Pm2 Splits/rest Total Meters??? Help Please!

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] RickMan

General

Post by [old] RickMan » October 26th, 2005, 2:01 pm

This refers to PM2, the only model I have available at my gym...<br /><br />When I set up a split routine, I noticed that the meters rowed during the rest are not shown, or the total it seems. How do other people log their total meters when doing splits? Do they add them up? I don't see a way to get a total of all split times, or to include rest meters. Grr....

[old] PaulS

General

Post by [old] PaulS » October 26th, 2005, 3:03 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-RickMan+Oct 26 2005, 11:01 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(RickMan @ Oct 26 2005, 11:01 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->This refers to PM2, the only model I have available at my gym...<br /><br />When I set up a split routine, I noticed that the meters rowed during the rest are not shown, or the total it seems.  How do other people log their total meters when doing splits?  Do they add them up?  I don't see a way to get a total of all split times, or to include rest meters.  Grr.... <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />There really wasn't a way to do that prior to the PM3, well, except for ErgMonitor. <br /><br />Frankly I'd never even thought about logging meters that were not part of the "work" piece anyway, but that's just me.

[old] RickMan

General

Post by [old] RickMan » October 26th, 2005, 5:01 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-PaulS+Oct 26 2005, 03:03 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(PaulS @ Oct 26 2005, 03:03 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Frankly I'd never even thought about logging meters that were not part of the "work" piece anyway, but that's just me. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Concept2 says we can use them towards our million meter T-shirt. Being that is my majour goal, and sometimes the only thing getting me on the erg, that's what I'm doin'!<br /><br /> <br /><br />

[old] John Rupp

General

Post by [old] John Rupp » October 26th, 2005, 5:49 pm

Rick,<br /><br />I either stop for the rests, or else do the intervals as continuous pieces.<br /><br />For example if you are rowing 10x 500m with 500m in between, set the monitor for 10000 meters, and then press [ok][m] so the splits will be saved at the end. The splits are automatically set for 500m. <br /><br />If you want a different interval distance set that. Or, for example, you could set the monitor for 60 minutes, set the splits for 3:00 each, set split memory [ok][m], then row 10x 3:00 and you'll have the 3:00 recoveries in between.<br /><br />Afterwards get your total distance for the 60 minutes, and you can go back and add up your splits, though I also usually keep a running total in my head.<br /><br />This works well when the repetition distance is the same as the intervals in between, or a multiple thereof.