Forum Flyers

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] TomR/the elder

Competitions

Post by [old] TomR/the elder » December 29th, 2005, 1:56 pm

What ever happened to the Forum Flyers, once the mightest online team of them all? Beset by defectors, the Flyers are about to become a mere also ran. Is there any chance for us to compete in the upcoming virtual team challenge in January?<br /><br />Let's make Paul Harris, Emperor of the Nonathlon and long-time Flyer, our captain, and and as a recruiting tool, he could offer Nonathlon bonus points to team members.<br /><br />Tom

[old] Steve G

Competitions

Post by [old] Steve G » January 8th, 2006, 1:59 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-TomR/the elder+Dec 29 2005, 05:56 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(TomR/the elder @ Dec 29 2005, 05:56 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->What ever happened to the Forum Flyers, once the mightest online team of them all? Beset by defectors, the Flyers are about to become a mere also ran. Is there any chance for us to compete in the upcoming virtual team challenge in January?<br /><br />Let's make Paul Harris, Emperor of the Nonathlon and long-time Flyer, our captain, and and as a recruiting tool, he could offer Nonathlon bonus points to team members.<br /><br />Tom <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Tom see my post in Competitions CTC re Forum Flyers<br />Cheers<br />Steve (One of the original members)

[old] John Rupp

Competitions

Post by [old] John Rupp » January 8th, 2006, 5:04 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-TomR/the elder+Dec 29 2005, 09:56 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(TomR/the elder @ Dec 29 2005, 09:56 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->as a recruiting tool, he could offer Nonathlon bonus points to team members.[right] </td></tr></table><br /><br /> <br />

[old] Parky

Competitions

Post by [old] Parky » January 11th, 2006, 9:52 am

Have you ever seen "Space Cowboys"? I think a revival of the Flyers would be like that.<br /><br />The original team (BIRC 2001) was<br /><br />Yours truly<br />Nigel (of replay fame)<br />Roadrunner<br />Steve G<br />Andrew Dann<br />Canoeist<br />Plus two others - memory fails me<br /><br />Can anyone help out?

[old] Parky

Competitions

Post by [old] Parky » January 11th, 2006, 10:06 am

Scott Samuels ("Scooby") was also on the team that day. Mel Harbour also rings a bell, but can't be sure.

[old] PaulH

Competitions

Post by [old] PaulH » January 11th, 2006, 10:23 am

And sully the good (if roundly despised) name of the Nonathlon? Never!<br /><br /> <br /><br />I've even signed my wife up to help, in her own small way. And I've got another 10k I haven't entered yet - will that do?

[old] Steve G

Competitions

Post by [old] Steve G » January 11th, 2006, 7:37 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Parky+Jan 11 2006, 01:52 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Parky @ Jan 11 2006, 01:52 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br />The original team (BIRC 2001) was<br /><br />Yours truly<br />Nigel (of replay fame)<br />Roadrunner<br />Steve G<br />Andrew Dann<br />Canoeist<br />Plus two others - memory fails me<br /><br />Can anyone help out? <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Hey Parky, Rick Bayko was one too, BIRC 2002 entered as a Flyer.<br />Look at those names, we are still around, maybe slower and wiser, and some of us are still the same weight!, now get your arse in gear, and get that all in one dusted off and sign up. <br />No problem you being from Leeds, we are taking anybody, the weak, lame, fat, thin, male, female, shemale, tranny, who cares <br />Cheers<br />Steve<br />

[old] Parky

Competitions

Post by [old] Parky » January 12th, 2006, 6:59 am

Steve,<br /><br />Good to see your rapier wit and charm have survived the ageing process!<br /><br />You've talked me into it. What do I have to do?<br /><br />Parky

[old] Steve G

Competitions

Post by [old] Steve G » January 12th, 2006, 11:42 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Parky+Jan 12 2006, 10:59 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Parky @ Jan 12 2006, 10:59 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Steve,<br /><br />Good to see your rapier wit and charm have survived the ageing process!<br /><br />You've talked me into it. What do I have to do?<br /><br />Parky <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />HI Dave<br />Start of a new era for you, no more lurking in car parks at BIRC anymore, time to perform again. <br />You can go onto the site and input your times/distances now, select Forum Flyers from Club list. pre set password is c2ctc.<br />Site address is <a href='http://www.c2ctc.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.c2ctc.com/</a><br /><br />Get your mate Steve Davis on board too !! I miss my right hand man <br />Cheers<br />Steve<br /><br />

[old] Parky

Competitions

Post by [old] Parky » January 12th, 2006, 12:38 pm

Steve,<br /><br />The deed has been done - I even managed to nudge us up a place or two!<br /><br />We don't want Stephen Edwards on board - he's a a high rating slacker these days. Mind you, he has a good excuse - he's just become a father again, aged 54!<br /><br />We need Nigel to rejoin us - he's in good form at the moment.

[old] Steve G

Competitions

Post by [old] Steve G » January 12th, 2006, 1:03 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Parky+Jan 12 2006, 04:38 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Parky @ Jan 12 2006, 04:38 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Steve,<br /><br />The deed has been done - I even managed to nudge us up a place or two!<br /><br />We don't want Stephen Edwards on board - he's a a high rating slacker these days. Mind you, he has a good excuse - he's just become a father again, aged 54!<br /><br />We need Nigel to rejoin us - he's in good form at the moment. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Well done Dave, we are on the up now, do you know any females to drag on b oard ? <br />Welcome aboard, give regards to Stephen, a dad at 54. WOW !!<br /><br />Steve

[old] TomR/the elder

Competitions

Post by [old] TomR/the elder » January 12th, 2006, 1:58 pm

Well done Parky and Bayko.<br /><br />It's good to see you young lads bending the oars.<br /><br />Tom

[old] languagelady1

Competitions

Post by [old] languagelady1 » January 12th, 2006, 6:13 pm

Hi Forum Flyers. If you are still in need of some "female power" I am happy to hook up with what sounds like a great group. You may well have some better "talent" out there, so please let me know if you've already found someone else. Tom invited me, and I had a follow-up email from Rick as well. I am training for 2K racing, but can definitely put a strong 30 minute attempt in there next week. <br /><br />Thanks! Beth

[old] Steve G

Competitions

Post by [old] Steve G » January 12th, 2006, 7:49 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-languagelady1+Jan 12 2006, 10:13 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(languagelady1 @ Jan 12 2006, 10:13 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi Forum Flyers.  If you are still in need of some "female power"   I am happy to hook up with what sounds like a great group.  You may well have some better "talent" out there, so please let me know if you've already found someone else.  Tom invited me, and I had a follow-up email from Rick as well.  I am training for 2K racing, but can definitely put a strong 30 minute attempt in there next week. <br /><br />Thanks! Beth <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Beth<br />Our selection panel has had an emergency sitting, you are in, unaminous vote, welcome aboard. We are now complete as one. Thanks to Rick as our USA recruitment delegate <br /><br />Forum Flyers are GO !!!!!!!!!!!<br /><br />Just noticed I am now relegated to boat 2, darn, reckon I will be a mere cox soon:ph34r: <br /><br />You can go onto the site and input your times/distances now, select Forum Flyers from Club list. pre set password is c2ctc.<br />Site address is <a href='http://www.c2ctc.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.c2ctc.com/</a><br /> <br />Cheers<br />Steve

[old] george nz

Competitions

Post by [old] george nz » January 12th, 2006, 8:16 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-languagelady1+Jan 13 2006, 11:13 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(languagelady1 @ Jan 13 2006, 11:13 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi Forum Flyers.  If you are still in need of some "female power"   I am happy to hook up with what sounds like a great group.  You may well have some better "talent" out there, so please let me know if you've already found someone else.  Tom invited me, and I had a follow-up email from Rick as well.  I am training for 2K racing, but can definitely put a strong 30 minute attempt in there next week. <br /><br />Thanks! Beth <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Welcome Beth - nice to have you aboard <br /><br />George