Handicaps For Saturday 6k

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] runningun

e-row

Post by [old] runningun » July 15th, 2005, 2:46 pm

First, Andreas vT and Rich Kane have had to drop out (Hennie and Bill--Andreas wanted to be sure you both knew...flu..). ALSO, I believe I inadvertently deleted another entrant... so if you find that your name is gone, please enter again--sorry!<br /><br />For the rest of us:<br /><br />Name SB6k RaceHC<br /><br />Dean 23:50.6 start at ROW<br />Bert 24:29.9 0m 21s<br />Michael 23:22.8 0m 28s<br />Leif 23:21.8 0m 29s<br />Paul 20:33.5 3m 17s<br /><br />Dean: I used your time from over a year ago as listed on the C2 site... if you have an update you may email it to me at bert (at) gabourgeois (dot) com.<br /><br />These handicaps may change, if the person I deleted turns out to be the new Turtle or if Dean has another time.<br /><br />

[old] michaelb

e-row

Post by [old] michaelb » July 15th, 2005, 2:55 pm

I thought Will was in the race, but I didn't see Andreas earlier today.

[old] runningun

e-row

Post by [old] runningun » July 15th, 2005, 3:29 pm

Michael... thanks, I'll send him an email.... He can give Mr. Flack something to row for. The rest of us are in a very tight bunch around 23:20 somthing. Bert

[old] Canoeist

e-row

Post by [old] Canoeist » July 15th, 2005, 5:16 pm

Where is my rabbit? I mean, Sir Pirate. No sight of hide nor hare of him.<br /><br />Cheers,<br /><br />Paul Flack

[old] runningun

e-row

Post by [old] runningun » July 15th, 2005, 9:28 pm

Paul: no rabbit meat on this menu (remember, this is just breakfast). <br />However, you may have noticed I have issued a Marathon Challenge -- our Aug 26th group of eight against ANY other team of six or more. SO: why not get the Pirate to round up his own crew? He can set any date, time, etc. Now THAT would provide a little grist for your mill!

[old] hennmart

e-row

Post by [old] hennmart » July 16th, 2005, 6:34 am

<!--QuoteBegin-runningun+Jul 15 2005, 08:46 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(runningun @ Jul 15 2005, 08:46 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->First, Andreas vT and Rich Kane have had to drop out  (Hennie and Bill--Andreas wanted to be sure you both knew...flu..).  ALSO, I believe I inadvertently deleted another entrant... so if you find that your name is gone, please enter again--sorry!<br /> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I sorry to hear that Andreas had to drop out ; I wish him all the best with his flu and that he may recover quickly!<br /><br />Hennie<br />

[old] Canoeist

e-row

Post by [old] Canoeist » July 16th, 2005, 6:42 am

It would be great for Sir Pirate to race another marathon crew. Obviously, he is too scared to race Andreas and me directly head to head. I don't see him in the line up this weekend. Having a crew should provide him the comfort and safety that he craves. <br /><br />Actually, it would be nice if more people signed up and we split the heats into fast and slow. There is so much distance between fast and slow boats in a marathon. Andreas should be around 2:35 whilst others will certainly finish over a half hour later. If Sir Pirate, H2O, Pieter, Jaap, Thomas, or other relatively fast boat wanted to do a marathon, it would be best if they joined me in keeping Andreas honest.<br /><br />Cheers,<br /><br />Paul Flack

[old] runningun

e-row

Post by [old] runningun » July 16th, 2005, 8:57 pm

Paul: I'd like to soo if we get some action on this challenge. <br />If we don't get anything within a couple of weeks, then let's split as you say.... I have a mild concern that the slower "half" will not get many others to join, as people back away from a FM unless they're pretty strong. On the other hand, if we bill it as a "slow marathon", maybe we'd have more takers. In any case, we should/will decide with at month's lead time, so people can get geared up!