Send Some Good Thought Erica's Way Tonight

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] grams

Women's Forum

Post by [old] grams » January 4th, 2006, 8:58 pm

Hi folks,<br /><br />Erica, one of our January Challenge teammates, could use some positive vibes sent to her and her dad early tomorrow. Her dad is having surgery at 7:30a Jan 6 New York time.<br /><br />That's pretty early for me (west coast time), but I will definitely be awake and sending good calming thoughts their way. <br /><br />thanks,<br /><br />grams

[old] Mimi

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Mimi » January 4th, 2006, 11:31 pm

Grams,<br />How considerate and caring you are! I'll pray for both of them tonight. Mimi

[old] MomofJBN

Women's Forum

Post by [old] MomofJBN » January 4th, 2006, 11:45 pm

I will be sending prayers east as well.<br /><br />Schenley

[old] efg

Women's Forum

Post by [old] efg » January 5th, 2006, 3:57 am

I'll be thinking of them also. My dad's going through chemotherapy now, so I know how much those good vibes are needed.<br /><br />Emilia

[old] LandLocked

Women's Forum

Post by [old] LandLocked » January 5th, 2006, 5:39 pm

I will send good vibes right before I go to sleep. (about 2.5 hours before surgury time)

[old] rhorva@hotmail.com

Women's Forum

Post by [old] rhorva@hotmail.com » January 5th, 2006, 6:30 pm

Erica: I'm beaming out my powerful healing energy and sending a little prayer to your dad starting NOW... since I"m already in the East, they won't have too far to go to surround him.<br /><br />Mantra I found to have him repeat to himself to help stay calm: "Every hand that touches me is a healing hand."<br /><br />Rubber Ducky<br /><br />

[old] erikajas

Women's Forum

Post by [old] erikajas » January 6th, 2006, 5:12 pm

Hi y'all,<br /><br />I just want to thank all of you for all the kind thoughts, good wishes and prayers. We got my dad home from the hospital today, and he's doing alright. Unfortunately, the tumor was far more advanced than expected so the prognosis is somewhat worse. But for now, at least, he's recovering quickly and still has a good sense of humor. <br /><br />So what do I learn from this? My dad has never taken care of his health despite his family and doctors telling him to quit smoking, drinking, eating fatty foods, exercise, etc. I fully recognize that we will all die of something eventually, I deal with this everyday. Some argue that you can't outrun your genes. I actually agree. BUT, you can maximize your life by eating well, exercising regularly, not smoking, drinking only in moderation, you know the rest. So keep rowing, think twice about what you're eating, and for goodness sake don't smoke. <br /><br />Alas, enough preaching from she who needs to listen to her own advice. I can't wait to get back on my erg. You have all been wonderful. Thanks so much for the support. <br /><br />Row on,<br />Erika<br />