E-row And The New Servers

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] SteveV

e-row

Post by [old] SteveV » August 12th, 2004, 7:26 pm

The race servers for E-Row have recently moved in preperation for the release of RowPro 1.7 and internet rowing for the PM3.<br><br>Over the last few weeks the new servers have been tested by a few rowers, the servers are now working well enough to invite everyone to switch over to them<br><br>By getting more people on the new servers we should be able to check they don't fall over with full races.<br><br>So if you have a PM2+ reset your internet setup in E-Row to webserver.digitalrowing.com and raceserver.digitalrowing.com<br><br>Then re-register on the new server and join the fun<br><br>Any problems give me a shout<br>

[old] tomhz

e-row

Post by [old] tomhz » August 13th, 2004, 6:00 am

Steve, <br><br>I am using Rowpro 1.6 and I've been waiting for Rowpro 1.7 so long now that I can't wait for Internet racing any more. My PC is hooked up to the internet since a week or so and I decided to install and try E-Row internet racing for the time being. <br><br>I used E-Row before, but never tried internet racing. Any tips? <br><br>Tom

[old] SteveV

e-row

Post by [old] SteveV » August 13th, 2004, 6:12 am

assuming you have a PM2+<br><br>go into e-row, internet setup, change the server adresses to those above (ending digitalrowing.com.<br><br>goto internet menu, register and get yourself an id to logon to e-row race server.<br><br>Then once logged in, goto menu, internet/race schedule and look for a race. There should be a few over the weekend.<br><br>There is a chat window in e-row, internet/chat. and there is a help page that will help explain the basics.

[old] Canoeist

e-row

Post by [old] Canoeist » August 13th, 2004, 7:59 am

Tips:<br><br>1) Turn off your screen saver or set a time longer than your workout. Otherwise, you might be kicked out of the race when the time expires.<br><br>2) Turn off any power management software that shuts down your computer during times of inactivity. Whilst you may be rowing your guts out in a 10K race, the computer thinks you are twiddling your thumbs in front of the TV and shuts you down. Its quite annoying!<br><br>3) Set your "view" appropriately. If you are going to be leading or trailing some other rower by 500 m at the end of the race or workout, your screen will "jump" if you are using the "auto" view.<br><br>4) Set your "view preference" on current pace. This way you can tell if your opponent is trying to get a jump on you at the end of the race. It is also nice to see if he is dying during the second half.<br><br>5) Know your time in relation to Grenwich, England. (GMT) E-row tells you when you sign in. Rowers live in many time zones, so they use GMT as the standard.<br><br>6) Don't be discouraged if you aren't the fastest bloke on e-row. There are many ways to handicap and make it a great workout for everyone. <br><br>Have fun.<br><br>Paul Flack

[old] tomhz

e-row

Post by [old] tomhz » August 13th, 2004, 12:00 pm

Thank you, Steve and Paul.<br><br>I will give it a try this weekend.<br><br>Tom

[old] LacticAcid

e-row

Post by [old] LacticAcid » August 20th, 2004, 10:27 pm

Steve, I am using the PM2+ and E-Row. I typed in the new server addresses and double checked. But I'm getting the "Unable to find Server" error message.<br><br>Please advise. <br><br>Thanx<br><br>

[old] SteveV

e-row

Post by [old] SteveV » August 21st, 2004, 2:43 am

1. did you get them thr right way around ?<br>2. did you start by doing internet/register (you need to re-register on the new server<br><br>if you did these e-mail the Pete at RowPro for more help, he is looking after the new servers. pete@digitalrowing.com<br><br>Can't think of any reason why it won't work.<br><br>If you press defaults and go back to the old server does it work ok ?

[old] LacticAcid

e-row

Post by [old] LacticAcid » August 21st, 2004, 8:02 am

Steve, I don't understand question #1. "Did I get them the right way around"? <br><br><br><br>I changed the Web Server / Race Server addresses, then tried to register, but I get the error message "unable to find server".<br><br>Tell me Step-by-Step what to do. Leave out any other comments. Thanks..

[old] SteveV

e-row

Post by [old] SteveV » August 21st, 2004, 1:17 pm

i meant make sure you didn't put the raceserver address in the space meant for the webserver and vice versa, i am sure you didn't but can't think of anything else<br>

[old] LacticAcid

e-row

Post by [old] LacticAcid » August 21st, 2004, 4:02 pm

No, I have it the "right" way around. I double checked! <br><br>I still can't log on or find the servers. I can log on to the old servers just fine, as I have for the last 3 years.<br><br>No, I don't have any weird software or firewalls on my computer and I'm on a dial-up connection. No broadband firewalls, etc. etc..<br><br>I tried several times today and once I got a "Validating User Name" dialog box, but it hanged for 20 minutes until I gave up.<br><br>I e-mailed pete@digitalrowing.com, got a reply with instructions that I had already completed. <br><br>I'm getting flabby sitting here trying to figure this out.<br><br> <br><br>

[old] SteveV

e-row

Post by [old] SteveV » August 21st, 2004, 4:14 pm

someone else had this problem, i registered for them and then he could login ok. forget who he was now, Captain maybe.<br><br>maybe you can hook up with someone on msn and get them to register for you.<br><br>my msn address is steveviney@hotmail.com, e-mail me if you want me to try to register for you, need<br><br>id<br>computer name<br>password<br>location<br>

[old] LacticAcid

e-row

Post by [old] LacticAcid » August 21st, 2004, 6:35 pm

What does someone else registering for me do? Why shouldn't I be able to do it for myself?<br><br>

[old] SteveV

e-row

Post by [old] SteveV » August 22nd, 2004, 2:32 am

there is a problem with some people registering, don't know why, but you obviously can't do it.<br><br>so getting someone who can register to do it will at least get you online. <br><br>Stay on the old servers if you prefer. <br><br>why not ask Pete at digitalrowing to register for yuor and pass on your details

[old] LacticAcid

e-row

Post by [old] LacticAcid » August 22nd, 2004, 4:38 pm

I should be able to connect to the servers. I know it's not my computer. I have three of them, all different configurations and OSes. <br><br>There must be a connectivity issue with the new servers and E-Row. If someone else registers for me, why would E-Row be able to find the servers? E-Row must find the servers first before registration can be of any use.<br><br>If the servers cannot be found or the regsitration process hangs there's obviously a communication problem on the new servers.<br><br><br><i>Stay on the old servers, if I prefer???? Uh, it's not about that Steve.</i>

[old] andyArvid

e-row

Post by [old] andyArvid » August 23rd, 2004, 11:37 am

I had the same error. Check if you do not have any spaces before or after the server name in "Internet Setup". I copied and pasted the server names and brought an extra space along with the server name.