Apology

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] rspenger

Competitions

Post by [old] rspenger » December 22nd, 2005, 12:32 am

Last week a member described a 15 km at 20 spm and 2k+15 as grueling. I had just started to follow the simplified Pete Plan as summarized in the convenient chart. I had just completed the second day – the 15 km at 2k+15 and didn’t have much problem with it. On that basis I sent a message griping about the use of the term grueling for this piece. I did my third one yesterday and find that I should apologize for chiding the author of the initial message. Here are the data on the three pieces:<br /><br />12/13 15 km at 20 spm and 2k+12.7 no problem<br />12/16 15 km at 20 spm and 2k+11.6 definitely tougher, but still no problem<br />12/20 15 km at 20 spm and 2k+12.4 Grueling! Far tougher than on 12/16.<br /><br />Obviously, it depends a lot on just how a person happens to feel on any particular day. Apparently, I was just not up to par yesterday. I was apprehensive about today’s 8 km, but it went at 24 spm and 2k+8.9 – a satisfactory improvement over last week’s 20 spm and 2k+10.7.<br /><br />Note: All of these were preceded by 15’ pyramid warmups that averaged about 2k+20.<br /><br />Bob S.<br />

[old] onethirtyfive

Competitions

Post by [old] onethirtyfive » December 22nd, 2005, 1:45 am

<!--QuoteBegin-rspenger+Dec 22 2005, 05:32 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(rspenger @ Dec 22 2005, 05:32 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Last week a member described a 15 km at 20 spm and 2k+15 as grueling. I had just started to follow the simplified Pete Plan as summarized in the convenient chart. I had just completed the second day – the 15 km at 2k+15 and didn’t have much problem with it. On that basis I sent a message griping about the use of the term grueling for this piece. I did my third one yesterday and find that I should apologize for chiding the author of the initial message. Here are the data on the three pieces:<br /><br />12/13 15 km at 20 spm and 2k+12.7  no problem<br />12/16 15 km at 20 spm and 2k+11.6  definitely tougher, but still no problem<br />12/20 15 km at 20 spm and 2k+12.4  Grueling! Far tougher than on 12/16.<br /><br />Obviously, it depends a lot on just how a person happens to feel on any particular day. Apparently, I was just not up to par yesterday. I was apprehensive about today’s 8 km, but it went at 24 spm and 2k+8.9 – a satisfactory improvement over last week’s 20 spm and 2k+10.7.<br /><br />Note: All of these were preceded by 15’ pyramid warmups that averaged about 2k+20.<br /><br />Bob S. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Hey Bob we all have good days and bad days and you gotta remember your doing these at 20spm so that is a fact to consider. There is no way in this wide world I could currently do 2k + 12.4 @ 20spm for an hour - so mate that is great.<br /><br />cheers<br /><br />ps I am did 8k today but mine was S10mps and plenty of sweat - tomorrow a little quicker [;0)<br /><br />pps peoples ideas of gruelling are quite subjective, there are some at my gym who would consider my warm-up gruelling, while I consider your achievements INSPIRATIONAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br /><br />ERG ON DUDE

[old] H_2O

Competitions

Post by [old] H_2O » December 22nd, 2005, 7:56 am

No apologies needed.<br />I have a pretty weak stroke and still can't do 2K+15 at r20 for on hour.<br /><br />I am crossing my fingers for you to reach sub 8:00.

[old] raymond botha

Competitions

Post by [old] raymond botha » December 27th, 2005, 9:48 am

Hi,<br /><br />I have learned to do an easy day after an interval day (also on pete plan) otherwise its downhill from there and sooner or later I will need an extra days rest. I have been doing the plan for 8 weeks now and still have to keep to this conservative stratergy; take it easy after an interval day.<br /><br />I am considering a lower DF setting as apposed to a lower pace startergy here. I find it very difficult not to push on so up till now I have been shortening my distances to 6k following the high intensity interval days but still found I needed a days rest somewhere along the way , making 2 rest days a week. <br /><br />I think I will drop intensity and up the regularity to keep 6 days a week active even if it means comprimising the intensity. <br /><br />Pete must be one tough boy. Maybe my age is catching up with me (40).<br /><br />cheers <br />Ray

[old] mpukita

Competitions

Post by [old] mpukita » December 27th, 2005, 4:45 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-raymond botha+Dec 27 2005, 09:48 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(raymond botha @ Dec 27 2005, 09:48 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi,<br /><br />I have learned to do an easy day after an interval day (also on pete plan) otherwise its downhill from there and sooner or later I will need an extra days rest. I have been doing the plan for 8 weeks now and still have to keep to this conservative stratergy; take it easy after an interval day.<br /><br />I am considering a lower DF setting as apposed to a lower pace startergy here. I find it very difficult not to push on so up till now I have been shortening my distances to 6k following the high intensity interval days but still found I needed a days rest somewhere along the way , making 2 rest days a week. <br /><br />I think I will drop intensity and up the regularity to keep 6 days a week active even if it means comprimising the intensity. <br /><br />Pete must be one tough boy. Maybe my age is catching up with me (40).<br /><br />cheers <br />Ray <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Ray:<br /><br />You are still a "youngster".<br /><br /> <br /><br />-- Mark (47 years young)