Ranger - News To Shock

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] seat5

Competitions

Post by [old] seat5 » January 31st, 2006, 12:35 am

Ah, some more good sportsmanship...Let's all hit the guy when he's down!

[old] george nz

Competitions

Post by [old] george nz » January 31st, 2006, 2:30 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Taylor Miller+Jan 31 2006, 05:27 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Taylor Miller @ Jan 31 2006, 05:27 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->George……….<br />Talent?<br />What is talent? <b>.... deleted the extraneous crap in the middle of this post ....</b><br />Ranger – we miss your talent!<br /><br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I stand by what I said, from what I understand of Rangers achievements in the past he has prodigious talent. <br /><br />I dont like how he conducts himself but I am willing to respect the achievements if not the person. I dont know where he has disappeared to but I have just spoken to someone who was there at the race and watched him warm-up and it sounds like Ranger to all over, all sweat and excess.<br /><br />Would I like him to fail, to be honest a part of me says yes, as I like to see any blowhard fall into the hole they dig themselves, but none of us are without fault and I am old enough to know I have many. On the flip side if he left 6:30 in the dust I would be (i hope) quick to praise the achievement if not the method it was arrived at,<br /><br />You Taylor I think are just a 'poor' person who has only now decided to 'stick the knife in', at least to my credit or not I have come to blows with Ranger face to face and I bear him no grudges and to Rangers credit would guess that he feels the same.<br /><br />George

[old] John Rupp

Competitions

Post by [old] John Rupp » January 31st, 2006, 3:24 am

I enjoy Rich's messages, am 100% with him to keep on succeeding, and I'm confident that he will continue to do so.<br /><br />Good for you, Rich.

[old] John Rupp

Competitions

Post by [old] John Rupp » January 31st, 2006, 3:26 am

Pommy and Taylor have that same familiar "faulty return key" on their keyboard.<br /><br />Curious, isn't it.

[old] Taylor Miller

Competitions

Post by [old] Taylor Miller » January 31st, 2006, 4:53 am

Yes George. You are far more tactful that me. I plink away at the keyboard<br />with a great smile on my face, enjoying my chance to “knock” the guy who<br />manages to “knock” anyone or everyone he can. I like your posts because you<br />grab all the Ranger quotes from the past, compare them with the quotes of the<br />present, even from other forums, and then jam them down Ranger’s throat. A<br />bigger grin crosses my face as I read yours. You make him literally<br />“eat his words”.<br />I’m not so tactful. I’m a 50’s lightweight and trying hard to break <br />the 7 min 2k barrier. As far as I’m concerned that makes <br />me a pretty reasonable athlete. But to be honest, I’d like to share more<br />with others on how to go about going sub 7 on the forum – have for<br />a while – but what stops me is the “Ranger influence”. There’s not<br />much going on with forum posts with his age group – every noticed?<br />Ever thought why?<br />I’m not so stupid that I don’t recognize that <br />Ranger is obviously an elite athlete. His WR’s prove that. <br />But if someone is going to bombard us everyday of the year<br />about how good he is, and how much other great athletes don’t compare<br />much with what he’s doing, and how the WR in his age and division is<br />just a “froth” of an effort – then when he turns up to make his point – he<br />better do so.<br />Here’s a last thought. If all the forum readers where invited to a fun paint<br />ball battle – given a gun with 10 paint balls to fire – who would <br />you unload on?? I’m prepared to be honest. Five for Ranger and five for<br />Johnny “slides” Rupp!!!.<br />

[old] cbrock

Competitions

Post by [old] cbrock » January 31st, 2006, 4:53 am

<!--QuoteBegin-John Rupp+Jan 31 2006, 03:24 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John Rupp @ Jan 31 2006, 03:24 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I enjoy Rich's messages, am 100% with him to keep on succeeding, and I'm confident that he will continue to do so.<br /><br />Good for you, Rich.  <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Well said John.<br /><br />You gotta love the guy for backing himself like he does.<br /><br />It's like all former champions we want them to reach the top of the mountain, just one more time.<br /><br />Ali, McEnroe they all talked the talk and you either loved them or hated them.<br /><br />The jury is still out. Lets wait and see what Rich has to say.<br /><br />Could be a panic attack, injury who knows.<br /><br />Like John, I want him to come back and do his thing.<br /><br />And if he did simply throw in the towel, well so what.<br /><br />At least he HAS been a World Champion.<br /><br />It will be an even bigger occasion next time when he fronts again.<br /><br />And if he succeeds it will be even sweeter for him.<br /><br />Look forward to reading your messages again Rich.<br /><br />Best Wishes,<br />Chris<br /><br />

[old] ancho

Competitions

Post by [old] ancho » January 31st, 2006, 9:02 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Taylor Miller+Jan 31 2006, 09:53 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Taylor Miller @ Jan 31 2006, 09:53 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->...<br />Here’s a last thought. If all the forum readers where invited to a fun paint<br />ball battle – given a gun with 10 paint balls to fire – who would <br />you unload on?? I’m prepared to be honest. Five for Ranger and five for<br />Johnny “slides” Rupp!!!. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />And none for Chad (Williams)?? <br />

[old] hjs

Competitions

Post by [old] hjs » January 31st, 2006, 9:15 am

Ranger is back but had gone to a new regime:<br /><br />Rowing without rowing .....and without posting. <br /><br />Or is he thinking about a story how his race went. If so it could become a very longgggggggggggggg tale<br /><br />

[old] Chad Williams

Competitions

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 31st, 2006, 9:18 am

<!--QuoteBegin-ancho+Jan 31 2006, 08:02 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(ancho @ Jan 31 2006, 08:02 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Taylor Miller+Jan 31 2006, 09:53 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Taylor Miller @ Jan 31 2006, 09:53 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->...<br />Here’s a last thought. If all the forum readers where invited to a fun paint<br />ball battle – given a gun with 10 paint balls to fire – who would <br />you unload on?? I’m prepared to be honest. Five for Ranger and five for<br />Johnny “slides” Rupp!!!. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />And none for Chad (Williams)?? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Chad just fights for justice. Some people don’t want to hear the truth, but as they say……..the truth is out there!! and Chad will bring it to you.

[old] mpukita

Competitions

Post by [old] mpukita » January 31st, 2006, 10:28 am

Yeah, right, whatever ... a justice fighter who won't disclose his identity ... we'll need to start calling you Zoro ...

[old] Chad Williams

Competitions

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 31st, 2006, 10:44 am

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 31 2006, 09:28 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 31 2006, 09:28 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Yeah, right, whatever ... a justice fighter who won't disclose his identity ... we'll need to start calling you Zoro ... <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I am Chad Williams, how is that hiding my identity? I am 6’ 7” tall and weigh 110Kg what more do you need to know?<br /><br />You just don’t like it because I don’t post any of my times on the rankings, so you think I am hiding something.<br />I do not have to post any of my times. If I did, I can not prove them which goes against what I believe.<br /><br /><br />

[old] Ray79

Competitions

Post by [old] Ray79 » January 31st, 2006, 10:50 am

Oh Jesus................Here we go again..........

[old] TomR/the elder

Competitions

Post by [old] TomR/the elder » January 31st, 2006, 10:53 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Taylor Miller+Jan 31 2006, 03:53 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Taylor Miller @ Jan 31 2006, 03:53 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I’m a 50’s lightweight and trying hard to break <br />the 7 min 2k barrier.  I’d like to share more<br />with others on how to go about going sub 7 on the forum [right] <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Taylor--<br /><br />If you started a 50 lw thread, you might find some interested Forumites. I can think of a couple who, like you, are 50+, skinny, and close to 7 min. Maybe they'll join in, maybe not. Maybe an old heavy, like myself, will jump in. <br /><br />By the way, you might trying searching Bayko's posts. Last spring (I think) he posted his training plan. He's 56+/-, definitely a lw, and sub-7.<br /><br />As for the Great Self Admirer, he has his own thread, both here and on the UK site, so don't let him deter you from starting a conversaton that matters to you. <br /><br />Tom

[old] 1xx

Competitions

Post by [old] 1xx » January 31st, 2006, 11:07 am

Ok here is my theory with Ranger - <br /><br />Looking back at his long list of incredible workouts it occurs to me that he never talks about really going 100% for an extended period of time. His famous breaks are a reflection of this.... <br /><br />Maybe he has lost the ability to row with the pain - he is so used to resting, or working out for very long period of times, he may have just lost the edge to work through when the body starts to protest. Note, I am talking "good" pain here, not injuries.<br /><br />Just a thought, though 200 meters is not far enough to feel the real hurt, he may have started getting some burn in the legs and just couldn't handle it.<br /><br />Or maybe he just choked. <br /><br />

[old] Delilah

Competitions

Post by [old] Delilah » January 31st, 2006, 11:25 am

Although Ranger will occasionally say something that is breathtakingly confrontational I have always thought of him as 'the real deal'<br />I don't particularly think of him as a person naturally endowed with great physical prowess I see him as someone who has reached a very high standard through a programme of training that is ferocious in both volume and intensity. I have always had more regard for those who achieve great things by dint of hard work and application and so I find these qualities intensely admirable.<br /><br />I think he is now having to come to terms with the brutal realisation that a better stroke is not necessarily 'better' for a competitive 2K unless the delivery boy can handle the increased energy demands of the stroke.<br />This does not mean that he cannot adapt and return to a style that focusses less on SPI and if he does I think he will still be a formidable opponent.<br />I for one am hopeful that he is merely taking some time out to 'lick his wounds' both mental and physical and will return to the fray in a matter of days.<br /><br />Hope to see you soon Rich<br />D