Crash-b Challenge

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] hennmart

Competitions

Post by [old] hennmart » February 25th, 2006, 6:59 am

<!--quoteo(post=57055:date=Feb 25 2006, 11:01 AM:name=Polaco)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Polaco @ Feb 25 2006, 11:01 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>OK online race this morning with Hennie and Jeff (Ancho has had tech problems)<br /><br />6:36.5 (two seconds above my PB :? )<br /><br /><br />Good luck to everybody<br /> </td></tr></table><br />It was a good race. I did a 6:45.0. I was glad with this result.<br /><br />After the 2k and 2k c/d Jaime and I did a 10k :D <br /><br />Hennie

[old] Jef

Competitions

Post by [old] Jef » February 25th, 2006, 7:25 am

Fully enjoyed it although I did freeze my butt off in our cold concervatory while we spent 25 minutes getting it working :? <br /><br />Hands and feet numb :( <br /><br />07:11.5 ooooh mama! a bit slow (well, 3.5 secs under my very recent PB) but not blaming it on the cold or the delay, I just need to get a grip with the training.<br /><br />Glad I didn't fly to Boston to put THAT performance in :D <br /><br />Thanks Jamie and Hennie, good fun.

[old] mpukita

Competitions

Post by [old] mpukita » February 25th, 2006, 8:27 am

<!--quoteo(post=57039:date=Feb 24 2006, 08:38 PM:name=gw1)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(gw1 @ Feb 24 2006, 08:38 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>I'll do one for the Fat Boyz RC! It'll have to be late, we have a 10 and under baseball tournament over the weekend!<br />40HW division!<br /><br />FB1<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />FB1:<br /><br />Got ya ... thanks.<br /><br />LW1<br /><br /><br /><!--quoteo(post=57059:date=Feb 25 2006, 06:25 AM:name=Jef)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Jef @ Feb 25 2006, 06:25 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Fully enjoyed it although I did freeze my butt off in our cold concervatory while we spent 25 minutes getting it working :? <br /><br />Hands and feet numb :( <br /><br />07:11.5 ooooh mama! a bit slow (well, 3.5 secs under my very recent PB) but not blaming it on the cold or the delay, I just need to get a grip with the training.<br /><br />Glad I didn't fly to Boston to put THAT performance in :D <br /><br />Thanks Jamie and Hennie, good fun.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I've got all 3 of you ... good work ... with one PB ... congrats Jef!<br /><br />Now up to 20 entrants ...

[old] hennmart

Competitions

Post by [old] hennmart » February 25th, 2006, 8:45 am

<!--quoteo--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quotec--> I've got all 3 of you ... good work ... with one PB ... congrats Jef!<br /><br />Now up to 20 entrants ...<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />OK

[old] morbeck

Competitions

Post by [old] morbeck » February 25th, 2006, 10:19 am

Just finished my "virtual" Crash-b.<br /><br />PR of 7:52:7 - 42y/HW previous PR 7:58:3 rowed yesterday (my first 2K - have had the C2 for a week).<br /><br />I tried to do an internet race with others - saw there was at least one listed yesterday - but none listed this morning when I checked. I set one up and raced it - kind of fun. Looking forward to finding others to erow with!<br /><br />Thanks for initiating this, Mark! :) <br /><br />Dean

[old] Citroen

Competitions

Post by [old] Citroen » February 25th, 2006, 1:28 pm

Rowed with Paul Tulk in Basingstoke this morning.<br /><br />7.01.7 for me<br />7:15.9 for Paul

[old] Jbro

Competitions

Post by [old] Jbro » February 25th, 2006, 3:09 pm

<br /><br />10:49 <br /><br /><br /> :D :roll: <br />

[old] gw1

Competitions

Post by [old] gw1 » February 25th, 2006, 4:34 pm

FB1 did 6:25.8, now off for some BBQ!<br />

[old] mpukita

Competitions

Post by [old] mpukita » February 25th, 2006, 6:32 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57128:date=Feb 25 2006, 03:34 PM:name=gw1)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(gw1 @ Feb 25 2006, 03:34 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>FB1 did 6:25.8, now off for some BBQ!<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Carolina, Texas, or Kansas City style?<br /><br />Ummm ... ummm ... good ... for the soul ... but <b>not </b> for the heart!

[old] mpukita

Competitions

Post by [old] mpukita » February 25th, 2006, 6:42 pm

For me, a <b>7:19.0 PB </b> (LW) at the Midwest Championship Erg Sprints, which were held at the Ohio State University in the new Recreation and Physical Activity Center - RPAC for short. I know I'm a loyal alumni, but the facilty is amazing. See:<br /><br />www.osu.edu/features/2005/rpac/<br /><br />Brand spanking new, fully outfitted with the latest and greatest equipment our tax dollars can provide, and lots of space. Very well designed and turned out.<br /><br />A well run event with a TON of junior competitors as well as college/university teams ... and 14 Masters entrants ... so a nice showing.<br /><br />Thanks again to my daughter Katie for coxing me. Her exhortations during the final 200 meters were needed and essential ... it was a painful experience.

[old] Krysta Coleman

Competitions

Post by [old] Krysta Coleman » February 25th, 2006, 6:49 pm

I am a bit under the weather and starving, and was tempted to give it a pass. But then I was inspired enough by watching the live Crash-B webcast to pull a virtual one anyway. 7:43.6, about 6 seconds slower than my PB but I am happy enough under the circumstances. For the record, I am still heavyweight by 2 lbs.

[old] ancho

Competitions

Post by [old] ancho » February 25th, 2006, 8:07 pm

Suppose today wasn't my 2k-day.<br />Had scheduled an online race this morning.<br />My three kids woke up earlier than usual, so there was lots of expectation in the living room, but rowpro connection didn't work properly, so I had to pass after several attempts to race with Jef, Hennie and Polaco.<br />Then, full program: picnic and 'rua de carnaval' with the kids, so just got to the erg at about 23:45.<br />Short warmup, and start just before midnight.<br />Got off too fast, then both pace boats pulled away, and paid the bill with a rather agonic 2k to finish at <b>7:05,2</b>; 13 sec above my PB! :x <br />Hope to get to work rowpro before next crash-b, it really wasn't the race I meant to have!<br />Only good thing is to race with the samba-carnival sound in the background :D <br /><br />Congrats to all for your times!

[old] gw1

Competitions

Post by [old] gw1 » February 25th, 2006, 9:49 pm

<!--quoteo--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quotec-->Carolina, Texas, or Kansas City style? </td></tr></table> <br /><br />Aussie! :D <br /><br />

[old] mimitap

Competitions

Post by [old] mimitap » February 25th, 2006, 11:34 pm

My daughter and I watched most of the races today - very exciting and inspiring.<br /><br />Then Roz headed to the basement, put on a Michael Buble DVD and did her 2,000. A PB of 8:32.9. bettering her previous by 22.1! :) <br /><br />Later I did my 2,000, with Michael in the DVD (figured if it worked for her, it might work for me). A PB of 9:04.7, bettering my previous by 34.3! Looks like those half-marathons have helped the shorter distances. :roll: <br /><br />Mark - Thank you for looking after this. It was was fun. <br /><br />Marie

[old] bmoore

Competitions

Post by [old] bmoore » February 25th, 2006, 11:51 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57155:date=Feb 25 2006, 05:42 PM:name=mpukita)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Feb 25 2006, 05:42 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>For me, a <b>7:19.0 PB </b> (LW) at the Midwest Championship Erg Sprints, which were held at the Ohio State University in the new Recreation and Physical Activity Center - RPAC for short. I know I'm a loyal alumni, but the facilty is amazing. See:<br /><br />www.osu.edu/features/2005/rpac/<br /><br />Brand spanking new, fully outfitted with the latest and greatest equipment our tax dollars can provide, and lots of space. Very well designed and turned out.<br /><br />A well run event with a TON of junior competitors as well as college/university teams ... and 14 Masters entrants ... so a nice showing.<br /><br />Thanks again to my daughter Katie for coxing me. Her exhortations during the final 200 meters were needed and essential ... it was a painful experience.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Mark,<br /><br />Awesome job with the sub 7:20. I think that was your stretch goal a few months ago when I was still in training. I'll get back on the saddle soon and will look for you in some more Sandbagger's races. (I'm almost finished with that other project. 3/13 should be the closing date. Way too much time with lawyers right now.)<br /><br />Bill