New Software For The Pm3

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] c2bill

General

Post by [old] c2bill » November 16th, 2005, 11:58 am

Several months ago we (Concept2) sponsored a contest to create a new software application for the PM3. The winner was to be awarded a new rowing machine (or cash equivalent) and the opportunity to donate a set of oars or ergs to a school or rowing club of his/her choice.<br /><br />The contest was won by Scott Michael of Boone, IA - for information about his software (and to download it for free) visit:<br /><br /><a href='http://www.concept2.com/contest' target='_blank'>www.concept2.com/contest</a><br /><br />-bill

[old] malor

General

Post by [old] malor » November 16th, 2005, 12:20 pm

I'm the author of the software, so feel free to ask questions here. <br /><br />

[old] johnnybike

General

Post by [old] johnnybike » November 16th, 2005, 12:46 pm

Congrats on winning, what did you go for a new C2 or the equivalent in cash/goodies?

[old] malor

General

Post by [old] malor » November 16th, 2005, 1:02 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-johnnybike+Nov 16 2005, 10:46 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(johnnybike @ Nov 16 2005, 10:46 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Congrats on winning, what did you go for a new C2 or the equivalent in cash/goodies? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Thanks. The only rowing I do is indoors and I just bought my first C2 rower in February, so cash made the most sense for me. <br />

[old] Galt

General

Post by [old] Galt » November 16th, 2005, 1:24 pm

Has anybody had any problems associated with downloading the new software?<br /><br />Thanks

[old] haboustak

General

Post by [old] haboustak » November 16th, 2005, 1:40 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Galt+Nov 16 2005, 12:24 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Galt @ Nov 16 2005, 12:24 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Has anybody had any problems associated with downloading the new software? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I had no trouble downloading and installing it on my Windows XP SP2 machine. I haven't actually tried doing anything with it. Shortly after starting up, it makes my FW90 PM3 stumble over various 938 errors.<br /><br />Looks really cool though. Nice work! And congrats on winning the contest.<br /><br /><br />Mike

[old] ehagberg

General

Post by [old] ehagberg » November 16th, 2005, 3:02 pm

I thought this was going to be an annoucement regarding some other software I saw being demonstrated at the Head of the Charles a month or so ago - it was basically a video game where you controlled the action based on how fast or slow you pulled (or something like that).<br /><br />Sorry I don't have more details, but it looked like those who were playing it had fun.

[old] tjod

General

Post by [old] tjod » November 17th, 2005, 12:08 am

Downloaded fine, installed on XP Pro. Will test over the weekend. Thanks!

[old] grams

General

Post by [old] grams » November 17th, 2005, 1:05 pm

Downloaded and installed just fine. The big backlit display on my laptop is super for me in my incredible nearsightedness in my dark erging corner.<br /><br />Now will someone point me in the right direction (weblink, forumlink, etc) for using the graphs? Especially I never really understood what I should be doing with pace. <br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />grams

[old] Galt

General

Post by [old] Galt » November 17th, 2005, 7:05 pm

ty

[old] malor

General

Post by [old] malor » November 29th, 2005, 2:03 pm

The RowIt software was written using the PM3 SDK which requires the PM3 to have firmware 88 or later installed. <a href='http://www.concept2.com/05/rower/service/pm3_update.asp' target='_blank'>Download firmware updater</a><br /><br /><br /><br />grams, I was hoping someone else would answer your question about using the graphs since I couldn't really find anything. But, for greatest efficency you would want the graphs(other than heart rate) to be straight lines so your pace remains the same for the entire row. <br /><br />I couldn't get my heart rate monitor to work with my PM3, so I wasn't able to test the heart rate graph. Depending on your training level, if you repeat the same workout (same pace and duration) over a period of time then your heart rate should be able to see a decrease in the heart rate level.

[old] circ

General

Post by [old] circ » December 4th, 2005, 6:03 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-malor+Nov 16 2005, 12:20 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(malor @ Nov 16 2005, 12:20 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'm the author of the software, so feel free to ask questions here. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Does your app allow me to upload past data on my logcard your app and then on to the CC2 online logbook..thanks... circ

[old] malor

General

Post by [old] malor » December 4th, 2005, 6:56 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-circ+Dec 4 2005, 04:03 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(circ @ Dec 4 2005, 04:03 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Does your app allow me to upload past data on my logcard your app and then on to the CC2 online logbook..thanks... circ <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Sorry it doesn't. It can only upload workouts recorded by the program.<br /><br />I don't think that functions to read the log card have been added to the Software Development Kit that I used, so for the present it will stay that way.

[old] dwormuth

General

Post by [old] dwormuth » December 6th, 2005, 11:48 pm

The software is very nice. I like the fact that I can control the workout from the PM3 monitor! One enhancement I would like is to have the ability to add comments to the workout before transmitting to the WWW site. <br /><br />Another enhancement would be to have the workout menus reflect the workouts in the custom and favorite PM3 menus. Finally if you add comments, the ability to add other data fields in to the comments would be great as well (Final heartrate, power, DPS etc).

[old] tjod

General

Post by [old] tjod » December 7th, 2005, 12:21 am

I found a small bug in the new software.<br /><br />Last night I started a 10K row. It showed up fine on the PM3 and the PC screen. A little over 500 meters into the session, I needed to make some adjustments to the C2 and stopped for a few minutes. When I was ready again, I decided to restart the 10K from scratch, so I reset the PM3 to that distance again.<br /><br />Later on when I finished and had sent the session to the online log (GREAT feature!) I noticed that the second 10K was there with the correct time, but there was also one listed prior to that saying that I had done 10K in 3:12 (I wish!) That time in fact was the time I had done for the first 500+ meters of the abandoned 10K.<br /><br />This sounds like a value is not being rest when a new session is started. <br /><br />A workaround would probably be to stop Rowit and re-start it if a session is abandoned, but I'm sure there's a more elegant solution. 8-)<br /><br />Other than that, the Rowit program has worked well for me