Concept2 Web Logo

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] c2bill

General

Post by [old] c2bill » March 1st, 2005, 3:08 pm

Thoughts on these two logos? The only difference with the wording. we are considering which one to use on the new c2 website (which you will be able to preview later this week...)<br /><br />Please vote AND comment - looking for feedback...<br /><br /><b>Click to enlarge either logo</b><br /><br />[attachmentid=29]<br />Concept2, The Rowing Company<br /><br /><br />[attachmentid=30]<br />Concept2, Rowing

[old] dadams

General

Post by [old] dadams » March 1st, 2005, 3:11 pm

I personally go for things that are simple. IMHO 'C2 Rowing' flows better than 'C2, The Rowing Company'<br /><br />Dwayne

[old] John Rupp

General

Post by [old] John Rupp » March 1st, 2005, 3:24 pm

I don't like either of them.<br /><br />On a scale of 0 to 10:<br /><br />Current Logo = 8<br />Rowing = 1<br />The Rowing Company = 0<br /><br />Perhaps a more descriptive sub title would add to the logo.<br /><br />"We're the #1 rowing company in the world" etc

[old] malor

General

Post by [old] malor » March 1st, 2005, 3:25 pm

I voted for "the rowing company" because the logo looks more balanced. The other logo looks like this to me <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Concept 2 </span> <span style='font-size:6pt;line-height:100%'>Rowing</span>. To use just Rowing I would place it after the Concept 2 logo with the size closer to that of Concept 2.

[old] akit110

General

Post by [old] akit110 » March 1st, 2005, 3:32 pm

I like "C2 Rowing" - it's a bit more evocative than "C2 the Rowing Company" which borders between sounding too downmarket (only a hair better than "C2 - for all your rowing needs!") and too obvious. <br /><br />I tend to think 'less is more' in these types of things anyway.

[old] TLCoons

General

Post by [old] TLCoons » March 1st, 2005, 3:37 pm

The simplicity of the word 'Rowing' typifies the elegance of your company's product as well as that of your mission.<br /><br />The writer's bible, The Elements of Style, advocates writing with force so that each word serves a distinct purpose. Those that fail the purpose test must go.<br /><br />That said, 'The' and 'Company' don't serve to better define Concept2. 'Rowing' encompasses the beauty of your mission without over-complicating the matter. To fully express what your company stands for with anything other than 'Rowing' would take a dissertation.<br /><br />tink. tink. my two cents.<br />tlc

[old] PaulS

General

Post by [old] PaulS » March 1st, 2005, 5:49 pm

Slight change, since you are apparently wanting to add something that will further define C2 with future customers.<br /><br />"C2 - The Rowing People"<br /><br />Face it, everyone knows C2 is a company, but what everyone finds out after dealing with them is that it's Peter, Dick, Jon, Bill, Scott, Mark, etc... and everyone there does what they can to provide customer service as good as can be found, this leads to the best advertising possible, favorable word of mouth recommendations based on personal experience.<br /><br />Cheers!

[old] psaint

General

Post by [old] psaint » March 1st, 2005, 5:56 pm

I have to go along with PaulS on this one. The machine is great but the people make the company great. I've had my Model B since '87 and every time I have called or emailed C2 the response has been positive. "The Rowing People" gets my vote.<br />-------------------------------------------<br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin-PaulS+Mar 1 2005, 04:49 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(PaulS @ Mar 1 2005, 04:49 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Slight change, since you are apparently wanting to add something that will further define C2 with future customers.<br /><br />"C2 - The Rowing People"<br /><br />Face it, everyone knows C2 is a company, but what everyone finds out after dealing with them is that it's Peter, Dick, Jon, Bill, Scott, Mark, etc... and everyone there does what they can to provide customer service as good as can be found, this leads to the best advertising possible, favorable word of mouth recommendations based on personal experience.<br /><br />Cheers! <br /> </td></tr></table>

[old] DavidA

General

Post by [old] DavidA » March 1st, 2005, 6:13 pm

I also don't care for 'The Rowing Company'. 'Rowing' is okay.<br /><br />David<br />

[old] TomR/the elder

General

Post by [old] TomR/the elder » March 1st, 2005, 6:54 pm

Bill--<br /><br />Of the two "The Rowing Company" seems to promise more, a place that satisfies all your rowing needs: racing uniforms, pogies, whatever. That's not you, is it? You're ergs and oars and nutty forumites.<br /><br /><br />Tom<br />

[old] Steve_R

General

Post by [old] Steve_R » March 1st, 2005, 8:17 pm

I prefer Concept 2:Rowing better but I felt it was missing something.<br /><br />When I think of brands, I tend to look at the message that it sends. I have always been told that the brand should describe who you are, what you do and why is it important. With this in mind and the balance of the graphic, I like PaulS' suggestion, "The Rowing People." In thinking about it briefly, I thought of <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Optima'><b>concept2:ROWING MADE EFFECTIVE</b></span></span><br /><br />My feeling is that you want to describe all the things that make people successful because of your company: leadership, product, technology, people, support. (and yes, Tom, the nutty forumites )<br /><br />My $0.02,<br />Steve

[old] John Rupp

General

Post by [old] John Rupp » March 1st, 2005, 10:36 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-malor+Mar 1 2005, 11:25 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(malor @ Mar 1 2005, 11:25 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->To use just Rowing I would place it after the Concept 2 logo with the size closer to that of Concept 2. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Maybe redesign the logo and put "rowing" inside as a part of it.<br />

[old] c2bill

General

Post by [old] c2bill » March 2nd, 2005, 8:12 am

awesome feedback all! thanks very much for taking the time to comment.<br /><br />yes, i am concerned about "the rowing company" sounding a bit arrogant - and you are correct - we don't make unis, pogies or for that matter... boats.<br /><br />however - in the world of fitness where there are others who make rowing machines - we wanted to distinguish ourselves - hence exploring "the rowing company".<br /><br />bill

[old] Cran

General

Post by [old] Cran » March 2nd, 2005, 8:51 am

'Rowing' says it all... it's simple, it's clean and it covers everything rowing related that Concept2 is involved in.<br /><br />It's also a verb and it implies a philosophy or way of doing something, a lifestyle maybe, as oposed to just another rowing company (of which there are many). Concept2 Rowing is about the people who erg and row as much as it is a supplier of ergos and oars. Do you want to be about rowing? or just another company that makes rowing bits?<br /><br />'The rowing company' to me implies a seperate entity that just makes rowing bits.<br /><br />Keep it simple, clear, and inspirational... Concept2 Rowing

[old] Carbok

General

Post by [old] Carbok » March 2nd, 2005, 9:21 am

Concept2 <br />Rowing<br /><br />Its simple and it says it all.<br /><br />The only other idea I would have is<br /><br />Concept 2<br />Its all about Rowing!