Dwyane Adams - Fake Or Real?

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] John Rupp

General

Post by [old] John Rupp » January 18th, 2006, 5:37 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 18 2006, 01:17 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 18 2006, 01:17 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->So Daren, if Dwayne rowed a 2000m in 5.47.0 on-line and had a Row Pro file for it, you would not accept it as proof? Yet, if he said “I just rowed a 5.47.0” you would believe that? </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hilarious. <br />

[old] John Rupp

General

Post by [old] John Rupp » January 18th, 2006, 5:40 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-dadams+Jan 18 2006, 09:16 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(dadams @ Jan 18 2006, 09:16 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Tom Gallegher (spelling). Was a USIRT official at the time. Last time I knew he was working for Sykes Racing North America (out of Philly I think). </td></tr></table><br /><br />Now we get an ambiguous statement like this for "proof".... hmmm.....<br /><br />"I rowed a 5:45 this morning. This breaks Elia Luini's lightweight world record.<br /><br />"George Bush is president.<br /><br />"The last I heard he was in Washington D.C., but he might be in Texas, or Iraq.<br /><br />"I think."

[old] John Rupp

General

Post by [old] John Rupp » January 18th, 2006, 5:42 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Notsofast+Jan 18 2006, 01:34 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Notsofast @ Jan 18 2006, 01:34 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I wasn't there to witness a WR. I was there (the boathouse) finishing up my morning row. I just happened to come by as he was warming up and ask what was going on. So no, I didn't have a camera. What a twit you are. Do you happen to walk around with a camera expecting to see WRs being set? I think not. </td></tr></table><br /><br />So it was done in a boathouse now, and not a gymnasium?<br />

[old] Forge

General

Post by [old] Forge » January 18th, 2006, 5:46 pm

The guy is a fake, show some proof and I ll believe those supporting him<br /><br /><br />

[old] Notsofast

General

Post by [old] Notsofast » January 18th, 2006, 5:47 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Forge+Jan 18 2006, 04:46 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Forge @ Jan 18 2006, 04:46 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->The guy is a fake, show some proof and I ll believe those supporting him <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Maybe you didn't see my reply above. <b>I was there</b>. Proof enough.<br /><br />Dave

[old] PaulS

General

Post by [old] PaulS » January 18th, 2006, 5:48 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-cbrock+Jan 18 2006, 12:13 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(cbrock @ Jan 18 2006, 12:13 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br />I stand to be corrected here but the verification system seems also to be an honour system, because the distance does not have to be rowed without stopping.<br /><br />You can do an interval workout which equals the approved distance (eg: 10 X 1k) and have that time confirmed as a bona-fide 10k.<br /><br />I assume that this also applies to the other distances.<br /><br />It is disappointing because I like you thought this was a great method of "verifying" that at least the time claimed was rowed.<br /><br />Regards,<br />Chris <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />This is quite disappointing since I was certainly assuming that the IND_V code was something that could only be generated from a single distance row and not a total of intervals.<br /><br />That said, there is C2 "verification" required for Top times, i.e. I tested this by averaging 1:22.0 for 5 100m intervals, getting the PM3 code, and clicking on "rank", I get sent to a page that requests another code to be obtained from C2, which of course I'm not going to do for this piece.<br /><br />So Chad, I agree that the system has room for improvement, but since I'd have to take an additional step to get the above to be displayed in the ranked workouts, which would involve deceiving the C2 representative to get a code, I find it difficult to accept that anyone would do that. I'd rather be fooled, than to accuse someone unjustly. Though now it seems we have an eye witness, do you believe the 5:47.1 at this point? I do. And I still "Don't care" as far as the poll goes.

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 18th, 2006, 5:48 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Porkchop+Jan 18 2006, 04:30 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Porkchop @ Jan 18 2006, 04:30 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->You keep saying that you aren't questioning anyone's integrity, but you always come back to the point that D's other times (all entered under an <b><i>honor</i></b> system) seem inconsistent with the times for which you seek proof.  The not-very-subtle implication is that you suspect (or perhaps even believe) that they are false.  Unless the posted times are the result of typographical errors, they must have been deliberately falsified.  Ergo, you question the integrity of the man who entered them.  <br /><br />As to your "challenge":  It would be impossible to overstate the depth of my indifference to whether you are satisfied with the system. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Porkchop<br /><br />I have never claimed that any times or distances posted by Dwayne are false.<br /><br />I have asked for some proof that they have been rowed. Why people go of at tangents all the time I do not know.<br /><br />The title of the poll should have been better worded I will give you that. <br /><br />Take me to a post that I have entered and show me where is have name called or called anybody a cheat?<br /><br />I have been name called many times on this thread, am I throwing my toys out of the pram?

[old] Forge

General

Post by [old] Forge » January 18th, 2006, 5:50 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Notsofast+Jan 18 2006, 04:47 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Notsofast @ Jan 18 2006, 04:47 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Forge+Jan 18 2006, 04:46 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Forge @ Jan 18 2006, 04:46 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->The guy is a fake, show some proof and I ll believe those supporting him <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Maybe you didn't see my reply above. <b>I was there</b>. Proof enough.<br /><br />Dave <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Oh ok well in that case I was there when the UFO's landed in Roswell New Mexico, now because I said it, it has to be true I mean come on this is the internet, everything everyone says is true isnt it?<br /><br />Check mate buddy, I m outta here

[old] gw1

General

Post by [old] gw1 » January 18th, 2006, 5:51 pm

<!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I tested this by averaging 1:22.0 for 5 100m intervals </td></tr></table><br /><br />FB<br /><br />Would that be 500m "with breaks" <br /><br />Other FB

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 18th, 2006, 5:56 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-PaulS+Jan 18 2006, 04:48 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(PaulS @ Jan 18 2006, 04:48 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->now it seems we have an eye witness,  do you believe the 5:47.1 at this point?  I do.  And I still "Don't care" as far as the poll goes. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I would love to believe it PaulS, but NotsoFast has a bad attitude it would seem. I am not saying he was not there to see the 5.47.1, but if he put himself over on the forum in a bit more of a professional manor and created a much better first impression then maybe things would be a different.<br /><br />I can’t take the word of someone who comes on and within 5 minutes starts calling me a twit. Other people who require proof of the row may now think different though.<br /><br />He has done his cause no favors<br /><br />

[old] John Rupp

General

Post by [old] John Rupp » January 18th, 2006, 5:56 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-PaulS+Jan 18 2006, 01:48 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(PaulS @ Jan 18 2006, 01:48 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->now it seems we have an eye witness,  do you believe the 5:47.1 at this point?  I do. </td></tr></table><br />Posted on the UK forum Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:44 am:<br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin-"PaulS"+--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE("PaulS")</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'm not sure that GB and I are in the same age class, (I'm 43, same age as the WR holder in that class, I think the longest standing WR at this time. It would be a sad day for me if that record falls, but I'll deal with it if it happens.) </td></tr></table><br />Here you are saying that Pertti Karppinen still holds the record and that Dwayne did not better it.<br /><br />How can you believe Dwayne's record and not believe it all at the same time????

[old] John Rupp

General

Post by [old] John Rupp » January 18th, 2006, 5:57 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-gw1+Jan 18 2006, 01:51 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(gw1 @ Jan 18 2006, 01:51 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Would that be 500m "with breaks"  </td></tr></table><br /> <br />

[old] slo_boat

General

Post by [old] slo_boat » January 18th, 2006, 5:58 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Forge+Jan 18 2006, 04:50 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Forge @ Jan 18 2006, 04:50 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Oh ok well in that case I was there when the UFO's landed in Roswell New Mexico, <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />That would explain a lot.

[old] John Rupp

General

Post by [old] John Rupp » January 18th, 2006, 5:58 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 18 2006, 01:56 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 18 2006, 01:56 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I can’t take the word of someone who comes on and within 5 minutes starts calling me a twit. </td></tr></table><br />Excellent point.

[old] PaulS

General

Post by [old] PaulS » January 18th, 2006, 6:00 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-gw1+Jan 18 2006, 01:51 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(gw1 @ Jan 18 2006, 01:51 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I tested this by averaging 1:22.0 for 5 100m intervals </td></tr></table><br /><br />FB<br /><br />Would that be 500m "with breaks" <br /><br />Other FB <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Indeed it would. Just nice and light "frothing along" at R43 SPI 16.5 <br /><br />- FB2