Crash-b Challenge

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] DavidA

Competitions

Post by [old] DavidA » February 26th, 2006, 12:43 am

I wasn't sure if I was going to able to get one in, since I had to wait until the Sabbath was over. (As well as all my post Sabbath chores :( ) I finally got to row at 11:30 p.m. in the basement.<br /><br />7:26.9 :cry: <br />45 y, 67 kg<br /><br />David<br />

[old] mimitap

Competitions

Post by [old] mimitap » February 26th, 2006, 12:56 am

<!--quoteo(post=57155:date=Feb 25 2006, 05:42 PM:name=mpukita)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Feb 25 2006, 05:42 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>For me, a <b>7:19.0 PB </b> (LW) at the Midwest Championship Erg Sprints, <br /><br />[snip]<br /><br />Thanks again to my daughter Katie for coxing me. Her exhortations during the final 200 meters were needed and essential ... it was a painful experience.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Congratulations Mark on the PB! And how terrific that you did it with Katie's help!!<br /><br />Marie

[old] hennmart

Competitions

Post by [old] hennmart » February 26th, 2006, 7:53 am

Nice one Mark; well done!<br /><br />Hennie

[old] mumbles

Competitions

Post by [old] mumbles » February 26th, 2006, 9:49 am

Sorry guys been OTW all weekend (at last), best i could manage was a 2k warmup at r24 this morning, damper 8, 6:51. Hope to try another 2k within the next month, properly this time though. Question for all th pros out there, where should i have the damper/drag set to break 6:25 (my target)?<br />Big congrats on the new pb Mark :D .<br /><br />Owen

[old] cbrock

Competitions

Post by [old] cbrock » February 26th, 2006, 10:30 am

[quote name='mpukita' date='Feb 26 2006, 06:42 AM' post='57155']<br />For me, a <b>7:19.0 PB </b> (LW) at the Midwest Championship Erg Sprints, which were held at the Ohio State University in the new Recreation and Physical Activity Center - RPAC for short. I know I'm a loyal alumni, but the facilty is amazing. <br /><br />Mark,<br />I missed this in all the excitement staying up late for the WIRC.<br /><br />Must admit I thought you were being adventurous stating you were going for a sub 7:20 some time ago.<br /><br />Really excellent effort in such a short time.<br /><br />Stop fighting all those battles, get the extra training in and enjoy the sweet taste of your PB.<br /><br />Just promise me you WILL do something about your other distances. <br /><br />That 10k is just waiting to be smashed.<br /><br />Congrats again.<br /><br />Chris<br /><br />

[old] mpukita

Competitions

Post by [old] mpukita » February 26th, 2006, 11:10 am

<!--quoteo(post=57233:date=Feb 26 2006, 09:30 AM:name=cbrock)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(cbrock @ Feb 26 2006, 09:30 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quoteo(post=57155:date=Feb 26 2006, 06:42 AM:name=mpukita)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Feb 26 2006, 06:42 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>For me, a <b>7:19.0 PB </b> (LW) at the Midwest Championship Erg Sprints, which were held at the Ohio State University in the new Recreation and Physical Activity Center - RPAC for short. I know I'm a loyal alumni, but the facilty is amazing. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Mark,<br />I missed this in all the excitement staying up late for the WIRC.<br /><br />Must admit I thought you were being adventurous stating you were going for a sub 7:20 some time ago.<br /><br />Really excellent effort in such a short time.<br /><br />Stop fighting all those battles, get the extra training in and enjoy the sweet taste of your PB.<br /><br />Just promise me you WILL do something about your other distances. <br /><br />That 10k is just waiting to be smashed.<br /><br />Congrats again.<br /><br />Chris<br /> </td></tr></table><br />Thanks Chris ... there's no question that I had delusions of grandeur when I first started last May ... thinking maybe sub-7, as a LW, was doable this season. Bill Moore quickly but kindly disabused me of that target, which I now know was outrageous. I settled back to minimally breaking 7:20, with 7:15 as the modified target by EOS. I have one race left next weekend, but another 4 seconds will be quite a challenge ... we'll see. For the first time, I can say that there was nothing left in the tank yesterday ... and for the first time I actually picked up the pace the last 200M ... had never done that before in a 2K race.<br /><br />After next weekend, I'll take some cracks at the other distances. I will admit that I prefer the pain of a 2K -- short and sweet -- over the less acute pain of a 10K for time -- to me it's like water torture ... you feel every stroke <b>and </b> have time (and consciousness) to think about it. Maybe I need to read a few sports psychology books along the way.

[old] mpukita

Competitions

Post by [old] mpukita » February 26th, 2006, 11:25 am

<!--quoteo(post=57197:date=Feb 25 2006, 10:51 PM:name=bmoore)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(bmoore @ Feb 25 2006, 10:51 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Mark,<br /><br />Awesome job with the sub 7:20. I think that was your stretch goal a few months ago when I was still in training. I'll get back on the saddle soon and will look for you in some more Sandbagger's races. (I'm almost finished with that other project. 3/13 should be the closing date. Way too much time with lawyers right now.)<br /><br />Bill<br /> </td></tr></table><br />Bill:<br /><br />Thanks ... you were the one who helped me get more realistic on this season's target, based on your experience ... thanks for that.<br /><br />We'll absolutely have to do the online race series again this summer. It was a blast. I just think we need a LW division!<br /><br /> :D <br /><br />Been there with sales/purchases and the legal process. It's expensive, required, and torturous.<br /><br />Good luck with the transaction. Hope you get it closed as planned. Then, maybe we'll see you online again!<br /><br />Regards ... Mark

[old] Citroen

Competitions

Post by [old] Citroen » February 26th, 2006, 3:11 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57229:date=Feb 26 2006, 01:49 PM:name=mumbles)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mumbles @ Feb 26 2006, 01:49 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Question for all the pros out there, where should I have the damper/drag set to break 6:25 (my target)?<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Owen, set it by drag factor not the damper. You want to be rowing on 135 drag.<br />

[old] mumbles

Competitions

Post by [old] mumbles » February 26th, 2006, 3:14 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57284:date=Feb 26 2006, 02:11 PM:name=Citroen)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Citroen @ Feb 26 2006, 02:11 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quoteo(post=57229:date=Feb 26 2006, 01:49 PM:name=mumbles)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mumbles @ Feb 26 2006, 01:49 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Question for all the pros out there, where should I have the damper/drag set to break 6:25 (my target)?<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Owen, set it by drag factor not the damper. You want to be rowing on 135 drag.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Thanks v much!<br /><br />oWEN

[old] Snajo

Competitions

Post by [old] Snajo » February 26th, 2006, 11:29 pm

Sorry, I didn't row like I agreed. bad bad bad! :cry:<br /><br />Don't blame me, blame my mountain bike! :? ??<br /><br />It took me 7:48 to row a 2k on Friday. Not only am I slow, but I have no idea how to pace myself for something like that. Almost all the rows in my log have average times of 2:10, whether I rowed 5k or 20k. <br /><br />Thanks for having this! I appreciate it, despite myself.<br /><br /><br />Anyway... redemption shall me mine! or something...

[old] Citroen

Competitions

Post by [old] Citroen » February 27th, 2006, 6:54 am

<!--quoteo(post=57346:date=Feb 27 2006, 03:29 AM:name=Snajo)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Snajo @ Feb 27 2006, 03:29 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Don't blame me, blame my mountain bike! :? ??<br /><br />It took me 7:48 to row a 2k on Friday. Not only am I slow, but I have no idea how to pace myself for something like that. Almost all the rows in my log have average times of 2:10, whether I rowed 5k or 20k. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Come on, fess up what's the mountain bike got to do with it?<br /><br />Jason, give us some more stats we may be able to help get you rowing better times. What stroke rate are you doing? What training are you doing? Have you tried strapless? Or strapless 10 metres per stroke?<br /><br />Have you had the machines at your gym cleaned yet?<br /><br />Model C<br /><a href="http://www.concept2.com/05/rower/servic ... _clean.pdf" target="_blank">http://www.concept2.com/05/rower/servic ... pdf</a><br /><br />Model D<br /><a href="http://www.concept2.com/05/rower/servic ... om0106.pdf" target="_blank">http://www.concept2.com/05/rower/servic ... 106.pdf</a>

[old] mpukita

Competitions

Post by [old] mpukita » February 27th, 2006, 10:10 pm

FINAL (ALMOST) RESULTS AT:<br /><br /><a href="http://www.fastswitch.com/virtualcrashb.htm" target="_blank">http://www.fastswitch.com/virtualcrashb.htm</a><br /><br />Please let me know if this page is viewable. This is my company web site, but I'm no web guru like some of you cats.<br /><br />Also, Chris Davis, did you row mate?<br /><br />Thanks to all who rowed. Next year -- 100 participants.<br /><br />Regards ... Mark

[old] Jef

Competitions

Post by [old] Jef » February 28th, 2006, 1:04 am

It looks good Mark.<br /><br />Thanks on all your efforts there. :)

[old] ancho

Competitions

Post by [old] ancho » February 28th, 2006, 7:24 am

Great work, Mark, thanx VERY MUCH!<br />Only open wish: could you include the time of the official crash-b winner for each actergory (I know, it's easy to ask...)<br /><br />Keep it on, meet ya next year!

[old] mumbles

Competitions

Post by [old] mumbles » February 28th, 2006, 7:40 am

Awesome job Mark mate, this is definatley one for future years! :D