Southern Cross Irc

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Stevo

General

Post by [old] Stevo » June 2nd, 2005, 9:02 pm

I currently log my warm up/cool down metres at home, but not online...would it be dishonest to save them all up till the end of April???

[old] GeorgeD

General

Post by [old] GeorgeD » June 2nd, 2005, 9:16 pm

I dont see why - when you do them is irrelevant and when you post them is irrelevant, as long as you do them.<br /><br />The only good thing about posting them regularly is that I for one sometimes use other's meters as a spur to keep me going and also how we are placed on the table as well - so really if you add them all up to the end it is not a true picture.<br /><br />George<br /><br />I am after Mark and Nicholas at present

[old] leonard

General

Post by [old] leonard » June 2nd, 2005, 11:58 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Stevo+Jun 3 2005, 09:02 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Stevo @ Jun 3 2005, 09:02 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I currently log my warm up/cool down metres at home, but not online...would it be dishonest to save them all up till the end of April??? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Yes Stevo - you will burn in satan's abode for this malevolence . (lol - it censors the word h***! wtf?)<br /><br />As George said the only reason for logging them immediately/soon after the session is so that others can see your progress and the teams overall standing. Mind you, from what I recall last year, come the last month or two of the season a bunch of teams/individuals within teams started to horde their meters and submit after the season was over but within the time deadlines - funny stuff to disguise true team positions <br />

[old] GeorgeD

General

Post by [old] GeorgeD » June 3rd, 2005, 12:35 am

<!--QuoteBegin-leonard+Jun 3 2005, 04:58 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(leonard @ Jun 3 2005, 04:58 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Yes Stevo - you will burn in satan's abode for this malevolence  . (lol - it censors the word h***! wtf?)<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Leonard have a look at this thread and all will be revealed : <a href='http://concept2.ipbhost.com/index.php?s ... censorship' target='_blank'>http://concept2.ipbhost.com/index.php?s ... sorship</a> <br /><br />George<br />

[old] Stevo

General

Post by [old] Stevo » June 3rd, 2005, 8:02 am

Hehehe....I don't do that much in warming up anyway <br /><br />*Waits for Roland to outline the importance of a thorough warm up and warm down*

[old] leonard

General

Post by [old] leonard » June 5th, 2005, 9:15 am

<!--QuoteBegin-GeorgeD+Jun 3 2005, 12:35 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(GeorgeD @ Jun 3 2005, 12:35 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br />Leonard have a look at this thread and all will be revealed : <a href='http://concept2.ipbhost.com/index.php?s ... censorship' target='_blank'>http://concept2.ipbhost.com/index.php?s ... sorship</a>  <br /><br />George <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Thanks GeorgeD,<br /><br /><b>h***</b> of a good read

[old] tomraven

General

Post by [old] tomraven » June 6th, 2005, 7:05 am

We have 27 members and only 24 of us are logging our distances on the concept2 standings.<br /><br />Some of you may not be registered correctly.<br /><br />Does anybody need help with this?<br /><br />Cheers<br /><br />Tom

[old] tomraven

General

Post by [old] tomraven » June 6th, 2005, 7:07 am

I was a bit nervous of rowing online against Roland, Westy etc as I<br />would probably only have rowed the 1st 8000m at 2:10 to 2:15 pace. So I<br />chickened out.<br /><br />If I do join you guys, please don't wait for me. I am quite happy to be<br />at the back on my own. Just being part of the team is what its all<br />about.<br /><br />Maybe there are 1 or 2 other members who feel the same and we can<br />either row in a slower group or set up or own race.<br /><br />I did however do my 10 000m towards the clubs points.<br /><br />I am away next weekend, but if another member wants to row at +- 2:10<br />to 2:15, let me know and I will see you online.<br /><br />To Martin, Our newest member<br /><br />Martin, I have been rowing since December and I love it. I purchased<br />Row Pro ( <a href='http://www.digitalrowing.com/default.aspx?ItemId=66' target='_blank'>http://www.digitalrowing.com/default.aspx?ItemId=66</a> )soon<br />afer I started rowing. Its been worth it. Not only for the online<br />rowing features, but also because of the training program and pace<br />boats you can set up.<br /><br />I have Row Pro on my laptop, which I plug into the PM3. Its sits on a<br />little table right next to the PM3. I can row online using my wireless<br />network, which is connected into my broadband connection.<br /><br />Cheers<br /><br />Tom

[old] maf

General

Post by [old] maf » June 7th, 2005, 7:15 pm

Hi SCIRC!<br /><br />Just a little note to say that I have been devious and emailing Aussies on the annual metres board and asking them to join SCIRC if they have no existing allegiences.<br /><br />I've had a few successes, Nic Pay, Trevor Sullivan, and maybe a couple of others.<br /><br />Nic has taken off since he joined! I think he's after the top spot, you better watch out Mr West <br /><br />Today, Robyn Huttenmeister replied and joined. Her 209,262 has helped push us up to 8th place!<br /><br />Robyn is training to go to the Aussie championships in October, so I'm sure she'll be logging lots of Metres. She's also doing a bit of on-water work, but not logging it. Does anyone know if she can, and if the metres count for the team standings? I'm pretty sure they're excluded from the MM Clubs, but don't know about anywhere else.<br /><br />Regards,<br /><br />Michael

[old] Stevo

General

Post by [old] Stevo » June 8th, 2005, 2:41 am

Great work Michael, we have 31 registered members on the Yahoo site now and everyone seems to be having a great time!<br /><br />Don't forget everyone with rowpro that there is a training session on this weekend - all abilities welcome!<br /><br />Steve

[old] leonard

General

Post by [old] leonard » June 8th, 2005, 2:53 am

<!--QuoteBegin-maf+Jun 8 2005, 07:15 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(maf @ Jun 8 2005, 07:15 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi SCIRC!<br /><br />Just a little note to say that I have been devious and emailing Aussies on the annual metres board and asking them to join SCIRC if they have no existing allegiences...<br /><br />Today, Robyn Huttenmeister replied and joined. Her 209,262 has helped push us up to 8th place!...<br /><br />Regards,<br /><br />Michael <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Great work Michael!<br /><br />Might I say what a great honour it is to have Robyn H. on the team - after reading about her efforts some while ago I was inspired to start erging with more purpose!