Neo's Half Marathon Fri 30th Dec 2005

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] JaapR

e-row

Post by [old] JaapR » January 8th, 2006, 4:34 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Andreas+Jan 7 2006, 01:20 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Andreas @ Jan 7 2006, 01:20 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi All<br />I had the time wrong.I arrived at 16h00 gmt and thought the race was at 17h00 gmt.I was in a harry to put my machine together after my summer holiday, but when I went online I was disappoited to see nobody there.I looked at the results and didnt see any results there.What happend????<br />I'm still intersted to do a HM to get all the traveling out of my body.I will shedule one for tomorrow@15hoo gmt <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Andreas,<br />Sorry you missed the race. We waited for you a few extra minutes, then Joe, Frank and myself started the HM. It was my first race after I bought RowPro last Thursday (thanks Godfried for your help). <br />Everything went very smooth the first 14 minutes: I started at a comfortable pace just below 1:46, and planned to end at 1:46.6 or so (1:15:00).<br />Then after 14:55, my boat stopped, while Joe's and Franks boats and numbers were still moving/running. Also the PM Twin numbers stopped. Since the numbers on my PM2+ were still running, I continued racing. The first 10k were still at 1:46, already a lot less comfortable, but I still had the feeling I could reach my target.<br />After 11km my left hamstring cramped, so I had to slow down. I hoped I could pick up the pace after a few easy minutes, but the leg did not feel good, so I decided to take a very long 10k cool down and ended just below 1:20:00. <br />I saw that Joe rowed an incredible fast time: 1:15:04.9, which is by far the fastest time in his (50-59) age group. Congratulations Joe. Hopefully I can give you a better competition next time. I didn't get Franks time, and there are no results saved on DR server. <br /><br />The cramp thing came back at night, and today the connection between hamstring and knee feels very bad. Can't stretch the leg without pain, so rowing will not be possible for a while. <br /> <br />Jaap<br /><br />

[old] H_2O

e-row

Post by [old] H_2O » January 8th, 2006, 7:48 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Jan 8 2006, 03:34 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Jan 8 2006, 03:34 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br />I saw that Joe rowed an incredible fast time: 1:15:04.9, which is by far the fastest time in his (50-59) age group. Congratulations Joe. <br /><br />Jaap<br /><br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />That is very fast indeed!<br />Who is Joe?<br />Is it NavigationHazard?<br />

[old] FrankJ

e-row

Post by [old] FrankJ » January 8th, 2006, 8:31 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-H_2O+Jan 8 2006, 11:48 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(H_2O @ Jan 8 2006, 11:48 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Jan 8 2006, 03:34 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Jan 8 2006, 03:34 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br />I saw that Joe rowed an incredible fast time: 1:15:04.9, which is by far the fastest time in his (50-59) age group. Congratulations Joe. <br /><br />Jaap<br /><br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />That is very fast indeed!<br />Who is Joe?<br />Is it NavigationHazard? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />H_2O,<br /><br />Joe Greco was the winner of the Fall Racing Series. His 1:15:04.9 is the fatest 50 -59 HWT time since Tore Foss set the record in 2003. Interesting that Tore Foss is given the age group world record in 2003 but is not listed in the rankings. <br /><br />Frank

[old] tomhz

e-row

Post by [old] tomhz » January 9th, 2006, 4:54 am

<!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Jan 8 2006, 08:34 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Jan 8 2006, 08:34 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Everything went very smooth the first 14 minutes: I started at a comfortable pace just below 1:46, and planned to end at 1:46.6 or so (1:15:00).<br />Then after 14:55, my boat stopped, while Joe's and Franks boats and numbers were still moving/running. Also the PM Twin numbers stopped. Since the numbers on my PM2+ were still running, I continued racing. The first 10k were still at 1:46, already a lot less comfortable, but I still had the feeling I could reach my target.<br />After 11km my left hamstring cramped, so I had to slow down. I hoped I could pick up the pace after a few easy minutes, but the leg did not feel good, so I decided to take a very long 10k cool down and ended just below 1:20:00. <br />I saw that Joe rowed an incredible fast time: 1:15:04.9, which is by far the fastest time in his (50-59) age group. Congratulations Joe. Hopefully I can give you a better competition next time. I didn't get Franks time, and there are no results saved on DR server. <br /><br />The cramp thing came back at night, and today the connection between hamstring and knee feels very bad. Can't stretch the leg without pain, so rowing will not be possible for a while. <br /> <br />Jaap <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Jaap, sorry to hear about your hamstring. Hope you will be OK soon. <br /><br />About your Rowpro online race. I had exactly the same experience a week ago during an online HM. I had one additional problem: a few minutes after my oppenents finished, the race admin clicked STOP ROW, and this send a rest signal to my PM2. My session was cancelled with 250m to go and I lost a big PB <br /><br /><br />afterwards, I blaimed the virusscanner that started during my session or maybe weak batteries in my PM2.<br /><br />Tom