When Will You Peak For Your Fastest Ever 2k ...

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] tomhz

General

Post by [old] tomhz » August 4th, 2004, 6:38 am

Current best is 7:17. I can repeat that now if I really want to <br>For the rest of this year I will take up some serious 2K training and aim for sub 7:10 in the Amsterdam European IRC. I hope to compete as a lightweight by then.<br><br>Dreaming of the magic 7:00 as a 50-year old LWT. 4 years to go. 30 seconds within the world record (compareable with sub 6:10 for a HWT youngster) is good enough for me.. <br><br>Tom<br>

[old] Oaktree

General

Post by [old] Oaktree » August 4th, 2004, 3:42 pm

I have a pb from 6.52,4....<br>I loose some weight now and it's rather difficult for me for break this time..<br><br>I tried last week, but I have a time around 7 minutes round, but it was very very hot at that specific time here in Holland, so that does'nt help!!!<br><br>I tink that I can achieve below 6.50 once, but all circumstances have to be right than....<br><br><br>Grtz

[old] tomhz

General

Post by [old] tomhz » August 5th, 2004, 11:22 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Oaktree+Aug 4 2004, 07:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> (Oaktree @ Aug 4 2004, 07:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <br>I tink that I can achieve below 6.50 once, but all circumstances have to be right than....<br><br><br>Grtz <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br> Henry,<br><br>are you going to compete in Amsterdam (open European) too? Would be nice to meet you there.<br><br>Tom

[old] Oaktree

General

Post by [old] Oaktree » August 6th, 2004, 3:06 pm

Ja Tom ik ben er in ieder geval heel serieus aan het denken om me in te schrijven...<br><br>Maar zoals ik al zei, ik heb een beetje het idee dat ik mijn top al gehad heb op deze afstand.<br>Of ik moet mischien specifiek gaan trainen, dat zal wel helpen..<br>Dat doe ik nu namelijk niet....<br><br><br>Wat is jouw tijd op de 2K?<br><br>Sorry for a bit Dutch on this forum!!!!!<br><br>

[old] John Rupp

General

Post by [old] John Rupp » August 6th, 2004, 7:47 pm

I will go for a faster time in the 2k this fall when the weather cools off.<br><br>My goal is to get under 7:20.<br><br>Based on my speed that might be the fastest I could go, but if my speed improves then maybe 7:16.<br><br>

[old] tomhz

General

Post by [old] tomhz » August 9th, 2004, 3:32 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Oaktree+Aug 6 2004, 07:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> (Oaktree @ Aug 6 2004, 07:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Ja Tom ik ben er in ieder geval heel serieus aan het denken om me in te schrijven...<br><br>Maar zoals ik al zei, ik heb een beetje het idee dat ik mijn top al gehad heb op deze afstand.<br>Of ik moet mischien specifiek gaan trainen, dat zal wel helpen..<br>Dat doe ik nu namelijk niet....<br><br><br>Wat is jouw tijd op de 2K?<br><br>Sorry for a bit Dutch on this forum!!!!! <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br> henry,<br><br>I think (hope...) training specifically for 2K during a few month really helps to achieve your best 2K. I started a 5-month training program to compete in the European Open and that should get me under 7:10. I did an "easy" 2K (I was able to sprint the last 300m@1:45: unusual for me) in 7:20 a month ago. My PB is 7:17 about 18 month ago.<br><br>Good luck. Tom

[old] Roland Baltutis

General

Post by [old] Roland Baltutis » August 10th, 2004, 1:54 am

Probably never. I'm now 43 and have been on a multi-sport training plateau for the last 15 to 20 years. However, that's not a bad thing because the current lot of blokes in their early 40s posting faster times, through unsustainable training, are unlikely to still be there when we are in our 50s.<br><br>My 2K range is between 6.13 to 6.15, and that is without having ever done an ergo shorter than 2Ks. As my current muti-sport routine has been part of my lifestyle for so long and obviously sustainable, I still expect to be within this 6.13 to 6.15 range in my early 50s. I would imagine that the current hot-shots ahead of me would have burn't out by then and moved onto easier lifestyles.<br><br>Keep it smooth, keep it relaxed<br>Roland Baltutis<br>

[old] Jim Barry

General

Post by [old] Jim Barry » August 10th, 2004, 10:55 am

I've been on and off the erg for almost 20 years now and over that time (from age 18 to 38) I've been about 6:50 to 7:10 when I make the effort to train for this ridiculously painful event. Now I'm nearing 40 and I've no indication of slowing and in fact, now that I've finally got a training groove going, I think I'll be my fastest over the coming 3 or 4 years. I may plateau in my 40's, but this is not a bad thing if I can notch my rowing at 6:50 heading into my 50's.

[old] ranger

General

Post by [old] ranger » August 10th, 2004, 4:06 pm

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> </td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->My 2K range is between 6.13 to 6.15, and that is without having ever done an ergo shorter than 2Ks. As my current muti-sport routine has been part of my lifestyle for so long and obviously sustainable, I still expect to be within this 6.13 to 6.15 range in my early 50s. I would imagine that the current hot-shots ahead of me would have burn't out by then and moved onto easier lifestyles.<!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br><br><br>Yep. Most years, 6:14 will win the 50s hwt division at the CRASH-Bs. I can't see this changing much, either, at least until Dwayne is 50 (i.e., 10 years from now), and even Dwayne seems to be settling into a more comfortable lifestyle (i.e., his upcoming marriage this fall).<br><br>Then again, I don't think that 6:15 is impossible for a 50s lwt. I think I will row close to 6:20 this fall . <br><br>Then...<br><br> <br><br>ranger<br><br>P.S. Heck, Roland. You are almost a lightweight yourself.

[old] jacobavera2

General

Post by [old] jacobavera2 » August 27th, 2004, 4:54 pm

hi I've led a fairly seditary life style I've only been working out for about 2 weeks<br>I'm at 2:30 500<br>so 2k at 10 min<br>but I'm hoping to get to 8 min or 7 min<br>expect a post when I do