Ducks In A Row - Introductions

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Dawnald_duck

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Dawnald_duck » May 11th, 2005, 8:54 pm

Thanks for putting your photo up, Shari! (At least I assume that's you.) I get a charge out of knowing what everyone looks like - makes the team seem more real and less "virtual". <br /><br />Welcome to the new team members, Sandi and Niobe, too! I've only been at this regularly since last December myself. The progress might seem slow while you're making it, but wait until you look back several months from now!<br /><br />-Dawn

[old] Shari

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Shari » May 11th, 2005, 11:45 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Dawnald_duck+May 11 2005, 07:54 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Dawnald_duck @ May 11 2005, 07:54 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Thanks for putting your photo up, Shari!  (At least I assume that's you.)  I get a charge out of knowing what everyone looks like - makes the team seem more real and less "virtual".  <br /><br />Welcome to the new team members, Sandi and Niobe, too!  I've only been at this regularly since last December myself.  The progress might seem slow while you're making it, but wait until you look back several months from now!<br /><br />-Dawn<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Hi Dawnald,<br /><br />It took me forever to get the photo the required 300x300 but I learned a lot. Nice to hear from you. Shari

[old] katheryn1962

Women's Forum

Post by [old] katheryn1962 » May 12th, 2005, 1:36 am

Hi, my name is Kathy and I'm a newbie to the rowing thing. I just started rowing in March this year and am completely hooked. At present I row at the health club I belong to but hope to purchase a C2 this year sometime. I thoroughly enjoy the time spent and the mind break when rowing. I work in public safety and rowing has proven to be a great stress release. Hope ya'll have room for another Crazy Canuck in the pond! <br /><br />

LindaM

Women's Forum

Post by LindaM » May 12th, 2005, 7:54 am

Welcome katheryn1962! Plenty of room in our pond. Glad to have you! Keep posting - messages and meters.<br /><br />-Harly

[old] snappyrower

Women's Forum

Post by [old] snappyrower » May 12th, 2005, 8:51 pm

Welcome to the duck pond! We're glad to have another crazy canuck!

[old] KRed

Women's Forum

Post by [old] KRed » May 12th, 2005, 8:59 pm

Welcome!!

[old] Bufflehead

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Bufflehead » May 13th, 2005, 6:29 am

Wow, Ducks! Our pond sure is looking good these days! Welcome to all of our newest Ducks - we're gonna make quite a splash this year! <br />Your stories continue to inspire me. We are such a diverse group, but all with the same goal - keeping fit. I still remember the first time I tried a C2. Couldn't even manage ten minutes. Hmmmm - just look at what a little inspiration will do!<br />Quack on, Ducks!<br />Buffle

[old] KRed

Women's Forum

Post by [old] KRed » May 13th, 2005, 10:52 am

Yes, this is a great group! The first time I tried a C2 was back in January. I rowed hard for 5 minutes before my legs and shoulders gave out. I think I had gone about 600 meters!!! Who knew there was technique and endurance involved?? <br /><br />I get a little discouraged sometimes because my times and distances are so much slower than many of you... then I remember than I am just getting started and still have quite a lot of weight to lose (by the time it comes off, I'll be flying along!)<br /><br />I need to row still this morning, but will be taking it slow and low.. I worked too hard yesterday, and my upper body muscles are screaming at me!! (too many push-ups - even the inclined push-ups are painful when you do too many... and I haven't done a push-up on the floor since I was aout 11!)<br /><br />Thanks to everyone for all the support! <br /><br />

[old] Bufflehead

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Bufflehead » May 13th, 2005, 11:55 am

Hang in there, Dodger!<br />Perseverance pays off. (That didn't look right, so I had to look it up to be sure. As an added bonus - I saw the definition again.)<br />To continue in spite of difficulty... That just about sums up this fitness/weight loss stuff! Ah - but the rewards are worth it. I'm still struggling with that last ten pounds. They seem to be the hardest. The important thing is to not throw in the towel. As many times as I screw up - which seems to be on a daily basis - I don't give up. My, ain't I philosophical today?<br />Enough from the Buffle!

[old] seaturtle

Women's Forum

Post by [old] seaturtle » May 13th, 2005, 4:29 pm

Hi, my name is Corina and I have just joined DIAR.I am 5'8 1/2'' and 67kg, so not much chance of ever being a Lwt (too skinny) I have only started erging since the end of april 05 ,when my ex(who I am friendly with) bought a brand new model D, and donated antique model b to us.I love the rowing, but I love the high I get the rest of the day even better,so much that I am starting to resent the rest days. They are of neccessity though ,as I work as an osteopath and a few of my working days are just too long and hard to fit erging in. I have been reading the forum for about 2 weeks now and the tips regarding technique have improved my PBs by loads. So far the most i have done is 5kms. Ironically, I am committed to doing a 5 Kms charity run on the 12th of June and I would like to do that in approximately the same time( much harder,for me at least).Ihave lived in the UK for a long time, but originally I am from Holland (does that make me a dutck ). Just wanted to say that the supportive atmosphere on this forum is just lovely and I am pleased to add my few Kms to DIAR<br />Corina

[old] KRed

Women's Forum

Post by [old] KRed » May 13th, 2005, 4:34 pm

Welcome!!<br /><br />DIAR is a fun and supportive group!<br /><br />Glad you're with us!<br />

[old] la_flaca

Women's Forum

Post by [old] la_flaca » May 17th, 2005, 1:01 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-KRed+May 13 2005, 09:52 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(KRed @ May 13 2005, 09:52 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br />I get a little discouraged sometimes because my times and distances are so much slower than many of you... [right] <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />EEY!! Don´t you worry!!, as you said, you´re just getting started!!. Keep going like that and you will be near all your goals before you notes it!<br /><br />Keep erging!!,<br />Cheers!.

[old] Merganser

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Merganser » May 25th, 2005, 9:20 pm

Hi all,<br /><br />At 59 years of age, I’ve taken up rowing later than most –but then it was only four years ago that I started weightlifting. I hit fifty and was shocked to discover that, for the first time in my life, the pounds were slowly adding on. Not having much success dropping the weight through my own attempts, I surrendered to a local gym and hired a personal trainer – which has to be some of my best-spent money! In six months I lost 25 pounds, bringing me down to 133 pounds at 5’ 7”. A year ago I changed gyms and discovered C2 rowers. I loved rowing and last month bought a Model D for home. I still hit the gym regularly but now row 20-30 minutes in the morning before I head to work. It’s addictive!<br /><br />I live in Ontario, Canada with my husband and three cats. My kids are 25 and 28 and live on their own.<br /><br />Duck names are popular so I've used one too. The forum seems like a great place to learn more about one another and pick up encouragement and hints.

LindaM

Women's Forum

Post by LindaM » May 26th, 2005, 7:30 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Merganser+May 25 2005, 08:20 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Merganser @ May 25 2005, 08:20 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Duck names are popular so I've used one too. The forum seems like a great place to learn more about one another and pick up encouragement and hints. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Merganser - Welcome to the Women's Forum! If you haven't already, join Ducks in A Row and add your meters to our team! <br /><br /><a href='http://concept2.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1408' target='_blank'>http://concept2.ipbhost.com/index.php?s ... 408</a><br /><br />- Harlequin Duck<br />

[old] Mrs. Mediocre

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Mrs. Mediocre » May 29th, 2005, 10:02 pm

Hello all you Ducks out there!<br /><br />I'm Barbara, and I've just joined DIAR. While my schedule doesn't allow for me to post frequently, I like the idea of belonging to a group of like-minded women rowers and will be around as much as I can. <br /><br />I've been rowing steadily for about a year, and sporadically before that. My husband is a dedicated rower, with close to 15 million meters to his credit. I must be a slow learner, because it's taken me nearly 15 years to see that rowing has kept his boyish figure while mine steadily expanded. Clearly, weight loss is one of my goals here!<br /><br />Barbara, aka Mrs. Mediocre<br /><br />