Couple Of Questions...

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] FlyingMoose

General

Post by [old] FlyingMoose » January 7th, 2006, 5:56 pm

First, what kind of shoes are best for rowing? With my current (walking) shoes, my heels get sore from rubbing against the back.<br /><br />My other question is how to breathe... I've been tought to breath out on exertion, but when rowing, if I do that, then I'm breathing in while my legs are squishing my belly, so it makes it hard. What parts of the cycle should I be breathing in and out?

[old] Alissa

General

Post by [old] Alissa » January 8th, 2006, 12:38 am

<!--QuoteBegin-FlyingMoose+Jan 7 2006, 01:56 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(FlyingMoose @ Jan 7 2006, 01:56 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->First, what kind of shoes are best for rowing?  With my current (walking) shoes, my heels get sore from rubbing against the back.<br /><br />My other question is how to breathe... I've been tought to breath out on exertion, but when rowing, if I do that, then I'm breathing in while my legs are squishing my belly, so it makes it hard.  What parts of the cycle should I be breathing in and out? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Flying Moose!<br /><br />I don't have any idea what shoes are best, but the breathing question seems to be in the air today...here's a reply on the same issues from another thread:<br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin-ancho+Jan 7 2006, 10:17 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(ancho @ Jan 7 2006, 10:17 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->There already was a thread about this.<br />Take a look at the thread <a href='http://concept2.ipbhost.com/index.php?s ... c=2659&hl=' target='_blank'>Breathing Technique</a><br />With your new stroke and breathing properly, you should smash your WR! <br />Good luck!! <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />that linked to an earlier thread that had some interesting thoughts on the subject.<br /><br />Best wishes.<br /><br />Alissa

[old] Paul S

General

Post by [old] Paul S » January 8th, 2006, 4:16 pm

I feel that something old & flexible is best. I have ordered a pair of Nike's new Free 5.0 which are extremely flexible being based on what Nike calls barefoot technology. Apparently they studied the barefoot running of the Kenyans and tried to come up with a shoe that approximates that. They might make good rowing shoes. I'll let you know.<br /><br />Paul Salata