need to as before I could locate his e-mail address, I had found out that he had left C2, as stated above in Italics in my post a few up this page. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />What? Then where in the world did you get the quote you put in italics in your message? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><b>You mean you posted something as if it was in response to your request for him to verify that he had seen Dwayne's paperwork, but it was just some unrelated response about his sadness or anger over being terminated at C2, and you used the computer line in there to intimate that he was suggesting he could not get to the records? Or had never seen them? </b><br /><br />Please tell me this isn't true. <br /><br />If it is, you are one of the the biggest liars, cheaters and scoundrels I've ever had the opportunity to "meet" ... and that's saying quite a bit as I've met some winners. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Might be, might not be <br /><br />

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » January 22nd, 2006, 2:25 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 22 2006, 02:19 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 22 2006, 02:19 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 22 2006, 01:16 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 22 2006, 01:16 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 22 2006, 02:07 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 22 2006, 02:07 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 22 2006, 07:29 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 22 2006, 07:29 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->All I have to do is drop Robert an e-mail and he can confirm if it really exists, or not, this is what we want to know. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />As it says above, all I had to do was to contact Robert Brody, I did not need to as before I could locate his e-mail address, I had found out that he had left C2, as stated above in Italics in my post a few up this page. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />What? Then where in the world did you get the quote you put in italics in your message? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />From doing some "homework" <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Meaning what? You found some meaningless post somewhere from a disgruntled employee who had been terminated, and insinuated it had something to do with the Dwayne matter being discussed? Do us all a favor, stop talking in silly riddles, tell us all about your "homework", and let's have a look at what you've got, or is that secret too?

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 22nd, 2006, 2:26 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 22 2006, 01:20 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 22 2006, 01:20 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->you are one of the the biggest liars, cheaters and scoundrels I've ever had the opportunity to "meet" ... <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Is that directed at me or Dwayne? <br /><br /><br /><br />

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » January 22nd, 2006, 2:27 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 22 2006, 02:26 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 22 2006, 02:26 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 22 2006, 01:20 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 22 2006, 01:20 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->you are one of the the biggest liars, cheaters and scoundrels I've ever had the opportunity to "meet" ... <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Is that directed at me or Dwayne? <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Anyone that voted YES in support of you should now be ashamed at their vote. <br /><br />You're a very sorry human being.

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 22nd, 2006, 2:27 pm

Why all of a sudden are you interested, I thought this Dwayne and rankings stuff did not bother you <br /><br />

[old] Delilah

General

Post by [old] Delilah » January 22nd, 2006, 2:28 pm

OK then,<br />Deep sigh,..............<br /><br />Let me see if I can state the case without the niceties.<br /><br />"I believe that on the balance of the evidence I have seen that Dwayne Adams times are falsified."<br /><br />I could make a very long list of the pieces of circumstantial evidence for that position but I think we all know them.<br />On the other hand there is a signed statement by a witness (who whilst not an erg afficianado is nonetheless asscciated with the world of rowing) to the effect that he witnessed the trial.<br />So am I insulting or libelling/slandering Dwayne Adams?<br />Well assuming Dwayne Adams is the real name (clearly he's a real person) this means that I believe that person is liar and cheat. It is also obvious that I believe he is in need of immediate professional help.<br /><br />So how have I arrived at this conclusion?<br />Well it's my best guess based on the evidence as I see it. I have never met Dwayne Adams - this is just like a novel to me where I try to work out 'whodunnit'<br />I didn't see this man beating his wife or stealing old ladies purses - this is just an exercise in logic and at best it is a guess.<br />There is a lot of damning evidence but I must confess I have no idea how the time was 'fudged' as I don't believe in conspiracy between Dwayne and the person who adminstered the test.<br />So I am either wrong or I am right. Let's say I'm wrong do I owe Dwayne an apology?<br />Well he can have one if he wants but to be perfectly frank I can't see why he would - I'll say again I've never met him and I am basing my guess on all sorts of things but not from any sort of character assessment. I can't judge his character I know nothing about the man. <br /><br />Finally, against my better judgement I am going to post an email I received yesterday(together with my request) from the man who administered the test. This is someone who was contacted by Robert Brody as he was based near Dwayne and C2 had no staff or regulars available at a suitable location.<br />I say against my better judgement because I suspect both sides will seize upon this as 'proof'<br />D

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » January 22nd, 2006, 2:29 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 22 2006, 02:27 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 22 2006, 02:27 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Why all of a sudden are you interested, I thought this Dwayne and rankings stuff did not bother you  <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />You mean you never directly communicated with Robert Brody, correct?

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 22nd, 2006, 2:31 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 22 2006, 01:27 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 22 2006, 01:27 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Anyone that voted YES in support of you should now be ashamed at their vote.  <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />So now it is not only me that you dislike, it is all the people that agree with me!! What has Graham Benton ever done to you for you to start attacking him? what about the other "free thinking" individuals on this site?<br /><br />I love your christian attitude <br /><br />

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » January 22nd, 2006, 2:34 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Delilah+Jan 22 2006, 02:28 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Delilah @ Jan 22 2006, 02:28 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->OK then,<br />Deep sigh,..............<br /><br />Let me see if I can state the case without the niceties.<br /><br />"I believe that on the balance of the evidence I have seen that Dwayne Adams times are falsified."<br /><br />I could make a very long list of the pieces of circumstantial evidence for that position but I think we all know them.<br />On the other hand there is a signed statement by a witness (who whilst not an erg afficianado is nonetheless asscciated with the world of rowing) to the effect that he witnessed the trial.<br />So am I insulting or libelling/slandering Dwayne Adams?<br />Well assuming Dwayne Adams is the real name (clearly he's a real person) this means that I believe that person is liar and cheat.  It is also obvious that I believe he is in need of immediate professional help.<br /><br />So how have I arrived at this conclusion?<br />Well it's my best guess based on the evidence as I see it.  I have never met Dwayne Adams - this is just like a novel to me where I try to work out 'whodunnit'<br />I didn't see this man beating his wife or stealing old ladies purses - this is just an exercise in logic and at best it is a guess.<br />There is a lot of damning evidence but I must confess I have no idea how the time was 'fudged' as I don't believe in conspiracy between Dwayne and the person who adminstered the test.<br />So I am either wrong or I am right.  Let's say I'm wrong do I owe Dwayne an apology?<br />Well he can have one if he wants but to be  perfectly frank I can't see why he would - I'll say again I've never met him and I am basing my guess on all sorts of things but not from any sort of character assessment.  I can't judge his character I know nothing about the man.  <br /><br />Finally, against my better judgement I am going to post an email I received yesterday(together with my request) from the man who administered the test.  This is someone who was contacted by Robert Brody as he was based near Dwayne and C2 had no staff or regulars available at a suitable location.<br />I say against my better judgement because I suspect both sides will seize upon this as 'proof'<br />D <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Delilah:<br /><br />You missed the point again ...<br /><br />This is "evidence", and it sounds unclear evidence at that if both sides will claim it as "proof", that was collected <b>after Chad made his accusations</b>. His accusations were baseless, and he is a cad and a scoundrel. He's just proven this by being deceitful with his recent postings.<br /><br />This note you have has nothing to do with that <b>fact</b>.<br /><br />-- Mark

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 22nd, 2006, 2:35 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 22 2006, 01:29 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 22 2006, 01:29 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 22 2006, 02:27 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 22 2006, 02:27 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Why all of a sudden are you interested, I thought this Dwayne and rankings stuff did not bother you  <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />You mean you never directly communicated with Robert Brody, correct? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Wrong.<br /><br />

[old] Delilah

General

Post by [old] Delilah » January 22nd, 2006, 2:35 pm

Here you go then: I've put my request first so things follow logically.<br /><br />Hi Tom,<br />Firstly, I doubt this is the first mail you have had on this subject.........sorry<br />I bet this is becoming a real nuisance. <br />If you have the time and patience can you please help me out.<br /><br />As you know you are the witness for a 5:47 2000Meter Erg score by a 40 year<br />old male and this breaks Petti Karponens record by an astonishing 5 seconds.<br />There are all sorts of things that just don't stack up about Dwayne and if<br />it were not for your witness verification I don't think many would be inclined<br />to believe. All these things are purely circumstantial but there really<br />are a lot of them<br /><br />In reply to an earlier request you said that you 'administered' the test and<br />so I wonder just what this means and whether there is any prospect you might<br />have been hoodwinked. There is no implied critcism there you understand<br />but might it be possible somehow?<br />Things that might support the validity<br />1. You set the monitor at 2K and then watched the whole thing.<br />2. The stroke splilts were consistent with the time. ..........I guess<br />after the first pull the first few pulls would be in the 1:10 to 1:20 per<br />500M range and even when he settled there will have been almost no pulls<br />above 1:30<br /><br />I think a lot of people would be worried if you were only called upon to<br />check the final time particularly if you weren't the person who set the distance<br />into the monitor.<br />It's sad that we care so much I guess but this really is a long way from<br />a good time......it's simply fabulous.<br />Might very well be true but there are sceptics<br /><br />Thanks a lot and apologies again for the inconvenience.<br /><br /><br /><i>It isn't much trouble really. Did anyone post the email I sent to the other bloke? I am far too busy preparing for some delivery trips at the moment to follow what is going on with this, but if I can be of help, I would be happy.<br /><br />I really don't remember the details of the day, but there were a couple guys hanging about the boathouse when he was doing the second test that I adminisitered. The ergo was set at 2000 metres when he started, we watched for a little while, and then walked away. He likes to be left alone, and we would take sort looks at his splits every once in a while. He was always within view (about 10 metres away down a boat bay). At about 5.00 minutes or so we wandered back over.<br /><br />I do remember we went for breakfast afterwards. Oh, and one of the blokes who was hanging about on the day was a judge for the State of Arizona. He's a 60something who pulls under 6.50.<br /><br />I can speculate on calibration problems with the timer on the machine and the watch that I had, but it wouldn't amount to 5 seconds... <br /><br />While I don't care much for ergo scores, I do respect how hard people have to work to get even below 7 minutes and I wouldn't want someone to be shorted the feeling of accomplishment, be he in Finland or Fargo. Given that Dwayne has scored well under 6 minutes several times and he only seemed to be getting faster as he approached 40, I guess I don't find 5.47 that shocking for him.<br /><br />Hope that helps.<br />Tom</i>