Handicap Series Race 6a Handicaps

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] FrankJ

e-row

Post by [old] FrankJ » July 23rd, 2005, 6:59 am

Here are the start delays for Sunday's 10K race. This will be the last race of the series.<br /><br /><!--c1--><table width='95%' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='3' border='0' align='center'><tr><td><b><div class='genmed'>CODE</div></b></td></tr><tr><td class='code'><div><!--ec1--><br />         SB         Start delay <br />Ron C    47m 08.6s   0m  0s<br />Willem B 41m 50.0s   5m 19s<br />Frank K  37m 34.0s   9m 35s<br />Jeff F   36m 50.0s  10m 19s<br />Phil M   35m 51.0s  11m 18s<br /><!--c2--></div></td></tr></table><br /><br />Still room for 3 more racers.<br /><br />Frank

[old] Canoeist

e-row

Post by [old] Canoeist » July 23rd, 2005, 7:10 am

If the race isn't full, I will try to show just to scare Sir Pirate. Of course, he will have a whopping 27.6 second head start and I will be tired from my race today. But I am sure he will be rowing scared for the entire 36 minutes. <br /><br />How about if we cover our monitors and turn off the computer screens for the 2K closest to 9 min cooldown?<br /><br />Cheers,<br /><br />Paul Flack<br />

[old] Sir Pirate

e-row

Post by [old] Sir Pirate » July 23rd, 2005, 7:33 am

I will not be going for a good time tomorrow on the 10K, you will catch me after 5 mins or so.<br /><br />If have no motivation to row at the moment plus I don't feel 100%<br /><br />Sir Pirate

[old] Leif

e-row

Post by [old] Leif » July 23rd, 2005, 7:40 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Canoeist+Jul 23 2005, 01:10 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Canoeist @ Jul 23 2005, 01:10 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->How about if we cover our monitors and turn off the computer screens for the 2K closest to 9 min cooldown?<br /><br />Cheers,<br />Paul Flack <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Paul,<br /><br />I've covered the PM3 as well as my moinitor and tried to row a 9:00<br /><br />The result wasn't close to 9:00,x :-) it was very exciting!<br /><br />I'm sure that I'll try again...<br /><br />Happy erging,<br />Leif

[old] captain

e-row

Post by [old] captain » July 23rd, 2005, 12:02 pm

Mark and I, did are 10K race today and I did my best row ever I finally row under 2:00 for more then 6K. These handicap race really got me out of my bubble I never did even think I was able to row under 2:00 for more then 5K even that distance was a achievement for myself.<br /><br /> So I will like to thank Frank and Jeff for organizing these great race and make me realize (and others) are ability to race every one, from different level. Thank You!. <br /> <br />Alain Ruel <br />captain.<br />

[old] Ron

e-row

Post by [old] Ron » July 23rd, 2005, 12:20 pm

Great job Alain! Mike said you did great! Mike had a PB also. He told me he cut more than a minute off his previous PB! Great job both of you! And I , too, thank Frank and Jeff for taking the time and for knowing what to do to keep these HCs going. THANKS!!! And, I am a real turtle and I thank all of you who are participating in these HCs for being patient with the turtle and for being good sportsmen!!! Too bad others in this world can't be tolerant too! <br /> Ron

[old] mpukita

e-row

Post by [old] mpukita » July 23rd, 2005, 3:33 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-captain+Jul 23 2005, 12:02 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(captain @ Jul 23 2005, 12:02 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Mark and I, did are 10K race today and I did my best row ever I finally row under 2:00 for more then 6K. These handicap race really got me out of my bubble I never did even think I was able to row under 2:00 for more then 5K even that distance was a achievement for myself.<br /><br />            So I will like to thank Frank and Jeff for organizing these great race and make me realize (and others) are ability to race every one, from different level. Thank You!. <br /> <br />Alain Ruel  <br />captain. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Alain was an animal this morning. We tried using our targeted times rather than a pure PB/SB handicap. I shot for a 40 sec. improvement using that as a handicap for Alain -- to make it as close a race as possible. I actually did over 60 sec. better, and Alain still ate me alive in the last 1,000 meters. I'd like to think the smaller handicap gave him some motivationm to hang in there and catch me. It sure motivated me to fend him off -- to no avail.<br /><br />I love the series, am glad I joined mid-season, and will definitely join next round. I'll need the motivation as the improvements come easy early, and get harder and harder as time passes, and PRs fall. <br /><br />Thanks to all who worked on this -- Jeff, Frank, Paul, and anyone else of whom I may be unaware.

[old] Will

e-row

Post by [old] Will » July 23rd, 2005, 4:48 pm

Great job Alain and Mike. Alain, I had a good time as well, so hopefully the Lightweights will keep the lead!

[old] Canoeist

e-row

Post by [old] Canoeist » July 23rd, 2005, 10:29 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Sir Pirate+Jul 23 2005, 11:33 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Sir Pirate @ Jul 23 2005, 11:33 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I will not be going for a good time tomorrow on the 10K, you will catch me after 5 mins or so.<br /><br />If have no motivation to row at the moment plus I don't feel 100%<br /><br />Sir Pirate <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Phil, I have been very busy and haven't had time to train. My row this morning was very poor. It was the first time on the erg since the last race. I started off at SB pace, but was spent after only 3K! It was a long struggle to the end. My final time was 36:04.8, so you should easily stay in front of me on the Sunday race with an additional 27.6 sandbagging seconds. <br /><br />No motivation? What about good old pride? You young guys have lots of energy and bounce back quickly.<br /><br />Cheers,<br /><br />Paul Flack

[old] Sir Pirate

e-row

Post by [old] Sir Pirate » July 24th, 2005, 6:36 am

Sorry guys, but I am going to have to withdraw from todays 10K. I have no energy at all and would not even get past 2K.<br /><br />I will be off the rower now for a few weeks with holidays etc.<br /><br />Have a good row today.<br /><br />Sir Pirate

[old] Canoeist

e-row

Post by [old] Canoeist » July 24th, 2005, 6:47 am

Where did my bunny go? Don't you guys have tea and RedBull over there to give you some extra energy? Chug a few of them and you will be wired!<br /><br />Don't forget to take the erg with you and a copy of my 5K RowPro file! I will be waiting for you when you return!<br /><br />Have a good vacation! <br /><br />Cheers,<br /><br />Paul Flack

[old] Canoeist

e-row

Post by [old] Canoeist » July 24th, 2005, 6:51 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Leif+Jul 23 2005, 11:40 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Leif @ Jul 23 2005, 11:40 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I've covered the PM3 as well as my moinitor and tried to row a 9:00<br /><br />The result wasn't close to 9:00,x :-)  it was very exciting!<br /><br />I'm sure that I'll try again...<br /><br />Happy erging,<br />Leif <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Leif, Michael B, and I had a "Blind 2K cooldown" after the 10K handicap race yesterday. Michael was only 2 seconds off the target of 9 minutes!<br /><br />Regards,<br /><br />Paul Flack

[old] Canoeist

e-row

Post by [old] Canoeist » July 24th, 2005, 7:01 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Sir Pirate+Jul 23 2005, 11:33 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Sir Pirate @ Jul 23 2005, 11:33 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->If have no motivation to row at the moment <br /><br />Sir Pirate <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />You really don't need much motivation for these races. Just show up at the start. When it is your time to start, just think of these two words of wisdom "<b>Shark Bait</b>". <br /><br />It constantly amazes me how fast some of these guys can squirm out of harms way. Yesterday was my nineth row during this handicap series and the nineth time that I failed to set a SB. My best finish of the series was 10 seconds slower than my target. So far, I have managed to avoid negative points. I was a bit worried the way I was feeling yesterday!<br /><br />You can't be in peak form every day, but you can show up at the start. Andreas rowed a pedestrian (for him) 36 min 10K yesterday. If you were there, you might have beat him!<br /><br />Cheers,<br /><br />Paul Flack

[old] Sir Pirate

e-row

Post by [old] Sir Pirate » July 25th, 2005, 4:13 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Canoeist+Jul 24 2005, 11:01 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Canoeist @ Jul 24 2005, 11:01 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Sir Pirate+Jul 23 2005, 11:33 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Sir Pirate @ Jul 23 2005, 11:33 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->If have no motivation to row at the moment <br /><br />Sir Pirate <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />You really don't need much motivation for these races. Just show up at the start. When it is your time to start, just think of these two words of wisdom "<b>Shark Bait</b>". <br /><br />It constantly amazes me how fast some of these guys can squirm out of harms way. Yesterday was my nineth row during this handicap series and the nineth time that I failed to set a SB. My best finish of the series was 10 seconds slower than my target. So far, I have managed to avoid negative points. I was a bit worried the way I was feeling yesterday!<br /><br />You can't be in peak form every day, but you can show up at the start. Andreas rowed a pedestrian (for him) 36 min 10K yesterday. If you were there, you might have beat him!<br /><br />Cheers,<br /><br />Paul Flack <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Paul, I have no motivation at the moment and don’t feel like rowing; the “buzz” has gone for me, it may return, it may not.<br /><br />I must add that I have enjoyed the on-line races and our “head to heads”, you are a great rower and an all round nice chap/good egg, I have much respect for what you have achieved on the erg and in that plastic thing you once paddled around in .<br /><br />I am off the rower for a while now, I will see how things go, if the urge comes back to me to kick your a**e some more,………………..I’ll be back. <br /><br />Sir Pirate<br />