Athen's Olympic Rowing Results

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] GeorgeD

Competitions

Post by [old] GeorgeD » August 18th, 2004, 6:16 pm

5 crews sent, 5 crews in A finals .... not bad I reckon and maybe a medal or 2 or 3 at the end??

[old] Spectrum

Competitions

Post by [old] Spectrum » August 21st, 2004, 4:51 am

!!! Pure gold for NZ's Evers-Swindell twins in the womens double sculls.<br>5 NZ crews in finals today, (not bad for a country of 4million) but the twins, unbeated since 2001, were all class and held off the fast finishing German duo.<br><br><br>

[old] Roland Baltutis

Competitions

Post by [old] Roland Baltutis » August 21st, 2004, 6:15 am

Congratulations to James Tomkins & Drew Ginn for their dominating gold medal win for Australia in the coxless pairs. That now makes it 5 Olympic medals for James Tompkins, 3 of them gold. I believe that makes him the only rower to have won an Olympic medal in every sweep oar boat class. Just for the record, James Tomkins is 39 years old and according to the Australian C2 rankings booklet just released, has a 2K erg time of 5:58.5. Most of his opposition would have better 2K erg times but were simply outclassed on the water. <br><br>Must also congratulate Matthew Pinsent for his 4th Olympic gold medal, who won by the narrowest of margins in the coxless four. Saw the whole race and boy was it a thriller. The Canadians almost got them on the line losing by half a bow ball in a photo finish.<br><br>Keep it smooth, keep it relaxed<br>Roland Baltutis

[old] PaulH

Competitions

Post by [old] PaulH » August 21st, 2004, 9:53 am

Here's a quote from Matt Pinsent that some of you may like to use for motivation. It was during a discussion of the problems the four has had in the run-up to the Olympics:<br><br><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> </td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->"I have rowed so badly as not to have deserved a medal, I have rowed myself and the crew into a tired and dejected position where winning was impossible, but gone out to try to win a silver?<br><br>"No. Never."<!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table>

[old] Godfried

Competitions

Post by [old] Godfried » August 22nd, 2004, 4:12 am

'We' just made it to bronze in the womans eight ( ROM 1 , USA 2 ), and to silver in the mens eight ( USA 1 , AUS 3 ).

[old] Jim Barry

Competitions

Post by [old] Jim Barry » August 22nd, 2004, 9:18 am

US men's 8: Gold. <br><br>Awesome!<br><br>

[old] Guido B

Competitions

Post by [old] Guido B » August 22nd, 2004, 2:45 pm

USA men's 8 terrific. <br><br>Holland silver. Go Dutch go. Saw the race on the dutch channel, they almost went out of the roof.

[old] grams

Competitions

Post by [old] grams » August 23rd, 2004, 11:16 am

Great to see the lightweight womens' competitions! And the open class too. So many of them are at their 4th Olympics!<br><br>Thanks to Canadian TV coverage for showing me what training and dedication can accomplish, regardless of size or gender. Grams