Anyone Here From Nz?

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] fergie

Competitions

Post by [old] fergie » December 13th, 2005, 12:46 am

Hey.<br />I'm from New Zealand and i've spent the last few months training and planning to go to the Crash-Bs.<br />I've been talking with Concept2 NZ and was told a few weeks ago final details will be sent out soon.<br />Then i get this email from them today:<br /><br />We are not taking a team this year due to the National Rowing Champs being on at the same time. It is really unfortunate as it will be the first year that we will not be represented. I can send you details of where it is being held in Boston if you require further information but you would need to organize all your own travel arrangements and would be traveling alone<br /><br />So that sucks!<br />I'm still really keen to go - i've been training hard, and organising funding and all, and it'll be the last chance i can race as a Junior U18.<br />BUT, i'm not to keen on flying to the other side of the world, for a feew days, and racing a world championships in a foriegn country by myself <br /><br />So are there any other NZ's here that are thinking of going? If so, lemme no ya contact details and i'll get in touch.<br /><br />Anyone no if Graham Watt is going? ANd if so - whats his contact info?<br /><br />Otherwise, if worse came to worst... i could team up with the aussie team... o h*** i can't belive i said that! BUt would be better than staying all by myself... lol i'd probably end up missing my race!<br /><br />Thanks

[old] dennish

Competitions

Post by [old] dennish » December 14th, 2005, 9:08 pm

Fergie, Graham is not going. He hasn't been on an erg in quite some time. Doesn't really like the machine. He has been coaching the juniors at Whakatane, rowing and rcing his single, quite successfully, and I suspect also adventure racing, fishing and kayaking. If you get hooked up with the Aussies, latch onto John Harvey for one, great guy, tremendous story. Looking forward to meeting you in Boston. I hung with the Kiwi's at the world masters games and had the best time. Excellent folk and none better than Graham and his wife. When they were here, Colorado, I got Graham in a single at Lake Dillon, about 9200ft in elevation. He said he thought it might be higher than any place in NZ. Anyway, hope you make it to Boston, the Aussies would be a great group to travel with. dennis

[old] fergie

Competitions

Post by [old] fergie » December 15th, 2005, 5:07 am

Hey.<br />Thanks for letting me no about Graham.<br />It'd be cool to hang with the aussies, Concept 2 NZ have also sed tht the english team would take me aswell, so thats cool!<br /><br />but there mite be another 1 or 2 NZ'ers going anyway - so that will make the 19hr trip a bit less boring <br /><br />Thanks