What Training Have You Done Today??

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] snappyrower

Women's Forum

Post by [old] snappyrower » May 14th, 2005, 12:47 pm

Cool! I'm jealous! Have lots of fun! <br /><br />How is your million meter goal coming along? At what point in your current years meters will you hit the million meter goal? I was looking at the team log today and wondering.......<br /><br />snappyrower<br />(former bow rower and coxswain who dearly misses the water!)

[old] KathiS

Women's Forum

Post by [old] KathiS » May 14th, 2005, 4:33 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-snappyrower+May 14 2005, 10:47 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(snappyrower @ May 14 2005, 10:47 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->How is your million meter goal coming along?  At what  point in your current years meters will you hit the million meter goal?  I was looking at the team log today and wondering....... <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I have 121,500 meters to go till I hit a million, which means my year to date will have to be 254,140 meters. I have three weeks left to go before our one year wedding anniversary, but I also have a very busy schedule, so it is going to be a major challenge to get there! I am going to have to squeeze in about 3-4 half marathons somehow.

[old] snappyrower

Women's Forum

Post by [old] snappyrower » May 14th, 2005, 6:25 pm

Wow! That's quite a load of rowing to do by then! Good luck to you! I'll be rooting you along of course. <br /><br /><br />Anyway, I did a 30 minute peice today, and it was TERRIBLE! I didn't eat enough today, and totally ran out of juice. Oh well, I ranked it anyway, it'll give me something to definitely improve upon! <br /><br />30:00.0 5151 meters.

[old] Bufflehead

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Bufflehead » May 16th, 2005, 11:16 am

Boy, am I ever falling behind! Everybody is doing so well! Carole, you sound like you're back at it full throttle. Ank - I am continually inspired by your posts. All of you are doing great things out there! Meanwhile, I'm still rowing my little heart out, but it's all on the water. Maybe I can sneak in a piece tonight after the gym. <br /><br />I just don't feel like I can count my water stuff because it would just be a guess as to distance. Our coach said we did between 8 and 10 miles on Friday, but I sure am clueless when it comes right down to it. But - just you wait until this class is over! I'll start adding meters again. Of course, I'll probably stay on the water too, since I'm having so much fun. Hey Ritz - I'm glad to hear you like it!<br /><br />Well, just thought I would check in so you wouldn't think I'd given up or anything!<br />I shall return! <br />Later, the Buffle

[old] Debra

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Debra » May 16th, 2005, 1:20 pm

<!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I just don't feel like I can count my water stuff because it would just be a guess as to distance. Our coach said we did between 8 and 10 miles on Friday, </td></tr></table><br /><br />You should definately log your on-water rowing! Lots of people do! Just guess on the low side. <br /><br />1km=0.6miles<br /><br />Glad to hear you're enjoying the water! Visualizing being on the water is the only way I get through the workouts on the rowing machine!<br /><br />Keep having fun!<br /><br />DB<br />

[old] LaurenS

Women's Forum

Post by [old] LaurenS » May 16th, 2005, 5:24 pm

Woohoo! I was able to do 5k today (a 3k morning session and 2k afternoon). My knee is finally letting me row for more than 1k/day (c: Now...to make up all those meters I missed at the beginning of the season (c;

[old] Ank

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Ank » May 17th, 2005, 5:35 pm

Today I did 10 km at the gym. Time 45.23 Not too well, since my quickest time ever at 10 km was below 43 minutes, but OK, I've had the flu and feeling the need to row means you get better. But heartrate was higher than normal. Grrrr I hate having the flu. Tomorrow watertraining again.<br />I love beiing in the boat, but sometimes the erg is a better place with the terrible weather of the Netherlands at the moment. Oughhh!!!<br /><br />Ank.<br />

[old] mallard

Women's Forum

Post by [old] mallard » May 18th, 2005, 9:13 am

<br /><br />Sorry guys, I'm "off games" for a few days. I've just been to the doctor's re my cough, and am on antibiotics for a week. I'll try some light work at the weekend - not worth rushing back too quickly though.<br /><br />Very p*****d off, as I had just started a training programme for a race in early July, and this will set me back a bit.<br /><br />We are not the only team to be hit by illness, reading the other forums there seem to be people dropping like flies from flu, injuries etc. Hope everyone feels better soon!<br /><br />For those who are still fit enough to row, keep up the good work!<br />

[old] KathiS

Women's Forum

Post by [old] KathiS » May 18th, 2005, 10:15 pm

I hope you feel better very soon Mallard!

[old] snappyrower

Women's Forum

Post by [old] snappyrower » May 19th, 2005, 11:01 pm

Finally moved my rower back in front of the t.v.....had to see the Apprentice finale! <br /><br />Anyway, did 10,899 meters in 1:00:31.4 <br /><br />How's everyone else coming along!?

[old] Ank

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Ank » May 20th, 2005, 4:01 am

Good idea snappyrower to move your rower in front of your TV!<br /><br />My rower is in the middle of my livingroom, really a piece of equipment that you cannot overlook!<br />It's standing there.... very big...all the time asking for attention. And..... al my visitors always want to try it!<br /><br />For everybody who is sitting in a seperate attick, cellar or garage whilst training on the rower.... don't do that. Put your rower on a place where your actual life happens! That makes it easier to use your rower and reach your goals.<br /><br />(One disadvantage.... my cat all the time wants to sit on my lap when I'm on the rower....ever tried this, rowing together with a meooowing siamese cat? If I do not allow her to sit on my lap she jumps on the rower!!!! The first erging cat ever!!!!)<br /><br />Happy rowing everybody, and for those who have some minor phisical problems.... hope it soon goes better....

[old] snappyrower

Women's Forum

Post by [old] snappyrower » May 20th, 2005, 11:29 am

Yeah, I find that i use it more if I have to trip over it often! Also helps keep me on it longer if I can watch t.v. or a dvd. That's hilarious about your cat! I haven't let mine in the room while on mine...wonder what he'd do ?

[old] KathiS

Women's Forum

Post by [old] KathiS » May 20th, 2005, 11:55 am

Well I was sure glad to read this today. We usually keep our rower in our bedroom, which is upstairs. Now that the weather has gotten warmer, the room gets too hot to row in, so yesterday we moved our rower down to the living room. It is literally the first thing you see when you walk into our home. I have a lot of mixed feelings about it being there, but I won't be able to use the heat as an excuse not to row, which is good!

[old] snappyrower

Women's Forum

Post by [old] snappyrower » May 20th, 2005, 1:26 pm

I see nothing wrong with having it out. If you have a lot of company or want to be a little more formal it isn't too hard to take it into two peices and move it. Even faster if you just roll it around like I do! <br /><br /><br />Anyway, did a 5 k piece and it was 29:38.5 and my last one was 30:11.3. Slight improvement anyway. I'm not fast by any means.... i'm at least 3 minutes behind the person above me in the rankings. I don't mind, as I don't really race the peices when I do them, just get on and see how i'm doing for the day. nice to not really try and take a bit off the last time though. <br /><br />So, any updates from anyone else out there? We've gotten a bit quite over the past couple of weeks!<br /><br />

[old] Bufflehead

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Bufflehead » May 21st, 2005, 12:53 pm

Ye Old Buffle is tired! Maybe that's why I'm being so quiet! <br />I just got home from two hours on the water. Today I was flailing about in a quad. I really like the smaller boats, but Thursday I was stroke seat for an eight. That's really my favorite place, but I don't imagine I'll get to sit there too often. <br /><br />Today we finally got to row out to Fort McHenry because the water was fairly decent. I felt like I should bust out in the National Anthem or something, but then I didn't want to get thrown in the water by the others! <br /><br />I promise I'll get back on my C2 soon and start racking up the meters. I'm really falling behind some of you gals!<br /><br />Happy rowing!<br />The Buffle