Dwayne Posted As Missing In Action

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] george nz

Competitions

Post by [old] george nz » February 26th, 2006, 3:29 pm

Chad you have been given the go ahead by Dwayne (which you said was the only thing you needed) just put up your 'proof' and let others then be the judge. <br /><br />Pretty simple really, what is the hold up if you have no doubts as to its veracity. But as others have said it will need to be incontrovertable not innuendo.<br /><br />George

[old] John Rupp

Competitions

Post by [old] John Rupp » February 26th, 2006, 4:48 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57270:date=Feb 26 2006, 06:08 PM:name=Chad Williams)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Feb 26 2006, 06:08 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quotec-->Seat5<br />If you do the next CTC challenge without slides like everyone else, do you think you will fair as well?<br /><br />You could always just make up a time if someone does better than you.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><!--quoteo(post=57282:date=Feb 26 2006, 11:06 AM:name=seat5)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(seat5 @ Feb 26 2006, 11:06 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quotec-->Probably not. I have no idea who's doing that on slides and who isn't; I do almost all of my rowing on slides, because it's safer for my back, and if they are ranked pieces, it says so if you click it. It is possible that other rowers doing the CTC are also using slides. Just recently Daren posted that he thought everyone should do the challenges without them. If that becomes part of the rules I'd adhere to it. Until then, it's perfectly acceptable to use slides. </td></tr></table><br /><br />Well bloody H***.<br /><br />You posted about your 1:58 pace for 6k on here a horrenduous number of times the last few months and, on the posts that I saw, NOT ONCE DID YOU SAY YOU HAD DONE IT ON SLIDES.<br /><br />I had mistakenly believed what you said, and thought that was a pretty good row. <br /><br />NOW I CHECK THE RANKINGS AND YOU DID IT ON SLIDES!!<br /><br />Rowing on slides is legal according to C2, so I have no issue that you did the time on slides, and gained the 2 to 3 second advantage for your weight.<br /><br />BUT AT LEAST HAVE THE HONESTY AND INTEGRITY TO DISCLOSE THE TIME WAS ON SLIDES.

[old] seat5

Competitions

Post by [old] seat5 » February 26th, 2006, 5:01 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57295:date=Feb 26 2006, 08:48 PM:name=John Rupp)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John Rupp @ Feb 26 2006, 08:48 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quoteo(post=57270:date=Feb 26 2006, 06:08 PM:name=Chad Williams)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Feb 26 2006, 06:08 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quotec-->Seat5<br />If you do the next CTC challenge without slides like everyone else, do you think you will fair as well?<br /><br />You could always just make up a time if someone does better than you.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><!--quoteo(post=57282:date=Feb 26 2006, 11:06 AM:name=seat5)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(seat5 @ Feb 26 2006, 11:06 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quotec-->Probably not. I have no idea who's doing that on slides and who isn't; I do almost all of my rowing on slides, because it's safer for my back, and if they are ranked pieces, it says so if you click it. It is possible that other rowers doing the CTC are also using slides. Just recently Daren posted that he thought everyone should do the challenges without them. If that becomes part of the rules I'd adhere to it. Until then, it's perfectly acceptable to use slides. </td></tr></table><br /><br />Well bloody H***.<br /><br />You posted about your 1:58 pace for 6k on here a horrenduous number of times the last few months and, on the posts that I saw, NOT ONCE DID YOU SAY YOU HAD DONE IT ON SLIDES.<br /><br />I had mistakenly believed what you said, and thought that was a pretty good row. <br /><br />NOW I CHECK THE RANKINGS AND YOU DID IT ON SLIDES!!<br /><br />Rowing on slides is legal according to C2, so I have no issue that you did the time on slides, and gained the 2 to 3 second advantage for your weight.<br /><br />BUT AT LEAST HAVE THE HONESTY AND INTEGRITY TO DISCLOSE THE TIME WAS ON SLIDES.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I've said any number of times all over the forum that I do almost all of my rowing on slides. It's never been a secret. <br /><br />I do it because it is really better for my lower back, which is very prone to injury.<br /><br />Interestingly enough, I have had alternating PBs on long rows, (the same distance as each other) one day with slides, a few days later, without. I specifically remember that happening last season with the 10K.** So I don't feel it's really an advantage. It tends to make me rate higher. But, I did the 30 R 20 also on slides, and I do Level 4 workouts, when I do them, on slides, as well. On restricted rate workouts it's almost a disadvantage. Other folks have told me they didn't think they could even do a 300m all out thrash on slides without banging the ends. <br /><br />I believe the jury is still out on whether it's supposed to be an advantage or not to row on slides. <br /><br />With out without slides, it was still a good row--for me.<br /><br />I've never tried to mislead anyone about it. Sorry you're all upset.<br /><br />**I just looked this up and found in my log that it wasn't the 10K, it was 500m. So much for my memory. The 500m I ranked last year was done without slides, a few days after doing one just a tad slower with slides. Also my 30 min last year was a better distance without slides than with.

[old] Polaco

Competitions

Post by [old] Polaco » February 26th, 2006, 5:43 pm

Are we going to have 'the proof' mbefore going to bed?? (Spanish Time)<br /><br />C'mon Chad, we're waiting!!!!!

[old] hennmart

Competitions

Post by [old] hennmart » February 26th, 2006, 7:06 pm

Let see that proof.

[old] mpukita

Competitions

Post by [old] mpukita » February 26th, 2006, 7:14 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57283:date=Feb 26 2006, 02:09 PM:name=dadams)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(dadams @ Feb 26 2006, 02:09 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Go ahead Carla...tell him you did the 300m in relay fashion. In fact you and I were in on it together. There, I said it. I did my part here in Phoenix, and then Carla took over half way through in Boston.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />And I was pushing them both from behind, by way of Dublin/Columbus!!!

[old] mpukita

Competitions

Post by [old] mpukita » February 26th, 2006, 7:27 pm

John's on this slide kick ... again.<br /><br />I can tell you, and I use them, that slides don't do s%$t for your times ... especially at high rate, high pace ... they can kill you if you have one bad stroke ... banging like nobody's business. <br /><br />John can say all he wants about slide times vs. non-slide times ... I'm willing to bet a pure mechanical analysis (I'd do it, but my engineering mechanics analysis skills are too dated) will show this. There is no way energy can be added to the system, so any excess "speed" would be bled off in the interface between slides and rollers ... it might even make one slower on slides.<br /><br />I believe that if you train on slides, it's harder, it requires more small motor movement muscle control. When you take the erg off slides, it feels like more power gets to the erg easier, and makes the piece easier (or faster).<br /><br /><!--quoteo(post=57313:date=Feb 26 2006, 06:06 PM:name=hennmart)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(hennmart @ Feb 26 2006, 06:06 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Let see that proof.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />My bet, there is no proof. Period. It's all bulls%$t. Just like before.

[old] John Rupp

Competitions

Post by [old] John Rupp » February 26th, 2006, 7:37 pm

Mark,<br /><br />How much can you bet?<br /><br />I can always use some more income, so please get back to me on this as soon as you can.

[old] mpukita

Competitions

Post by [old] mpukita » February 26th, 2006, 7:49 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57321:date=Feb 26 2006, 06:37 PM:name=John Rupp)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John Rupp @ Feb 26 2006, 06:37 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Mark,<br /><br />How much can you bet?<br /><br />I can always use some more income, so please get back to me on this as soon as you can.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I wouldn't want to take your money John ... it wouldn't be right ...

[old] John Rupp

Competitions

Post by [old] John Rupp » February 26th, 2006, 7:59 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57325:date=Feb 26 2006, 03:49 PM:name=mpukita)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Feb 26 2006, 03:49 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quotec-->I wouldn't want to take your money John ... it wouldn't be right ...<br /> </td></tr></table><br />Mark,<br /><br />Of course it wouldn't.<br /><br />But I will be glad to take yours. :D <br />

[old] Ikabob

Competitions

Post by [old] Ikabob » February 26th, 2006, 8:03 pm

This would be a great discussion for "Live Chat". Don't you think?

[old] Stretch

Competitions

Post by [old] Stretch » February 26th, 2006, 9:00 pm

Here's a goddamn scandal for you -- warm Sam Adams $6.50 a pop at the C2 reception last night.<br /><br />Where's Chad gone now? It looked for a moment there as if this circle jerk might be reaching some sort of a climax.

[old] george nz

Competitions

Post by [old] george nz » February 26th, 2006, 10:06 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57331:date=Feb 27 2006, 02:00 PM:name=Stretch)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Stretch @ Feb 27 2006, 02:00 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>.... this circle jerk might be reaching some sort of a climax....<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />This might have summed Chad up ... tho we would have abbreviated it down to one word W****** .... <br /><br />I doubt Chad is going to front with anything, as that would require him to back up his accusations with fact (sounds like someone else who doesn't it believe in doing that).<br /><br />Dwayne is man enough to stand his ground (as he has been all along) and say 'lay it all out', but is Chad man enough to take up that challenge. <br /><br />George<br />

[old] John Rupp

Competitions

Post by [old] John Rupp » February 26th, 2006, 10:39 pm

George,<br /><br />Can you tell me Dwayne's time at the Crash-B's this weekend?<br /><br />I checked the standings down to 51st place and 7:51 but didn't see his name listed.<br /><br />Maybe he took the wrong plane? Or couldn't find Boston?

[old] mpukita

Competitions

Post by [old] mpukita » February 26th, 2006, 10:48 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57341:date=Feb 26 2006, 09:39 PM:name=John Rupp)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John Rupp @ Feb 26 2006, 09:39 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>George,<br /><br />Can you tell me Dwayne's time at the Crash-B's this weekend?<br /><br />I checked the standings down to 51st place and 7:51 but didn't see his name listed.<br /><br />Maybe he took the wrong plane? Or couldn't find Boston?<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />John:<br /><br />He was on your flight, and raced in the mens open class with you ... he was on the erg next to you, didn't you see him?<br /><br />-- Mark<br /><br /><!--quoteo(post=57331:date=Feb 26 2006, 08:00 PM:name=Stretch)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Stretch @ Feb 26 2006, 08:00 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Here's a goddamn scandal for you -- warm Sam Adams $6.50 a pop at the C2 reception last night.<br /> </td></tr></table><br />Scandalous ... outrageous ... but there are plenty of good pubs in Boston ... someone should have led a parade down the street to one of 'em.