Ne2kc

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Bayko

Competitions

Post by [old] Bayko » January 10th, 2005, 2:20 pm

Just a reminder about the 2km at Newburyport,MA on Sunday, January 23rd, 2005.<br><br>So far there are eight B.A.D. boys confirmed. (B.A.D. meaning Barring Anything Disastrous these guys will show up):<br><br>Rick Bayko<br>Doug Smith<br>Dan Edson<br>Paul Flack<br>Frank Knight<br>Rick Martin<br>Will<br>Ed Bolton (Happy Birthday Ed!)<br><br>There are also six others in the D.M.C. (Definite Maybe Category):<br><br>Deb Grinnell<br>Dave Powers<br>Tom Rawls<br>Kudos<br>michaelb<br>Gary Passler<br><br><br><br>Good combination of Newbies and Experienced ergers. Not competing? Come and watch. I'm pretty sure that everyone had a good time last year.<br><br>The PaulS Sledgehammer Award, and 15 ice scrapers are already on the venue grounds waiting to be awarded.<br><br>One last call will be made around next monday, then I'll get out of everyone's hair.<br><br>Call 978-465-0977<br>or email Rick22056(at)aol(dot)com

[old] Dickie

Competitions

Post by [old] Dickie » January 10th, 2005, 2:40 pm

I can confirm that spectators had a good time last year.<br><br>Rick you can add me to the B.A.D. category although as a spectator.<br><br>Fred Dickie

[old] michaelb

Competitions

Post by [old] michaelb » January 10th, 2005, 10:32 pm

Sorry, but I don't think I am anywhere near rowing a 2k right now. It sounded like fun. Is there going to be an online erow/rowpro option?

[old] Kudos

Competitions

Post by [old] Kudos » January 11th, 2005, 12:26 am

hey, <br> sorry rick but I unfourtunatly can not make it due to a business trip the previous day, but I really appreciate you keeping me in mind. If ther is going to be a rowpro option, I would definitly be interested. Anyway, good luck to all the competitors

[old] Bayko

Competitions

Post by [old] Bayko » January 11th, 2005, 12:51 pm

Hey Fred, nice to have you back. I'll expect you in short sleeves, regardless of the temperature (although it will unlikely to be colder than last year).<br>Yesterday afternoon another of the competitors from last year stopped by and joined the BAD boys. John Sava of Newburyport, who has aged into the 60s Hwt division for this go-round.<br><br>Kudos & michaelb, too bad that you can't make it. Maybe next year. I expect that we will have erow, but I have to defer to Paul Flack and Frank Knight on that score. I'm embarrassed to admit that I still haven't haven't gotten into erow or rowpro myself. I'm not sure what, other than inertia, is stopping me.<br><br>Rick (Grand Poobah of the NE2KC)<br>

[old] rickm

Competitions

Post by [old] rickm » January 14th, 2005, 4:27 pm

I am definitely BAD. Will bring my C2. Let us know what time to show up.